Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Annual Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Once a year at this time, I compile my prospect lists for all 30 teams. Although I enjoy doing it, it's an arduous task to say the least. Many hours were sacrified into this endeavor.

What follows is just my opinion, nothing more.

The two main factors that go into them are potential and statistics.

So, with that said, I hope you like them.

Here's the link: http://jaypers413.sportscardblogs.com/2 ... cts-lists/

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
sheetskout said:
J.P. you are the man!

Thanks bro.

That reminds me -- Gamel finished the season today with exactly 130 ABs, and Escobar with 129. Therefore, both are still eligible for 2010 NL ROY.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Nice job! I like the Darnell and Smoak selections. That Desmond Jennings guy was a little high ;) . Now we need you to put together a top 10 hitters and top 10 pitchers overall list. Thanks for all your insight.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
MIL Brewers

1) Alcides Escobar

2) Brett Lawrie

3) Mat Gamel

4) Cody Scarpetta

5) Jake Odorizzi

6) Wily Peralta

7) Eric Arnett

8) Evan Anundsen

9) Cutter Dykstra

10) Kentrail Davis

On the Cusp – Kyle Heckathorn

Team Sleeper – Sean Halton

I'm going to go out on a limb here and call this a top-ten if not highly ranked system. This list doesn't even touch on Logan Schafer, Jon Lucroy, Angel Salome, Zack Braddock, Jeremy Jeffress, Lorenzo Cain and some others.

Of course we take a hit when Escobar and Gamel graduate.

The pitching is starting to arrive.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Damn good job JP. I would have a few minor disagreements, but that happens with any list. Thanks for putting in the time and effort.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Thanks for the list! It's interesting to see how others view my Mets prospects. I'm curious to know why you have Fernando Martinez above Ike Davis? Martinez seems to have enough injury issues at his young age to make his potential lower than a number two rating. Nieuwenhuis really came on at the end of the year so I hope he's not a "one and done" season player. Brad Holt seemed to have some late season issues, possibly due to fatigue along with the hype surrounding him. After his injusry, he seemed to struggle a bit. Hopefully the off season will be kind to him.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
69MetsFan said:
I'm curious to know why you have Fernando Martinez above Ike Davis? Martinez seems to have enough injury issues at his young age to make his potential lower than a number two rating.

If he can stay healthy, I see big things for him. If you recall, Desmond Jennings suffered several setbacks due to injury early on in his career, and look at him now.

marterburn said:
JP, you rock man, thanks for putting this together!

Did you give any thought to Mauricio Robles in the Mariner's top 10, or is it just that deep?

I did, but as you said, the system is incredibly deep. This list took me longer than most others to select only twelve names.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Thats very good work right there! The really only thing I would object is Mike Montgomery over Danny Duffy. I am a bit biased and I know you said stats weren't everything. However, Duffy dominated this year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
TelePlayer22 said:
Heh, Brian Dopirak on a prospect sheet ;)

I'd say he earned it. Amazing comeback year. I hope he gets a shot at the bigs sometime soon.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
TelePlayer22 said:
Heh, Brian Dopirak on a prospect sheet ;)

I'd say he earned it. Amazing comeback year. I hope he gets a shot at the bigs sometime soon.

Definitely, it's just funny to see a name from so long ago make it back up there.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
J.P. just sent the web link to Kyle Heckathorn of the Brewers. He is impressed. Should have ranked him 10 A or something! He was pretty happy.. Good job

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
brianga26 said:
J.P. just sent the web link to Kyle Heckathorn of the Brewers. He is impressed. Should have ranked him 10 A or something! He was pretty happy.. Good job

In effect, I did. He was ranked "on the cusp" of my Brewers' Top 10.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
J.P., I'm guessing the answer is "yes", but do you post a Top 100 List as well at some point?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
jlecates said:
J.P., I'm guessing the answer is "yes", but do you post a Top 100 List as well at some point?

Yes, I'll create one shortly before BA does theirs. I'm guessing Chapman will have signed by then as well, so look for him too.

Members online

Latest posts