Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

National Pick-Ups (or what you can get searching a $1 box)..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Figured I had the chance to go to the National (just one day) so I'd show the football stuff I picked up. Went with $200......ended up spending like $340 since a wax dealer took debit cards, but such is life lol. So anyways here is what I was able to get football-wise.

Broke a box of 2011 Score - it was $22 bucks or something, I really didn't get anything of note, but figured I'd mention it in case anyone was looking for anything. Also picked up 2 Topps jumbo packs - thought I had nothing there as well, but then realized I had the Brady variant (already sold that on Ebay).

Picked up this 8x10 for $15

ricky.jpg

Then on to the bargain Bin cards......wish I had the patience to sort through more bins, but I was lucky to come across one dealer who had a ton of boxes with $1 cards, went through all those and found some PC stuff. Probably nothing amazing (though I was happy to find the Davis), but you can't beat $1. Other than the couple cards with price tags everything was from that dealer and a $1.

nscc.jpg
nscc2.jpg
uconnnscc.jpg

So that's it for my football stuff. First card show I went to.......and now I can't wait to go to another one. :lol: Thanks for looking.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
That is the only OTHER Orvlovsky PC auto I've ever seen posted here.

Still a believer! :lol:

and Man, $1 boxes are fun... :D

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:
That is the only OTHER Orvlovsky PC auto I've ever seen posted here.

Still a believer! :lol:

and Man, $1 boxes are fun... :D

Yup, Manning better watch his back.....Dan is taking his job. :lol:

The dealer I bought that card from must have sunk a bunch of money in Orlovsky, or bought out someone else who did, because there were a ton of his cards in his box and multiples of a lot of them. I only picked up the one since I already had a couple of his auto's....I figured the Contenders was a good one to go with, as most of the others were lower-end stuff.

It also seemed being a Dolphins fan was a good thing when it came to the bargain boxes....I couldn't find one Red Sox card in those boxes for my PC, but the Dolphins cards kept popping up. Or maybe that should make me sad. :lol:

aric

Apr 29, 2009
Ah, the bargain boxes....some unbelievable cards are waiting to be discovered or rediscovered. All it takes is time, a knowledge of what you're looking for and, of course, a strong back.

I stuck to the quarter boxes at the national. I probably looked through 12-15 monster boxes and there were as least that many more just at the two dealers I bargain hunted at. I went on saturday so these boxes had even already been picked over. Here's what i came home with.

DSC03053.jpg

I picked up a lot of colored refractors and serial numbered stuff that will be going to COMC.

Here's the best of what I found, these will be listed on ebay. Keep in mind, these were all twenty-five cents each.

09_magic_robinson.jpg
Jackie Robinson Topps Magic SP, should net about $5

98_contenders_aikman.jpg
1998 Contenders Leather Aikman, should net $2

97_edge_duncan.jpg
1997 Edge Impulse Die-Cut Tim Duncan, should net about $4

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Good stuff aric.

I really didn't pick through the .25 type boxes, but I wish I did now. I'm sure there were lots of hidden gems in those.
It was fun, but after a few hours walking around and a few hours sorting through boxes I was pretty spent.....or at least spent mentally......I think part of that was the fact that I was over-stimulated. I was having a hard time concentrating. :lol:

Seahawks4ever - There was a ton of vintage. Lots of guys with over-priced stuff, but there also were quite a few tables with the cheaper stuff and boxes upon boxes of rc's/inserts under $1 if you wanted to sort through. That made me happy, because I want anything Dolphins and like I said didn't have a ton of cash, so finding those $1 auto's and Gu'd cards was like gold and exactly what I was hoping for.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
rymflaherty said:
Good stuff aric.

I really didn't pick through the .25 type boxes, but I wish I did now. I'm sure there were lots of hidden gems in those.
It was fun, but after a few hours walking around and a few hours sorting through boxes I was pretty spent.....or at least spent mentally......I think part of that was the fact that I was over-stimulated. I was having a hard time concentrating. :lol:

Seahawks4ever - There was a ton of vintage. Lots of guys with over-priced stuff, but there also were quite a few tables with the cheaper stuff and boxes upon boxes of rc's/inserts under $1 if you wanted to sort through. That made me happy, because I want anything Dolphins and like I said didn't have a ton of cash, so finding those $1 auto's and Gu'd cards was like gold and exactly what I was hoping for.

definitely not big on the vintage, especially since the Seahawks aren't that old :lol: but I love going through boxes finding gems (IMO) that others don't want. Since you just went, let me ask you something: I live in Washington state so I would have to buy a plane ticket, hotel, etc to go to the Nationals. Do you think it is worth it?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
seahawks4ever said:
definitely not big on the vintage, especially since the Seahawks aren't that old :lol: but I love going through boxes finding gems (IMO) that others don't want. Since you just went, let me ask you something: I live in Washington state so I would have to buy a plane ticket, hotel, etc to go to the Nationals. Do you think it is worth it?

I too am not big on BUYING vintage, but I love looking at. :lol:

As for the trip, I'd say Baltimore/Annapolis is good for two or Maybe? three days of touristy stuff. But Washington is less than an hour away and Philly is less than 2 hours away, so if there's anything you wanna see in either of those, I say it'd be worth it. Add another two hours to NY from Philly and maybe that makes it better too...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts