Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NL ROY

ROY

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
RANGERS25 said:
remember that playoffs have big roles in the part of winning awards and i think that will be enough of a boost to put heyward over the stop. that is if they are in the playoffs which it looks like they will. posey has been playing well but you have to remember that heyward is the one that started the season with all the hype and the homerun in the first at bat and that kind of drama is fresh in the minds of the voters or it becomes fresh when they play hhighlights of all the rookies of the season. they always start it off with heyward and the drama that he brought to opening day!!!!

I thought they voted before the playoffs, no?

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009
Canocollector#1 said:
RANGERS25 said:
remember that playoffs have big roles in the part of winning awards and i think that will be enough of a boost to put heyward over the stop. that is if they are in the playoffs which it looks like they will. posey has been playing well but you have to remember that heyward is the one that started the season with all the hype and the homerun in the first at bat and that kind of drama is fresh in the minds of the voters or it becomes fresh when they play hhighlights of all the rookies of the season. they always start it off with heyward and the drama that he brought to opening day!!!!

I thought they voted before the playoffs, no?
im just saying the fact that heyward is playing for a real contender right now will play in his favor. other guys are on the bubble when it comes to their teams making the playoffs and i think that really plays a part

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
The playoffs have no impact on these awards.

My vote goes to Jamie Garcia

RANGERS25 said:
remember that playoffs have big roles in the part of winning awards and i think that will be enough of a boost to put heyward over the top. that is if they are in the playoffs which it looks like they will. posey has been playing well but you have to remember that heyward is the one that started the season with all the hype and the homerun in the first at bat and that kind of drama is fresh in the minds of the voters or it becomes fresh when they play hhighlights of all the rookies of the season. they always start it off with heyward and the drama that he brought to opening day!!!!

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009
Huffamaniac said:
The playoffs have no impact on these awards.

My vote goes to Jamie Garcia

RANGERS25 said:
remember that playoffs have big roles in the part of winning awards and i think that will be enough of a boost to put heyward over the top. that is if they are in the playoffs which it looks like they will. posey has been playing well but you have to remember that heyward is the one that started the season with all the hype and the homerun in the first at bat and that kind of drama is fresh in the minds of the voters or it becomes fresh when they play hhighlights of all the rookies of the season. they always start it off with heyward and the drama that he brought to opening day!!!!

you would think that but it seems to work out that way every year. im just saying thats how i see it. is it like that, who knows, thats just my opinion. posey, dadvis, heyward, and a few others could win the award and be deserving of it.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
It's posey's to lose. Best consistant hitter on the Giants, contending team. Highest average of rookies with enough at bats, and far higher than Heywards and has 9 or 10 HR as a catcher. And as a rookie catcher he had to adjust and call the games for that all star rotation.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
darocker80 said:
It's posey's to lose. Best consistant hitter on the Giants, contending team. Highest average of rookies with enough at bats, and far higher than Heywards and has 9 or 10 HR as a catcher. And as a rookie catcher he had to adjust and call the games for that all star rotation.

Well, he has 5 HR as a catcher.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Brett Keith said:
darocker80 said:

So...not his fault he was blocked at catcher at the time. They actually moved there vet catcher so posey can play catcher. They put him at 1B for at bats. Its what he does at the plate and the fact he is behind the dish that counts.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
I think Jonny Venters should crack the top 5 - obviously not a serious contender to win as a non-closing reliever, but still deserves some recognition for an absolutely filthy season

4-1, 59 Games, 64.2 Innings, 1.25 ERA, 40 hits, 9 ER, 1 HR, 28 Walks, 69 Ks, 1.052 WHIP

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
darocker80 said:
Brett Keith said:
darocker80 said:

So...not his fault he was blocked at catcher at the time. They actually moved there vet catcher so posey can play catcher. They put him at 1B for at bats. Its what he does at the plate and the fact he is behind the dish that counts.

Wasn't even trying to knock him, just pointing out a fact, but you did make it a point to stress his production AS a catcher.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Brett Keith said:
darocker80 said:
[quote="Brett Keith":35x0anf2]
darocker80 said:

Wasn't even trying to knock him, just pointing out a fact, but you did make it a point to stress his production AS a catcher.[/quote:35x0anf2]
Sorry, the fact that he is a catcher.

Jan 15, 2009
Seiya said:
Posey fo sho, but if Latos had not pitched an extra 2/3 of an inning last year he would have run away with it.
Same with Sandoval last year...I hate that rule, but this year I might like it haha

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I hope Buster wins. But that's not to say any of those guys aren't deserving either. I wouldn't be that upset if Heyward or Jaime Garcia win.

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
It should be Heyward. He plays on a great team, and has been a great player this season...Plus if he finishes the year like he has been hitting lately he will win it for sure.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I think that it will finish like this...

1. Buster Posey
2. Jaime Garcia
3. Jason Heyward
4. Starlin Castro.

Anyone who thinks that Stanton will win is NUTS. I will gladly bet anyone that wants that Starlin Castro finishes AHEAD of Mike Stanton in the voting. No doubt about it in my eyes.

skrip

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I knew he was having a great season but I did not realize Garcia's pitching stats were that good :shock:

Members online