Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Not Very Happy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 15, 2009
darocker80 said:
GiantsSuperCollector said:
As a replacement he said I have to try making ipod touch apps or spend all my time working out. No my grades are straight A's. He only likes me playing sports.
I work out a lot, play basketball and do track and field. I hang with friends and party and look how many posts I have on FCB. I also have pretty good grades and hopefully going to college in 2010. I think its something unique that not many people do now adays (I know a lot people online do it, but how many friends of yours are REALLY into cards). If anything it can be something you write about for college. But it is your dad's decision and I hope for the best.

Keep your best 10 cards under your bed/

-KJ
Around 3-5 of my friends are REALLY into cards the rest are just interested in the shiny ones, lol.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
my dad thought it was stupid but didn't care as long as it didn't interfere with anything i was already doing (good grades, working out, being with friends, varsity baseball)

Jan 15, 2009
Philip J. Fry said:
As a replacement he said I have to try making ipod touch apps or spend all my time working out. No my grades are straight A's. He only likes me playing sports.

That might be one of the smartest parents I know. Do you realize that if you create a semi-useful app for the iPhone/iPod touch and sell it for $.99, you could make a killing in the first few weeks it's released. Multiply that by a few apps and you could put yourself through college with that money. Do a search for reports on this and see for yourself what I mean.

Sorry to hear though about sports cards.
That is what he is thinking of.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Philip J. Fry said:

That might be one of the smartest parents I know. Do you realize that if you create a semi-useful app for the iPhone/iPod touch and sell it for $.99, you could make a killing in the first few weeks it's released. Multiply that by a few apps and you could put yourself through college with that money. Do a search for reports on this and see for yourself what I mean.

wheres the FCB app?

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Philip J. Fry said:

It's sad to think about but in the long run, say you create 5 apps at a price of $.99/each. take off the 30% Apple requires for hosting and fees, multiply by a few thousand (say, 2500 as an example). That's (5 x $.69) x 2500 = $8625 profit. And I'm sure you could get way more than 2500 downloads in a month.

Damn, I need to start a company lol.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
ThoseBackPages said:
Philip J. Fry said:

wheres the FCB app?

The same place common sense is at Apple.
:twisted:

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I don't see the harm in collecting cards but I'm not his father. To those who insulted his father and such - that is very immature.

Have you asked your father why he doesn't support your hobby? There are many worse things that kids could be doing than collecting cards.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Honestly, as long as I maintain the 4.0, workout everyday, and my baseball performance doesnt suffer. Then my parents don't care if I do stuff with cards. Its actually kind of a nice relaxing thing to do.

Best of luck to you.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
ffgameman said:
I don't see the harm in collecting cards but I'm not his father. To those who insulted his father and such - that is very immature.

Have you asked your father why he doesn't support your hobby? There are many worse things that kids could be doing than collecting cards.
Collecting Magic Cards haha.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
My mom did that to me when I was in HS. She was upset that I was spending money on cardboard instead of saving it. Sure, every parent is like that in some way, so I shrugged it off and listened a little. I saved money but still spent some on cards. She was mad but my aunt told her that at least she knew where my money was going and that it could be worse, like me getting involved in drugs. Ever since then, I've learned to like my aunt because my mom finally quit bringing the subject up.

I would see about compromising, since you're getting straight A's it's not like you have to improve in that area.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, that's horrible.

There's so many other things you could be doing. You could be on the streets, selling drugs, etc. He should be happy you collect cards, as there are many worse alternatives.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Philip J. Fry said:
[quote="Philip J. Fry":3omatmlp]

It's sad to think about but in the long run, say you create 5 apps at a price of $.99/each. take off the 30% Apple requires for hosting and fees, multiply by a few thousand (say, 2500 as an example). That's (5 x $.69) x 2500 = $8625 profit. And I'm sure you could get way more than 2500 downloads in a month.

Damn, I need to start a company lol.[/quote:3omatmlp]

Haha, I was having the same thoughts. I have a decent idea too. I need to figure out this app making process. :lol:

The iPhone is the sweetest thing to come out tech wise in a while. The potential is pretty much unlimited with apps. I used to be anti cell phone. But since getting one, I'm all about it. At least the computer part. The talking is still meh.

Jan 15, 2009
darocker80 said:
how the heck do you program apps? i'd be so lost haha
I am, I was gonna make a Yankees app but I can't figure out how to do it. In reply to the question to my dad's hobby, he doesn't have one he is working 24/7.

Members online

Latest posts