Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NEED HELP ON THIS BABE RUTH AUTOGRAPHED BASEBALL PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
jbone17 said:
nyc3 said:
Bill harris debuted in 1958
Babe died in 1948

Great story, too bad its just that. A not very well thought out story :lol:

Thats what I said! :lol:

I didnt see it, I started posting walked away from the computer for a few minutes and when I got back pressed submit.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
scotty21690 said:
Pass.

Never purchase a non-authenticated Ruth autograph. End of story.

Paid a shade over $1K unauthenticated.
Risky ;)

Do you have a pic of that one, George? I doubt it's as bad as the one linked on this thread...

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
nyc3 said:
jbone17 said:
nyc3 said:
Bill harris debuted in 1958
Babe died in 1948

Great story, too bad its just that. A not very well thought out story :lol:

Thats what I said! :lol:

I didnt see it, I started posting walked away from the computer for a few minutes and when I got back pressed submit.

I didnt really get the whole story but it was never stated that he got it in person just that he was a collector i guess and obtained many pieces of memorabilia and other stuff with his connections, which by the looks of it are all probably fake and she came up with one great story..... :cool: thanks for the help ill let him know.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Bill Harris was 16 years old and living in Canada when Babe Ruth passed away, not to mention he only pitched in 2 MLB games/8 innings... and this was nearly 10 years after Ruth passed.
Sounds like he may have forged it as a kid, as it looks like a kids work at best

bad autograph, not even close...

PS. Even many of the $25K+ PSA/DNA sigs are counterfeit
good read if you think otherwise
http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=10406

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
That is not Ruth's signature. It's so bold and single signed if it was real it'd be worth a ton of money, but it isn't.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
fkw said:
Bill Harris was 16 years old and living in Canada when Babe Ruth passed away, not to mention he only pitched in 2 MLB games/8 innings... and this was nearly 10 years after Ruth passed.
Sounds like he may have forged it as a kid, as it looks like a kids work at best

yeah, and that guy has absolutely no agenda

/sarcasm

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
fkw said:

She never said he got it in person she said thats who she got it from..........................................

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
I wasnt thinking he got it in person either, I was basically kidding.

the "kid doing it opinion" is prob true, no one would cross an "h", or if you want to call it a "t" then its "Rutn" lol ;)

Most players who have the opportunity to get an autograph of a former famous player (ie Ruth) actually get the chance to meet the older player because he is a (current) player (ie clubhouse visit, spring training visit, throwing out 1st pitch, coach, etc.).
That couldnt be the case with Harris and Ruth, they are off by 10 years..... that was the point I was making.

I really dont think Harris had that ball in his collection, but you never know... I think its all a made up story to try to con someone into buying a bad Ruth sig. Like others said that ball is not even from the Era that Ruth lived, but the sig fails so no need to go to the next step (ball age).

you did good by showing it here....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts