Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My quest for '58 Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
TBTwinsFan said:
Buck15_24 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
6 more were added to the lot that I plan to purchase. This is going to be sweet!

I think I lost one I already had. Oops... gotta count them up again.

Nice job gettin 6 more! It really is going to be an awesome collection. 58 was a great set, and they are just a good looking card to me, so I think it's cool you're trying to tackle it.

Yeah! I am kinda bummed that I am missing a card, but that's ok. I moved the set around so many times that I probably mis-placed it, or just left it in the box that I took it from. It's gotta be around here somewhere.

I should be receiving a total of about 38 cards from this one purchase, including some big time cards. This will put me fairly close to the 100 mark which is where I want to be in a couple months.

Right on! Keep it going! I'm sure you'll find that missing one. I've done that a few times with my cards.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
17ROCKIES12 said:
How do you store your set?

I need to get a small box for them, but I purchase card saver 1's in lots of 10 from a guy on eBay. That's how I store them. I hate vintage in toploaders... I don't know why...

Once I get my stuff cleaned out and moved away, I may eventually switch to 1 touch's. They will go in a glass display case when I finish the set, in order, but for now they sit in a small basket on a desk.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I grabbed 2 more at the show yesterday. I should have looked for more but nobody seemed to have them. One guy had a binder of them in numerical order if I am correct. I will def. be stopping at his table next go-around.

Anyway, Larry Jackson (I may have this one, but I didn't want to pass on it just in case) and Robin Roberts (may he Rest in Peace).

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
hi,
currently i am awaiting shipment from topps of #481 Frank Malzone AS. i am clueless to the condition, that will be revealed when i receive it. i won the card in the diamond dig so let's hope its in great shape!
anyway
when i receive it i will pm you. if you want (and still need this card), i will send it to you and leave it up to you to determine a fair paypal settlement.
i received an email stating that the card had been shipped today 8/10/11 and i will post a scan when i receive.
thanks

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
pujols5hof said:
hi,
currently i am awaiting shipment from topps of #481 Frank Malzone AS. i am clueless to the condition, that will be revealed when i receive it. i won the card in the diamond dig so let's hope its in great shape!
anyway
when i receive it i will pm you. if you want (and still need this card), i will send it to you and leave it up to you to determine a fair paypal settlement.
i received an email stating that the card had been shipped today 8/10/11 and i will post a scan when i receive.
thanks

Awesome. As of right now, I do need it. I probably won't be buying too many for a little bit unless I score a really good deal on a lot that happens to have it in there.

Right now, I pay 2-3 bucks per card on eBay. They are in very low condition so that's why I get such a good deal. I will compare eBay prices once I receive your PM.

The set was moved and thrown on the couch... ::facepalm:: Then tossed into a dollhouse in another room ::facepalm:: It's my fault for leaving them out. No damage to them, but I am sure I am missing a few.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
hey,
i received my topps redemptions today. this is a scan of the card and it actually looks decent.
forget the paypal comment, i would rather get something pujols for it. got anything?

malzone58.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I haven't updated in a while. I just bought a cheap common off eBay. I have decided to start pursuing some HOFers soon. I will be at a show this weekend that should have some that I would need. I am going to keep this as my focus for now.

If anyone has any that I need, we can work something out. I would ask that if you can, you ship them to me in card saver 1s to make it a little easier on me.

I will also buy 58s of TTM signers as well if I already have them.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I am also bidding on about 18 cards that I plan to win. They are in fairly rough condition, so I am confident I can get them for a good price. They also have some dupes which I will use for ttm or my general vintage collection.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I managed to win 9 of the 18 I was bidding on. I won the lot for about a third of what I would normally pay on 9 cards. I would have won the other one but I didn't watch it at the end. The biggest name I won was Luis Aparicio (spelling?). That card is a $6-$20 card.

I have probably said this 80 times in the thread, but I will get a pic up today of what I have. I have 10 coming in

jb677c

Aug 30, 2011
Jefferson, GA
I have a few 58's... around 50ish. None are graded. Some are good, some aren't. Mostly commons but have most of the all star cards... All are scanned in my bucket.

http://www.photobucket.com/jb677c

I'm trying to move all my stuff so shoot me a pm if you are interested in the lot and we will work something out I'm sure.

PS: I know I'm new here, but I have tons of feedback on ebay:clubhousecards

1858ToppsErnieBanksAS.jpg

1958ToppsEddieMathewsAS.jpg

1958ToppsHarmonKillebrew.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I am interested, however, I would need a really good price on those. I have to pay for some stuff tonight and am trying to save money for Twins Fest so I am watching my money. I will take a look through them and let you know which ones I need.

Members online

Latest posts