Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NL ROY

ROY

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 15, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
Yes I'm a homer but I just don't see how it's not Posey. He doesn't hit that many HR but I have yet to seem him look bad at the plate. Heyward swings at every curve ball in the dirt. Posey is a better defensive catcher than Heyward is an outfielder.
Plus Posey is catching an elite crop of pitchers, Heyward is chilling his ass out in the OF.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
GiantsSuperCollector said:
kdailey4315 said:
Yes I'm a homer but I just don't see how it's not Posey. He doesn't hit that many HR but I have yet to seem him look bad at the plate. Heyward swings at every curve ball in the dirt. Posey is a better defensive catcher than Heyward is an outfielder.
Plus Posey is catching an elite crop of pitchers, Heyward is chilling his ass out in the OF.

Yep. Hasn't Garcia been shut down for the year already? The Marlins are basically irrelevant outside of Florida so I don't see Stanton getting that many votes.

Jan 15, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
kdailey4315 said:

Yep. Hasn't Garcia been shut down for the year already? The Marlins are basically irrelevant outside of Florida so I don't see Stanton getting that many votes.
Yup, so it is between Heyward and Posey basically.

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
Posey IMO is the NL ROY hands down, since it based on production and not ceiling. If it were based on ceiling I would give it to Stanton :D

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
MichaelStanton2010 said:
Posey IMO is the NL ROY hands down, since it based on production and not ceiling. If it were based on ceiling I would give it to Stanton :D

I'd rather have a catcher hitting 330 with a potential of 20HR in Pac Bell than an OF hitting 260-280 with 35 HR.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
MichaelStanton2010 said:

I'd rather have a catcher hitting 330 with a potential of 20HR in Pac Bell than an OF hitting 260-280 with 35 HR.
Of course you would.....you are a Giants fan.

Jan 15, 2009
scotty21690 said:
kdailey4315 said:
MichaelStanton2010 said:

Most people would, there are 3 outfielders and an abundance of good hitting ones, whereas there are few good hitting catchers with amazing defense!

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
kdailey4315 said:
MichaelStanton2010 said:

So you are projecting Stanton to be a perrenial 35 HR a year hitter? I am thinking 50+ after next year. He is only 20 years old and just getting his feet wet. Posey has the better game right now...I say give Stanton a year.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
kdailey4315 said:
MichaelStanton2010 said:

Most people would, there are 3 outfielders and an abundance of good hitting ones, whereas there are few good hitting catchers with amazing defense!
I would much rather have the 35+ homerun hitter on the Red Sox this year, lol.

Not to mention the pontential runs created by Stanton if he does indeed live up to his ceiling. I just don't see Posey hitting .330 year in and year out...

ozzie's translator

Aug 10, 2008
U.S. Cellular field
kdailey4315 said:
IMO it's a close race between Posey and Garcia. Garcia is clearly the best rookie pitcher and his numbers are great. Posey is the best rookie hitter and I give him the edge over Garcia. Especially if he's still flirting with a .350 BA.
I like Daniel Hudson as best rookie pitcher, but it is all Posey.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
scotty21690 said:
scotty21690 said:
kdailey4315 said:
MichaelStanton2010 said:

I would much rather have the 35+ homerun hitter on the Red Sox this year, lol.

Not to mention the pontential runs created by Stanton if he does indeed live up to his ceiling. I just don't see Posey hitting .330 year in and year out...

Honestly not being a homer here but have you actually seen Buster Posey hit? What about that swing makes you think he can't hit 330 a year? Is it the toll of playing catcher? His swing is almost exactly like Jeter's.
Disclaimer for the haters: No I'm not comparing Posey to Jeter. I'm just saying that his swing is eerily similar to Jeter's.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
jgro85 said:
I really don't understand how Garcia isn't getting as much love though. Sub 3 era all year. That's almost Cy Young material.

He was shutdown a few weeks ago. Not a big enough sample size. He probably doesn't have enough innings to be eligible for the Cy Young.

jgro85

Mar 15, 2010
Long Beach, CA
kdailey4315 said:
jgro85 said:
I really don't understand how Garcia isn't getting as much love though. Sub 3 era all year. That's almost Cy Young material.

He was shutdown a few weeks ago. Not a big enough sample size. He probably doesn't have enough innings to be eligible for the Cy Young.

He does. And he has 28 starts...the leader only has 33. So not a huge difference.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
jgro85 said:
kdailey4315 said:
jgro85 said:

He does. And he has 28 starts...the leader only has 33. So not a huge difference.
he doesn't go deep into starts like 5-6ip

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
darocker80 said:
jgro85 said:
kdailey4315 said:
jgro85 said:

he doesn't go deep into starts like 5-6ip

No one cares. Andrew Bailey won ROY as a closer last year pitching 1 inning.

If a pitcher gives up 0 runs all season long but only pitches 5-6 innings each game, does he not deserve the Cy Young with a 0.00 ERA in 175 innings pitched? Of course he does. Number of innings is completely irrelevant as long as the pitcher meets the required amount to qualify to lead the league in statistical categories.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts