Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most collected Non-HOF Modern Player in your opinion ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
packbusta said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Nomo and Murphy are good ones indeed.

ive never checked Nomo's PSA 10 status, but with the Japan angle, im sure they're up there

Wouldn't Nomo be in the same class as Griffey though? Not trying to start an argument, just trying to understand your guidelines.

No, Griffey will be in the HOF when eligible.

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
ThoseBackPages said:
packbusta said:
ThoseBackPages said:

ive never checked Nomo's PSA 10 status, but with the Japan angle, im sure they're up there

Wouldn't Nomo be in the same class as Griffey though? Not trying to start an argument, just trying to understand your guidelines.

So you're looking for players we don't think will make the HOF?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
packbusta said:
ThoseBackPages said:
packbusta said:
ThoseBackPages said:

So you're looking for players we don't think will make the HOF?

Correct. Mega-popular hobby collected players that will not make it, sans juice and/or banishment.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
i wish benito santiago was in that criteria.

was one of my favorite players back in the 80s.

see eric? i remember benito, eric davis...i dont remember squat about barry larkin!

dave

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
I should have never traded this:

Mattingly.jpg

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I don't know that looking at PSA 10 sales is really the way to judge this. I'm a pretty serious Will Clark collector but never even look at PSA slabs. The rarest cards don't get slabbed. Instead, I think you should look at the truly rare cards for a player, such as Donruss Crusades or test/regional issues. I don't know if Will Clark would be the winner (loser?) of this title, but he certainly has to be up there.

Take a look at these recent sales:

2010 Panini Century Stamp/Auto 1/5 for $616
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Panini...0623345329?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2c62096ab1

$(KGrHqVHJBcE7)8VFQOqBP!7OtEKTw~~60_12.JPG

And the 1/10 stamp/jersey/auto for $379. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Panini...0724017013?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item35b8391b75

$(KGrHqZ,!k4E66-TY7,NBO+JhFrU1Q~~60_12.JPG

Those sales are just insane.

I'd also like to say that Juan Gonzalez has a large and deep-pocketed collector base. Maybe it's a former Texas Ranger thing. Or maybe we're all just a little bit crazy.

I'm sure there are others, but Clark and Gonzalez are two players whose rare cards routinely sell for far more than similar cards for some well-respected Hall of Famers, such as Yount, Brett, Sandberg, Puckett and Winfield. (the rule doesn't always hold, but it is very often true.)

It would be interesting to see a full run of star-level Red Crusades auctioned to see which sells for the most. I'm not saying Will would be at the top, but he'd be far above many HOFers. (does anyone track that sort of thing?)

Latest posts