Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Memorial IP Autograph Pickups outside Yankee Stadium

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm amazed Yankee players don't chill out in the clubhouse and shower and do post-game interviews while waiting for fans to leave the area, then leave when the traffic isn't so bad.

I wonder why __y-rod and fat 'bath are in such a hurry to leave into heavy traffic unless they have a business appointment.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
rsmath said:
I wonder why __y-rod and fat 'bath are in such a hurry to leave into heavy traffic unless they have a business appointment.

probably for the same reasons all of us leave our jobs as soon as we can and drive into heavy traffic (rush hour). They want to get home.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
the arod hat auto is just awesome, bud!!!

love your ip autos that you get, man....

and awesome gesture that you sent lincy auto to darock! class act in itself

dave

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
rsmath said:

probably for the same reasons all of us leave our jobs as soon as we can and drive into heavy traffic (rush hour). They want to get home.

I guess my 60% of the public is stupid rule strikes again!

I know when I was working for the man and currently for myself, I was in no rush to go home. I knew if I left right at 5pm, I would be home at 5:25pm. If I chilled out a few minutes at the office and left at 5:15pm, I would get home about 5:30pm because the traffic was not as congested as it was when everyone left the office buildings area at 5pm.

If you know the rush hour traffic is bad right at your go-home time, why not chill out at the office and screw around on the internet a half hour setting your fantasy lineup or reading MLB news or whatever non-**** related and go home when it's not as congested.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
rsmath said:
G $MONEY$ said:
rsmath said:

I guess my 60% of the public is stupid rule strikes again!

I know when I was working for the man and currently for myself, I was in no rush to go home. I knew if I left right at 5pm, I would be home at 5:25pm. If I chilled out a few minutes at the office and left at 5:15pm, I would get home about 5:30pm because the traffic was not as congested as it was when everyone left the office buildings area at 5pm.

If you know the rush hour traffic is bad right at your go-home time, why not chill out at the office and screw around on the internet a half hour setting your fantasy lineup or reading MLB news or whatever non-**** related and go home when it's not as congested.

Well lets see they arrived at the stadium played a 3 hr game in the heat and want to go home and relax unlike you they work on memorial day and work 7 days a week. the last thing on their mind is fanatsy sports or any other thing on the internet

as far as the OP congrats on scoring one of the hardest yankees on your hat which turned out great

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Sadly, this thread doesn't shock me anymore. Personally, I could never bring myself to stopping players in traffic because it just sounds childish and pathetic. I mean is it really worth it? Try putting yourself in their shoes.

As for crashing the charity event, that is just wrong in so many ways. How can you do something like that and look yourself in the mirror each day? And to those that support this type of thing in this thread, really? It has nothing to do with "hating on someone" or "jealousy"... YOU CRASHED A FREAKING CHARITY EVENT!! There truely aren't words to completely describe that type of selfish behavior. The players and the people THAT PAY to be there are doing something for a good cause. You and some other random pieces of garbage decide to show up for your own personal benefit. That is the exact opposite of what a charity event is suppossed to stand for.

I know the type of person you are, and I know you will never stop what you do. And by this, I mean steal from and deceive others. I really hope that you get yours in the end.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Hate the Yankees, but very nice autos bro! I found out on another site that posting stuff like this on sites that are primarily card-based seems to cause issues. Never quite understood the hate that people have towards autographers, but nonetheless nice stuff!

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Sweet stuff man! Id stop Arod in traffic too if it meant I'd get his auto and nice job at that charity event ;) dont mind the haters, keep doing what you do and fill us in with all your new successes!

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Nice work getting the Memorial autos, but the others ::facepalm:: This thread has revealed a lot of dbags.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Looks like the FCB tool box is filling right up with all the people responding in this thread about all the "jealousy" and "hate" towards "autographers".

I think you are a tool, as most do, and, anyone who agrees that what you do is fine, well, you are a tool as well.

Maybe next time you can just stop Mark Teixera while he is taking a **** and get him to sign your ball? Or, maybe when you are done blowing Jeter, he may sign a hat for you ;)

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Out of curiosity, how can ANYONE here defend crashing a charity event?

I just can not understand it. Please explain this to me. Is it not the same as stealing from someone?

I'm not a "hater". If someone gets a cool IP auto somewhere like at a game or event (that they payed for), then I congratulate them. But sneaking into a charity event?????? That just reeks of D-Bag.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'll have to re-read the other thread. Seems like I read it before. As far as stopping a player in traffic...it doesn't sound like they cared and it doesn't sound like he bugged them. Me and the wifey were at a game at Minute Maid one day and were told if we go stand outside of the parking garage, the athletes would stop and sign. This was from somebody working there. So we tried it and had no luck. As we are walking away I see Brad Lidge in his car at a stoplight and my Wife waved our ball at him. He called her over and talked to her for a few seconds until the light changed and signed the ball for us.

A side note:
My take...the autograph scene has gotten uglier these days. There are a lot of us who actually like to meet players we collect and like. This board is primarily card collectors , half of which seem more determined to find the next Strasburg or Harper prospect cards on the sly without anyone noticing. I don't think people will understand. And I don't expect them to. Lets just suffice it to say that obtaining an auto at games these days is almost impossible to do. We used to be able to. Last game I went to was a Rays/Astros game a week or two ago and we were 2nd in line to get in and when they opened the gates people started pushing and shoving to get in and were literally running down to the visitors side of the field lining up along the wall trying to get autos from Rays players. Its damn near impossible to even get down there now. People are getting autos and turning them on ebay right away. Even the free events are getting more limited and are getting stricter so that without the help of other people, its hard to even get one.

