Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

###############MORNING THREAD #########12/2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Hey gents. Something came up, and I need some funds. Had to spend an amount of money, that really cut into some things. If anyone is interested, I am making this available to the MT only. looking for $140 on it.

GrifBo0001_zps70fe4618.jpg

Nice card. And to bad you need to move it. Hopefully things work out for you.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Oh man, I've been away from the boards since Thanksgiving. Friday morning I woke up with three itchy spots on my back. It got worse Saturday and Sunday, went to the doctor yesterday and I have a case of Shingles. Not good! Itchy spots and what feels like bruised ribs but is internal nerve pain. This really sucks!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Oh man, I've been away from the boards since Thanksgiving. Friday morning I woke up with three itchy spots on my back. It got worse Saturday and Sunday, went to the doctor yesterday and I have a case of Shingles. Not good! Itchy spots and what feels like bruised ribs but is internal nerve pain. This really sucks!

Shingles can be debilitating to some people.
So now next year you'll need to get a shingles vaccine with you annual flu shot. Assuming you get a Flu shot.
I love how most DR. miss diagnose Shingles since they think people only can get it if your over 60 years old, but lately everyone I know who has got it in the past 5 years was between 45 and 60 years young.
This does not mean you will get in this age group, it means once you have the chicken pox, you can get shingles at anytime after that.

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning gents! Been a minute but thought I'd drop in and saw what's up over a cup of coffee.

FWIW, the email notifications on here are down and not working, which is a drag because I feel like that kicked me back to the site a lot more when I saw those emails but o well.

In other news, the Belle incoming cards has slowed down but might pick up here with the new Tek out tomorrow. The real drag has been that Beckett can't seem to get the new releases straight on player checklists and that too has got me a little off the hobby because when I can't track what I need, then it is hard to be interested.

Anyways, hope y'all are doing great. Did the MTSS ever get off the ground?

Tek disappointed us both.

Good morning all. Today is my girlfriend's birthday. Went and got her breakfast already. I'll be taking her out for lunch, and then her roommates are making dinner tonight. I'm just glad that I get to pay for lunch instead of taking her to dinner since I like the price of lunch at places much more than the price of dinner :lol:

Happy Birthday to your girlfriend.

Hey gents. Something came up, and I need some funds. Had to spend an amount of money, that really cut into some things. If anyone is interested, I am making this available to the MT only. looking for $140 on it.

GrifBo0001_zps70fe4618.jpg

Very nice card, hope everything works out for you.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Let the sorting begin. I'll see how many sets I can make from this case I open 2 years ago;-)
I made 2 and 3/4 sets from my 2012 case. 1417536959119.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Shingles can be debilitating to some people.
So now next year you'll need to get a shingles vaccine with you annual flu shot. Assuming you get a Flu shot.
I love how most DR. miss diagnose Shingles since they think people only can get it if your over 60 years old, but lately everyone I know who has got it in the past 5 years was between 45 and 60 years young.
This does not mean you will get in this age group, it means once you have the chicken pox, you can get shingles at anytime after that.

You can get it anytime after having chicken pox. I had chicken pox as a kid. The virus stays in the nerve tips and can reemerge as shingles years or decades later. I've talked to a few people now who got it in their 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's. No one knows what makes it emerge. You can have lingering pain after the rash/scabs go away, something like 10%-20% of cases. Hopefully mine just runs the normal course and is gone in 2-4 weeks.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Good morning. Crisp start in the woods today. One buck tag left with a week left of gun season. Next week starts muzzleloader season till the end of the year.

Come on up near my place, haha

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1417539616.411559.jpg

I'm not a hunter, I prefer shooting them with my camera

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Been a couple of years since I've added to this rainbow, but got the Black Chrome Plate this weekend. Anyone ever seen a more complete first year Bowman Chrome / Bowman rainbow? Need 5 more plates to complete it, but it already has seven 1/1's in it.

lars_rainbow.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Been a couple of years since I've added to this rainbow, but got the Black Chrome Plate this weekend. Anyone ever seen a more complete first year Bowman Chrome / Bowman rainbow? Need 5 more plates to complete it, but it already has seven 1/1's in it.

lars_rainbow.jpg

Very impressive collection! Why Lars Davis? I am not familiar with him.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Very impressive collection! Why Lars Davis? I am not familiar with him.

He's a fellow University of Illinois alum I saw play and one of our school's highest ever drafted players (we're not much of a baseball school). He made Triple AAA but likely will never see the majors - hoping he gets a cup of coffee someday. I won the Superfractor and just added pieces over time, hasn't cost me much. Now it's about the search to see how complete I can get the rainbow. Another cool aspect of this small collection is that the red, orange, gold refractors are all #1/X. Wish I could find the blue refractor #1/X too.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
He's a fellow University of Illinois alum I saw play and one of our school's highest ever drafted players (we're not much of a baseball school). He made Triple AAA but likely will never see the majors - hoping he gets a cup of coffee someday. I won the Superfractor and just added pieces over time, hasn't cost me much. Now it's about the search to see how complete I can get the rainbow. Another cool aspect of this small collection is that the red, orange, gold refractors are all #1/X. Wish I could find the blue refractor #1/X too.

That is really cool!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Very nice couple of young bucks there. I am having a decent year so no complaints. Our snow is almost gone here.

I miss deer hunting. Growing up in South Dakota was the best for the sportsman in me. Its tougher to find some spots to go down here in Nebraska now. Have to do a lot of asking around for permission to find land to hunt on in my area. My dad is sending me a batch of his deer jerky, which I'll be getting when I get home next week. I believe he's gotten 2 does so far. I think that's all he has for tags this year, but the season up there opens up again in January, and he might grab a tag or 2 if there are any left for the county he goes to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts