Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Son Blew me away, again. 18 strikeouts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riq0422

Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles
I just wanted to share this with a few others, Last summer my played on the 11 yr old all star team and pitched a perfect game ( for little league with a mercy rule) here is an article from the local paper:
scan0001.jpg

Today was his second start of the season and he was one walk away from another perfect game! He ended up with a no hitter while striking out 18 and walking 1 in 6 innings.

I know it's just little league but I can't remember anyone doing that when I was in Little League 24 years ago

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Re: My Son Blew, me away again 18 strikeouts...

Sounds pretty damn good, is he gunna be in the LLWS?

riq0422

Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles

aw00d05 said:
Sounds pretty damn good, is he gunna be in the LLWS?

The local all star team would have to make it to that, and its way to early in the season to even think about it.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

I'll keep an eye out for his Bowman First Year or Razor card ;)

I don't think I've seen that when playing Little league, and I've also been an umpire for my local Little League since I was 15 (7ish years and counting) and have never seen it. A very nice feat for any pitcher, especially so young.

riq0422

Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles

Card Magnet said:
I'll keep an eye out for his Bowman First Year or Razor card ;)

I don't think I've seen that when playing Little league, and I've also been an umpire for my local Little League since I was 15 (7ish years and counting) and have never seen it. A very nice feat for any pitcher, especially so young.

I'll send Autographed cards from his first six seasons of baseball ( Ages 6- 12 ;) ;) )

Since I collect cards I have some made of both my boys every year.

I thought it was something pretty special, I hope he never forgets these games!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I understand a father's pride. My son just turned 8 and has had a few good pitching performances -- since he's so young, he's limited to 40 pitches. On Saturday, he faced 7 batters, struck out 4, had a coach strike out a 5th (after 5 pitches the player gets yanked and the coach pitches... he had a 2-2 ct with a foul off; coach came in for strike 3), one kid made contact and popped to the 1st baseman, and one kid got a hit b/c our short stop didn't field the ball cleanly and make a good throw in time.

Your son has a great baseball name, too...

riq0422

Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Jeff N. said:
I understand a father's pride. My son just turned 8 and has had a few good pitching performances -- since he's so young, he's limited to 40 pitches. On Saturday, he faced 7 batters, struck out 4, had a coach strike out a 5th (after 5 pitches the player gets yanked and the coach pitches... he had a 2-2 ct with a foul off; coach came in for strike 3), one kid made contact and popped to the 1st baseman, and one kid got a hit b/c our short stop didn't field the ball cleanly and make a good throw in time.

Your son has a great baseball name, too...

Isn't it a great feeling when the have that huge smile on their face from the pride of the accomplishment,the fact that I'm still the only pitching coach he has ever had feels pretty good too.

Rudzud said:
cool last name.

Yea, they sure did a good job using it in the headline last summer. He is my stepson so we don't share the same last name.

aminors said:
I want
his rookie card.
Seriously though, great accomplishments by your son, congrats!

Anthony

My son and I thank you for your comments.

notjomommasclint said:
that is awesome... heres to his continued success!

strikemeoutidareyou said:
Wow....amazing! Congratulations!!

Thanks Guys.

laroche17

Mar 17, 2009
I did this when i was in little league at about the same age my fastball blew everyone away and no one could catch up but after a few years my arm strength stayed the same and didnt get a whole lot better so in high school i was an average pitcher.. my advice is keep him playing and have him keep throwing to build his arm strength. he has a talent that alot of kids dont have dont let it go to waste.. Conrats on the pitching preformances by the way thats amazing!

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
That's something else! :shock: I can only imagine how proud you are of him (especially since I read you are his pitching coach also- sweet)!

How about telling your boy to name his out-pitch "Goodbye" :lol: The anouncer's can have fun with that later on in life (if he keeps pitching)...

"Kevin Hello winds up, lets 'er loose, & the batter goes down looking....Kevin Hello says Goodbye to yet another batter" :lol:

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
laroche17 said:
I did this when i was in little league at about the same age my fastball blew everyone away and no one could catch up but after a few years my arm strength stayed the same and didnt get a whole lot better so in high school i was an average pitcher.. my advice is keep him playing and have him keep throwing to build his arm strength. he has a talent that alot of kids dont have dont let it go to waste.. Conrats on the pitching preformances by the way thats amazing!

couldnt have said it better myself, i was the pitcher that all the fellow little leaguers feared as well haha, got into highschool and pitched varsity as a freshman and even the regional championship game....but i didnt work on my arm strength and ended up hurting it while bench pressing for a weightlifting meet and as the story goes......it was never the same :(

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Greatest thing about this thread is the pride you have for him. It comes across in your post and you deserve compliments for being a better stepparent than 95% of birth parents.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
"I just went out there and threw only fastballs" said Hello.

Sounds like someone is taking the smart route to arm development.

Great story; keep us posted on his progress, ok?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
That is awesome! I know everybody else already said the thing about the last name a bunch of times, but... what a great jersey that will make! And oh the headlines... the possibilities are endless. :D

riq0422

Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles
laroche17 said:

I hope doing that is something you'll never forget!

LLWesMan said:
I remember throwing a combined no hitter when I was 12, one of my teammates and I split each game 3 innings each - I had 9 k's he had 8 so 17 k's in 6 innings.

Oh yeah and we lost 2-0.

Too bad you lost, Great performance.

HoustonTeams4Me said:
That's something else! :shock: I can only imagine how proud you are of him (especially since I read you are his pitching coach also- sweet)!

How about telling your boy to name his out-pitch "Goodbye" :lol: The anouncer's can have fun with that later on in life (if he keeps pitching)...

"Kevin Hello winds up, lets 'er loose, & the batter goes down looking....Kevin Hello says Goodbye to yet another batter" :lol:

The possibilities with his last name are endless! i should have a contest to see who could come up with the best newspaper headline!

Sorry to hear that, the 2 main things I work on with him are arm strength and mechanics the next is accuracy.

[quote="Brewer Andy]Greatest thing about this thread is the pride you have for him. It comes across in your post and you deserve compliments for being a better stepparent than 95% of birth parents.

I appreciate the comment, I never call him my stepson he is just my son, he has been in my life since he was 3 and deserves and gets as much love and admiration as my biological son.

ChadHenne said:
Wow man! That's very cook. Good luck to your son in the future!
Thank you

Moonlight Graham said:
"I just went out there and threw only fastballs" said Hello.

Sounds like someone is taking the smart route to arm development.

Great story; keep us posted on his progress, ok?

I'll let you know how the season goes thanks for the interest

RL24 said:
That is awesome! I know everybody else already said the thing about the last name a bunch of times, but... what a great jersey that will make! And oh the headlines... the possibilities are endless. :D

Thanks for comments

Sorry for the long post i just wanted to respond to all the comments

Members online

Latest posts