If Academy has a free signing...people are getting there mega early and grabbing one of their pre printed numbers they hand out, waiting about 10 minutes, taking a jacket or sweater off so they aren't recognized, and grabbing another number so they can get in line a few times. Players are steadily refusing to sign or steadily refusing to sign without personalizing. Luckily being a fan, the personalization doesn't bother me. Still others take great care to make an auto kind of crappy so that there would be no potential resell value. Not that I look to sell any of mine but it makes for a crappy piece of memorablia to own.

So unless an athlete is eating or with the family...if I have a chance I might try my luck. I'm not going to run down the street chasing them. But if I have the chance I'll ask. Its certainly a lot different than just hopping in your car and driving to the shop and buying a $150 box hoping to pull a nice auto. There is a different mentality to it and some are cut out for it and others aren't. The ones cut out for it are either the ones selling YOU your autographs you have or they are the ones who have a nice collection. The rest of you either get lucky or pay through the nose. I have personally stopped paying for mine. If I get the chance great. If not ohe well. But I will ask if given the chance.

slugger22

Mar 5, 2010
predatorkj said:
I'll have to re-read the other thread. Seems like I read it before. As far as stopping a player in traffic...it doesn't sound like they cared and it doesn't sound like he bugged them. Me and the wifey were at a game at Minute Maid one day and were told if we go stand outside of the parking garage, the athletes would stop and sign. This was from somebody working there. So we tried it and had no luck. As we are walking away I see Brad Lidge in his car at a stoplight and my Wife waved our ball at him. He called her over and talked to her for a few seconds until the light changed and signed the ball for us.

A side note:
My take...the autograph scene has gotten uglier these days. There are a lot of us who actually like to meet players we collect and like. This board is primarily card collectors , half of which seem more determined to find the next Strasburg or Harper prospect cards on the sly without anyone noticing. I don't think people will understand. And I don't expect them to. Lets just suffice it to say that obtaining an auto at games these days is almost impossible to do. We used to be able to. Last game I went to was a Rays/Astros game a week or two ago and we were 2nd in line to get in and when they opened the gates people started pushing and shoving to get in and were literally running down to the visitors side of the field lining up along the wall trying to get autos from Rays players. Its damn near impossible to even get down there now. People are getting autos and turning them on ebay right away. Even the free events are getting more limited and are getting stricter so that without the help of other people, its hard to even get one.

If Academy has a free signing...people are getting there mega early and grabbing one of their pre printed numbers they hand out, waiting about 10 minutes, taking a jacket or sweater off so they aren't recognized, and grabbing another number so they can get in line a few times. Players are steadily refusing to sign or steadily refusing to sign without personalizing. Luckily being a fan, the personalization doesn't bother me. Still others take great care to make an auto kind of crappy so that there would be no potential resell value. Not that I look to sell any of mine but it makes for a crappy piece of memorablia to own.

So unless an athlete is eating or with the family...if I have a chance I might try my luck. I'm not going to run down the street chasing them. But if I have the chance I'll ask. Its certainly a lot different than just hopping in your car and driving to the shop and buying a $150 box hoping to pull a nice auto. There is a different mentality to it and some are cut out for it and others aren't. The ones cut out for it are either the ones selling YOU your autographs you have or they are the ones who have a nice collection. The rest of you either get lucky or pay through the nose. I have personally stopped paying for mine. If I get the chance great. If not ohe well. But I will ask if given the chance.

You brought up some very good points. Sad that the auto scene has become this way.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
slugger22 said:
Sad that the auto scene has become this way.

The amount of crap I have seen could fill a book. Bad thing is...after reading some of the other thread where homeboy crashed the charity event, I still don't think that's the worst I have heard. There are people crashing funerals and all kinds of crap. Basically its gotten so crazy that its almost like no holds barred. No rules no catches. Do what you have to do to get an auto. I have some auto hound buddies I am pretty close to and they have been trying new places and ways to obtain autos. Nothing too over the line but its kinda reaching. Reaching in the fact that it seems like they go through way to much trouble to obtain autographs of even the smallest caliber type guys. I have a friend going through a divorce right this very minute because he couldn't and won't stop collecting autographs. He is trying to fix things but it can get pretty crazy. Almost like a serious addiction.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Anthony K. said:
Looks like the FCB tool box is filling right up with all the people responding in this thread about all the "jealousy" and "hate" towards "autographers".

I think you are a tool, as most do, and, anyone who agrees that what you do is fine, well, you are a tool as well.

Maybe next time you can just stop Mark Teixera while he is taking a shat and get him to sign your ball? Or, maybe when you are done blowing Jeter, he may sign a hat for you ;)

LOL

zan

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
It cracks me up when some idiot walks up to a player at a minor league game with literally like 30+ items / cards, and then they have the nerve to call the player a ****** when he won't sign them all. lol

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
I have various autograph buddies and in my opinion they have gone beyond reaching. From driving behind them to waiting for AROD, Jeter, etc...outside of there homes!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback from fellow Freedomcardboard members. It is really hard to obtain autos during games.

If anyone needs advise on how to obtain autographs at Yankee Stadium and save $$ by not buying from Steinersports, just holler at me via PM. Take care.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
jlvjr16 said:
I have various autograph buddies and in my opinion they have gone beyond reaching. From driving behind them to waiting for AROD, Jeter, etc...outside of there homes!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback from fellow Freedomcardboard members. It is really hard to obtain autos during games.

If anyone needs advise on how to obtain autographs at Yankee Stadium and save $$ by not buying from Steinersports, just holler at me via PM. Take care.

I find it odd that you say that others went too far, but you don't find yourself crashing that charity event as so. Please explain the difference.

Members online