Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

need some opinions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
well i had decided it was time to sell off almost my entire baseball rookie collection. I sold all my vintage rookies and a lot of my high dollar non rookie vintage cards and i am pretty happy with the prices they all sold for. so I was thinking of purchasing one or two really good cards to hold onto for the future but not sure what I should get I was thinking of a Pujols rookie auto or maybe a jeter auto any opinions will be appreciated thanks.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
rum151man said:
i am just really worried cause i know there are a ton of fake pujols autos out there like for instance does this one look like a fake???

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-Fleer-Legacy-A ... 20b1c6f79b

That is as fake as they come. Stay far far away from any 2001 Fleer Legacy Pujols autos.

I always loved the 2002 Bowman Heritage Pujols auto. Even though it's a 2nd year card, it's an on-card auto and can be had for around $250.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
brouthercard said:
What price range are you looking at?

well i made about 2500 on my cards
maybe looking at spending 500-1000 on a couple nice cards for long term investment

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
rum151man said:
brouthercard said:
What price range are you looking at?

well i made about 2500 on my cards
maybe looking at spending 500-1000 on a couple nice cards for long term investment

Maybe an spx pujols auto or a justin upton or evan longoria bowman chrome gold auto.

Also, Tiger Woods stuff may not be a bad investment right now for the long term.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
If you're actually investing, don't touch anything made in the last 50 years. Invest in graded pre-war superstars. There will always be a market for those.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
I'd find a nice Pujols auto (01 SP Authentic Chirography is a beauty) and a nice Koufax Auto and you'd be set. Neither will ever go down in value.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
miguelcabrera said:
r u colleckting or investing

both i guess. i just had to sell my rookie collection due to hard times but i still wanted to get a couple really good cards that i can hold onto.

Members online

Latest posts