Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

------------Morning Thread------------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
metallicalex777 said:
MojoDan said:
metallicalex777 said:
:grouphug: GOOD MORNING MTers!!!! :grouphug: Just finished reading through the 8 ages of fun, humor and debacles :lol: Hope all is well for you all...especially to those who are sick. Jen is sick as well so I assume I am next ::facepalm:: Quick little funny story...as I was reading through the thread I was telling Jen about Secret Santa. She says "Secret Santa? What about Secret Grim Reaper??". It's only funny because Halloween is her most FAVORITE holiday...she ALWAYS requests for it off and I swear it feels like its her 21st birthday or something everytime Halloween comes around :lol: Anywho...we are about to watch "I Love You Man"...my best friend swears up and down I will laugh my booty off. I'm stoked since he and I have EXACT ways of enjoying/hating movies so thats one review I cannot pass up.

I dont recall that but okay...

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...I meant my non-baseball-card-collecting best friend ::facepalm:: :lol:

So she is that big a fan of Halloween huh? She like all of the horror movie that go along with it as well?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
MojoDan said:
metallicalex777 said:
MojoDan said:
metallicalex777 said:
:grouphug: GOOD MORNING MTers!!!! :grouphug: Just finished reading through the 8 ages of fun, humor and debacles :lol: Hope all is well for you all...especially to those who are sick. Jen is sick as well so I assume I am next ::facepalm:: Quick little funny story...as I was reading through the thread I was telling Jen about Secret Santa. She says "Secret Santa? What about Secret Grim Reaper??". It's only funny because Halloween is her most FAVORITE holiday...she ALWAYS requests for it off and I swear it feels like its her 21st birthday or something everytime Halloween comes around :lol: Anywho...we are about to watch "I Love You Man"...my best friend swears up and down I will laugh my booty off. I'm stoked since he and I have EXACT ways of enjoying/hating movies so thats one review I cannot pass up.

I dont recall that but okay...

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...I meant my non-baseball-card-collecting best friend ::facepalm:: :lol:

So she is that big a fan of Halloween huh? She like all of the horror movie that go along with it as well?
Dude. Halloween is THE holliday in my house.
My wife's favorite day of the year.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
George_Calfas said:
gvsu96 said:
MojoDan said:
[quote="George_Calfas":23k58669]
gvsu96 said:
Hey George I actually read some of the 2008 New Philadelphia report last night.. Damn Time Team American web site.

Oh yeah! Some of those are my words. Working today on some 2009 write ups.

Say what now?!?!??!!
http://www.anthro.illinois.edu/faculty/cfennell/NP/2008ReportMenu.html

I wrote the archaeology chunk of Chapter 3, Block 3 Lot 4[/quote:23k58669]

Well done Sir. :)

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Dan - Yeah...she is a huge fanatic of Halloween, but for some reason she REALLY dislikes the horror movies. Not because they are scary or anything...thats probably why, she is tough to scare ;)

Charlie - Good to know :lol: What is it with women/wives that favor Halloween so much? I think it is the candy and the dress up, but thats just a guess :lol:

George - Have a great day dude!!!

The rest of the MTer - Have a great day as well!!! I'm off to spend the rest of the day with the wife so I hope everything goes great for you all!!!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I really only have 3 major sports debacles that I have lived through...

1. 1992-93 Patrick Division Final between the Penguins and Islanders. the Pens were heavily favored to win their 3rd Stanley Cup in a row only to be upset by the Islanders in OT of Game 7. on the bright side the Islanders haven't won a playoff series since.

2. former Pirate Sid Bream scoring on the Pirates in the 1992 NLCS on a double by Francisco Cabrera to win Game 7 and send the Braves to the World Series

3. Bill Buckner 1986 ALCS. I was only 10 but I still remember it vividly and it still hurts.

although the Pirates have been a debacle since 1993 so maybe that should be considered number 4.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Anthony K. said:
If anyone cares about Alex, I think they should all read this:

FCB Morning Crew Mailday

Thanks SO much Alex, I really appreciate it ;)

You will be regretting that if I get you for SS. I have some devious things in mind for you :twisted:

An asset to the MT community! Way to go Alex :)

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
MaineMule said:
wideright said:
Ok, boys here we go. List your top sports debacles (as many as you can). One rule, you had to be alive and a fan of the the team playing.

Here we go (getting a box of Kleenex's): :lol:

1. SB 25: Bills v Giants Norwood misses winning field goal... yes, wide right. This is #1 to me cuz the Bills still have no ring.
2. 1986 ALCS Game 6: Buckner. This would have been #1 pre-2004. But nonetheless still painful to this day.
3. 1999-00 Bills v Titans Wild card game: Music City Miracle Curse. Ugh. Last time the Bills had a chance at the playoffs.
4. 1999 Stanley Cup (as previously mentioned). No Goal!!!! Ridiculous call.
5. SB 26, 27, 28. ::facepalm:: 4 SB losses in a row
6. 2003 ALCS Sox v Yanks. Aaron F$*ing Boone off me. Sad moment in my legacy.

Joe- what channel is Adult Swim on? Spike?

A couple of others for New England sports fans.....

10th inning, Game 3, '75 World Series, Ed Armbrister collides with Pudge Fisk resulting in an errant throw and no interference call by umpire Larry Barnett. Reds went up 2-1 in Series.....

'76 playoffs Raiders/Pats- Ben Dreith calls a phantom roughing-the-passer call on Sugar Bear Hamilton, automatic 1st down that leads to winning touchdown (guess the Pats got revenge in the "Tuck" game though ;) )

My first (and still worst) devastating memory was seeing the Angels get shutout 8-0 in Game Four of the 1979 ALCS by the Baltimore Orioles. Man, was I glad to see the Pirates win the World Series that year! Revenge! (of a sort).

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Good on ya, Mr. Alex! That's a great gesture to hook up Anthony. Thanks for sharing, AK! Good to see the comraderie building all around here (specifically the MT). I have a feeling the MT SS this year is going to be something to remember for a long time.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
YO-Dudes
had the MRI on the head this afternoon, but I think I know what caused the other medical thingie
So I was hating to add to the cost of health care. Oh well. We will see what they say.

So how has all you guys been? I did not back read and I may not.
I see the Cubs won again today, hell yeah man. Ok off to wally world for the wife's drugs that should be there

Richard

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Hope you're ok......?

Pine Tar said:
YO-Dudes
had the MRI on the head this afternoon, but I think I know what caused the other medical thingie
So I was hating to add to the cost of health care. Oh well. We will see what they say.

So how has all you guys been? I did not back read and I may not.
I see the Cubs won again today, hell yeah man. Ok off to wally world for the wife's drugs that should be there

Richard

Members online

Latest posts