Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

###############MORNING THREAD #########12/2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Only Ginter would do this.
Bill Walton base card is number 150 in the regular set and then he is number 350 in the Short print list
Difference is the color in the background mini is the 350 sp as well. Sp card for Walton is on the left with the green background

1417550661021.jpg
1417550682269.jpg

Last edited:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Question regarding PSA slabs. I've started a PSA 10 Olerud RC project. The current flips have the holo-foil backs and the back half of the slab fits into the front like the BGS slabs do. Has anyone seen an older style slab (with the seam between the front and back halves) with the newer flip? I have two PSA cards from ebay seller 4-sharp-corners and one clearly is a newer slab, but the other has the new flip and a seam around the edges with a gap wide enough to get your fingernail into.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Question regarding PSA slabs. I've started a PSA 10 Olerud RC project. The current flips have the holo-foil backs and the back half of the slab fits into the front like the BGS slabs do. Has anyone seen an older style slab (with the seam between the front and back halves) with the newer flip? I have two PSA cards from ebay seller 4-sharp-corners and one clearly is a newer slab, but the other has the new flip and a seam around the edges with a gap wide enough to get your fingernail into.

I'll look at mine tonight. Most of mine came from 4 sharp corners. I just checked the cert numbers before buying. I really don't know how easy it is to fake a flip/slab or change out a card. How many Olerud RC's are there?

88DONRUSSPSA10.jpg
88DONRUSSBASEBALLSBESTPSA10.jpg
88DONRUSSROOKIESPSA10.jpg

88FLEERPSA10.jpg
88FLEERGLOSSYPSA10.jpg
88FLEERUPDATEPSA10.jpg

88FLEERUPDATEGLOSSYPSA10.jpg
88FLEERMINIPSA10.jpg
88LEAFPSA10.jpg

88SCORETRADEDPSA10.jpg
88SCORETRADEDGLOSSYPSA10.jpg

88TOPPSTRADEDPSA10.jpg
88TOPPSTRADEDTIFPSA10.jpg

Last edited:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'll look at mine tonight. Most of mine came from 4 sharp corners. I just checked the cert numbers before buying. I really don't know how easy it is to fake a flip/slab or change out a card. How many Olerud RC's are there?

According to the PSA registry there are seven: 1990 Bowman, Donruss, Fleer Update, Leaf, Score, Topps Traded, and Upper Deck. Not exactly high-end stuff but it'll be a fun side project. I'll probably start with those and eventually include the Tiffany's and Donruss Rookies as well.

I wonder where 4sc gets their cards. For 1990 Bowman for example they have listed at least four unique 10's over the past few weeks.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
According to the PSA registry there are seven: 1990 Bowman, Donruss, Fleer Update, Leaf, Score, Topps Traded, and Upper Deck. Not exactly high-end stuff but it'll be a fun side project. I'll probably start with those and eventually include the Tiffany's and Donruss Rookies as well.

I wonder where 4sc gets their cards. For 1990 Bowman for example they have listed at least four unique 10's over the past few weeks.

That's an awesome project to pursue, I have been messaging 4 corners with no reply trying to make a deal on about 100 Andre Dawson PSA 10s that they have.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

I have over 80 PSA grades Dawson cards and I just went through them since I just added 4 new PSA 10s and I have four different flips and all my slabs look the same. It seems I can get a fingernail hold on the seams on all the slabs but the one pictures with the PSA hologram has a noticeable gab where I can get a fingernail in, but not all of my PSA hologram backs have this noticeable gap

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Evening gang! Been working on scanning and uploading my new Dunn pick-ups. Should add them to the Dunn thread tonight.

Good morning everyone. Made it home last night from North Dakota, where it was more than 110 degrees colder than it was at my house. Came home to 26 manila envelopes and 3 boxes of cards! It was like Christmas lol. Then I ordered 295 cards from COMC.

View attachment 43418

Great googily moogily! That's a lot of Dawsons!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Evening gang! Been working on scanning and uploading my new Dunn pick-ups. Should add them to the Dunn thread tonight.

Great googily moogily! That's a lot of Dawsons!

100 of those cards are Drew Brees cards for my son for Christmas or his birthday. All or Chrome, Refractors, Serial Numbered, or Die Cut. I did purchase 195 Andre Dawson cards/mentions/cameos and I still have a lot of offers out there that have not been answered. I just always forget about COMC so I made up for it lol

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I have over 80 PSA grades Dawson cards and I just went through them since I just added 4 new PSA 10s and I have four different flips and all my slabs look the same. It seems I can get a fingernail hold on the seams on all the slabs but the one pictures with the PSA hologram has a noticeable gab where I can get a fingernail in, but not all of my PSA hologram backs have this noticeable gap

Thanks for checking. Sounds like you have a mix of slabs similiar to mine, except I have far fewer (only 2 PSA/DNA and 2 PSA 10's)!

Latest posts