Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Memorial IP Autograph Pickups outside Yankee Stadium

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I think anti-graphers just are an upset bunch because the majority of them dont know what they are doing....

For example, showing up at a fanfest 30 minutes before the doors open and then being shocked that 6,000 people want the same autograph that they do....

A fact is missing about the free Academy sports signings, they limit the number of tickets to 250. Its not hard to believe that 500 people want to get Jeff Bagwell's autograph. If you want a ticket, get your butt in line an hour before the signing starts. For the Chipper Jones signing, people arrived at 4 AM for an afternoon signing. Think of it the day after Thanksgiving.

Misprounouncing the players name.... Not going to help you.

If someone has 30 items and you see them, then move so you are the 1st to go and then remove yourself. Your stupid for letting them go first.

In crashing a charity event. the players could have said no....

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
19braves77 said:
I think anti-graphers just are an upset bunch because the majority of them dont know what they are doing....

For example, showing up at a fanfest 30 minutes before the doors open and then being shocked that 6,000 people want the same autograph that they do....

A fact is missing about the free Academy sports signings, they limit the number of tickets to 250. Its not hard to believe that 500 people want to get Jeff Bagwell's autograph. If you want a ticket, get your butt in line an hour before the signing starts. For the Chipper Jones signing, people arrived at 4 AM for an afternoon signing. Think of it the day after Thanksgiving.

If someone has 30 items and you see them, then move so you are the 1st to go and then remove yourself. Your stupid for letting them go first.

Never said I was anti-grapher. I'm just anti-*********...

Do you really think the players knew that he was crashing the event? And if they did know, do you think they would sign for them? Seriously doubt it.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
Ty Hope said:
19braves77 said:

Do you really think the players knew that he was crashing the event? And if they did know, do you think they would sign for them? Seriously doubt it.

U are also against getting autos after the game while players are stuck in traffic.

porcello94

Aug 9, 2009
jlvjr16 said:
Ty Hope said:
19braves77 said:

U are also against getting autos after the game while players are stuck in traffic.

Yeah... he is.

I would think 99% of the rest of the world would think it's weird, inappropriate, and borderline stalkerish to do so.

I kinda get the whole getting autos before games, maybe before they get in their cars, something like that. You don't do that though, you invade their privacy and probably make them uncomfortable.

This thread is not about graphing, it is about being ethical or not.

Answer this question: is sneaking into a charity event to not get graphs ok? MY answer is it is not, so why would sneaking in to get graphs be ok?

Also, no one is a hater or is jealous. I have school, baseball, friends, and maybe some time to prospect, why would I (or anyone else with a legitimate job/life) give two shats?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
jlvjr16 said:
Ty Hope said:
19braves77 said:

Of course I am, I'm an adult with common sense! I could understand that behavior if it was done by a 5 year old...

I'm all for getting autographs when the timing is appropriate, but seriously, is what you're doing worth looking completely pathetic for?

When I get an in person autograph, I look back on it and like to remember the moment. Do you enjoy remembering being a criminal?? Because that is what you are whether you want to admit it or not.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
rsmath said:
G $MONEY$ said:
rsmath said:
I wonder why __y-rod and fat 'bath are in such a hurry to leave into heavy traffic unless they have a business appointment.

probably for the same reasons all of us leave our jobs as soon as we can and drive into heavy traffic (rush hour). They want to get home.

I guess my 60% of the public is stupid rule strikes again!

I know when I was working for the man and currently for myself, I was in no rush to go home. I knew if I left right at 5pm, I would be home at 5:25pm. If I chilled out a few minutes at the office and left at 5:15pm, I would get home about 5:30pm because the traffic was not as congested as it was when everyone left the office buildings area at 5pm.

If you know the rush hour traffic is bad right at your go-home time, why not chill out at the office and screw around on the internet a half hour setting your fantasy lineup or reading MLB news or whatever non-**** related and go home when it's not as congested.

if everyone did this, then you would be in rush hour, but just a half hour later

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i used to do this after red sox games all the time until i started collecting cards and realized IP autos are basically worthless

as for the charity event nice job. ive never had the opportunity to do so (although i dont think id want to if i had to dress up) but i like your tenacity. well done!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Like many here, I don't 'get' the autograph thing anymore. Maybe it's because I'm a 37 year old man. . . I don't know. The only reason I even attempt to get autographs any longer is with my 9 year old son -- who enjoys meeting the players, is too embarrased/star struck to say anything, and appreciates the auto after he gets it. The only time I will ask a player for an autograph is to sign the picture I took of him and my son. I just don't have the want/desire for an autograph.

It's not like I don't have opportunities. My son goes to a private school where I regularly see Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy (and his new baby), Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, and a number of lesser name Tampa Bay Buccaneers. No Rays, but I suspect that's because few of them (other than former Ray Elijay Dukes) have kids old enough to go to school with my sons... but at almost every parent assembly/student presentation, I see 2 or 3 of the 4 named athletes above, and I have not brought Jericho's autobiography or an 8x10 of Gruden/Dungy or a football with me for a signature. I haven't asked for a photo with them. It's their private time, they're doing things for/with their kids. Just like an athlete eating, or driving home from a game, is their private time. When they're at the stadium, sure, I agree, they should sign... but beyond that, leave them alone.

As for crashing a charity gig to get autographs... You're a sad, sad, individual.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
19braves77 said:

An hour before? Ha! Try 3 or 4 hours before. That's on a good day.

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
Jeff N. said:
Like many here, I don't 'get' the autograph thing anymore. Maybe it's because I'm a 37 year old man. . . I don't know. The only reason I even attempt to get autographs any longer is with my 9 year old son -- who enjoys meeting the players, is too embarrased/star struck to say anything, and appreciates the auto after he gets it. The only time I will ask a player for an autograph is to sign the picture I took of him and my son. I just don't have the want/desire for an autograph.

It's not like I don't have opportunities. My son goes to a private school where I regularly see Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy (and his new baby), Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, and a number of lesser name Tampa Bay Buccaneers. No Rays, but I suspect that's because few of them (other than former Ray Elijay Dukes) have kids old enough to go to school with my sons... but at almost every parent assembly/student presentation, I see 2 or 3 of the 4 named athletes above, and I have not brought Jericho's autobiography or an 8x10 of Gruden/Dungy or a football with me for a signature. I haven't asked for a photo with them. It's their private time, they're doing things for/with their kids. Just like an athlete eating, or driving home from a game, is their private time. When they're at the stadium, sure, I agree, they should sign... but beyond that, leave them alone.

As for crashing a charity gig to get autographs... You're a sad, sad, individual.
Yes.
on another note, yes those autographs are very cool. Its an exspensive autograph. Put yourself in their shoes. Your driving home, listening to the stones, and over paint it black you hear "Hey, hey you stop! ::knock,knock:: can i get your autograph?" then you see the 20 ppl standing right behind him or her and next thing you know posada is honking at you to get the hell out of the way its a green light! Everybody knows you saying Juan Uribe can get you autographs but honestly nobody care im not trying to be an ******* im just saing you can say i know somebody. My good friends dad is vp of the mets i can very easily get into contact with Uribe pre game. im obviously not going to waste my time but if somebody did find out then boom your story is down the john and with it your credability.
Also, please dont tell us you robbed the Joe Torre foundation of 20k that would have went to charity, for ink! if joe torre saved your child or you then sure sneak in and give him a hug, cry on his shoulder. but for autographs! im 16 and i love getting ip autographs but i also have a sense of self-respect and care about how i look in front of others!
just my (llong) 2 cents.

Members online

No members online now.