Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NL ROY

ROY

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
chippernate said:
Heyward tried to play injured and his BA took a huge drop because he couldnt get around on the ball fast enough. he missed about 3 or 4 weeks of the season, if he had been healthy, he would have higher numbers

Ummmm.... No. Heyward's average took a crap because he tried to hit every single curve ball in the dirt he saw for about 2 months. His hurt wrist/hand had nothing to do with his complete inability to hold off on every curve ball in the dirt.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
IMO it's a close race between Posey and Garcia. Garcia is clearly the best rookie pitcher and his numbers are great. Posey is the best rookie hitter and I give him the edge over Garcia. Especially if he's still flirting with a .350 BA.

Nov 6, 2009
Texas
After a 4 for 6 night and GW RBI, here's Chris Johnson's stats:

Games: 60
AB: 215
Hits: 25
Total Bases: 73
2B: 14
3B: 2
HR: 6
RBI: 36
BB: 10
IBB: 2
SO: 50
SB: 2
CS: 0
AVG: .340
OBP: .367
SLG: .507
OPS: .874
GO/AO: 1.00

And you guys still don't want to give him any respect? I think he deserves to be in the conversation with Posey.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
HoustonCollector said:

And you guys still don't want to give him any respect? I think he deserves to be in the conversation with Posey.
I think he's a talented rookie and deserves some ROY votes, but I still think its posey's to lose. Not sure its as close as you think, but Chris Johnson is up there. There are other good offensive rookies like Colvin and Sanchez, but posey is a catcher and is up there as well :p

Oh and i know he won't be in the top 5, but bumgarner has been having a GREAT rookie season.

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009
darocker80 said:
HoustonCollector said:

I think he's a talented rookie and deserves some ROY votes, but I still think its posey's to lose. Not sure its as close as you think, but Chris Johnson is up there. There are other good offensive rookies like Colvin and Sanchez, but posey is a catcher and is up there as well :p

Oh and i know he won't be in the top 5, but bumgarner has been having a GREAT rookie season.

funny that you are voting all giants. hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonCollector said:

While he may deserve SOME cosideration, one thing will hurt him...

...at the end of the season, he will have still played less than 100 games this year. Outside of Ryan Howard (at quick glance) no one has won the ROY in the past 30+ years when playing less than 100 games. And Howard won it because there were hardly any other contenders that year, and he hit 22 HR's in 88 games. While he's putting up good numbers, I think more consideration will be given to players who've been doing it longer this season (ie. Heyward, Posey).

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
RANGERS25 said:
darocker80 said:
HoustonCollector said:

funny that you are voting all giants. hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ha....ha...i said he's not gonna get any votes, and i'm not voting for bumgarner at all, but since everyone been saying players should get some recognition or having a good year why not throw out bumgarner who in other years would have a legit chance. I never said i voted or think he deserves it over any of the players mentioned in this thread...

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009
its cool man, i just thought it was cool. i think its more wide open than people think because so many great rookies have made a name for themselves early.

Jan 15, 2009
Last stats:

ROY
Buster Posey 45% [ 41 ]
Jaime Garcia 24% [ 22 ]
Jason Heyward 28% [ 26 ]
Mike Stanton 3% [ 3 ]
Total votes : 92

Starting the poll again.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
While he hasn't been around long enough to get serious consideration for ROY, Logan Morrison has been a tremendous addition for the Marlins, making an immediate impact. He currently is tied for the longest on-base streak in the Majors this year at 42 games (could take sole possession by getting on base tonight).

Looks like Posey will win the award. I put money on Jason Heyward and Mike Stanton to be the best two players from this rookie class in the long run though.

Jan 15, 2009
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
While he hasn't been around long enough to get serious consideration for ROY, Logan Morrison has been a tremendous addition for the Marlins, making an immediate impact. He currently is tied for the longest on-base streak in the Majors this year at 42 games (could take sole possession by getting on base tonight).

Looks like Posey will win the award. I put money on Jason Heyward and Mike Stanton to be the best two players from this rookie class in the long run though.
I was considering LoMo, but he hasn't been around for long enough. What he has done is mighty impressive though, I have a feeling Posey would challenge Stanton and Heyward as the 2 best players in the long run as he is a catcher and would be more valuable than an outfielder.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Yes I'm a homer but I just don't see how it's not Posey. He doesn't hit that many HR but I have yet to seem him look bad at the plate. Heyward swings at every curve ball in the dirt. Posey is a better defensive catcher than Heyward is an outfielder.

Members online

Latest posts