Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Hockey Pickup Thread - July 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Da_Fish

Mar 27, 2010
I figured I would get one of these started this month.

A friend of mine wanted to sell some of his stuff so he could pay for his cruise he is taking. Originally, I was only going to get the GU St Patrick's Day jersey.....the next thing you know my vehichle is loaded up with stuff.

Let's start with a couple of cards:
scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

027.jpg

There are more of the 1st year jersey cards not in the frame
010.jpg
011.jpg
012.jpg
009.jpg
John Curry GU stick
008.jpg
Ty Conklin GU stick
007.jpg

Didn't take pics of everything...have 3 or 4 more team signed jerseys, team signed helmet, tons of cards, bobbleheads, all of the WBS Pens team sets (99/00-09/10), and a bunch of autographed lineup cards.....also got a Polamalu Contenders rookie auto...I know, not hockey, but I really dig this card.

To top it off, I opened the new boxing and pulled an Ali auto....woot

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

holy crap Troy. I don't even know where to begin with how awesome that all is. the Lemieux/Jagr probably should be my favorite but I think all the WBS GU sets are amazing. the Conklin stick is incredible too. congrats on pulling the Ali auto as well.

Da_Fish

Mar 27, 2010
Thanks Dave!! I thought you might like the stuff....I actually needed the 1st year jersey set.....my favorite (I think) is the Toby Petersen GU jersey since he was one of my favorite AHL Penguins over the years. The original owner of the jersey paid 600+ for it. For some reason, Wilkes Barre fans paid/pay crazy money for jerseys. I remember losing out on a Dennis Bonvie jersey one year, and I bid over $2000!!! I was crazy....and drunk!!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I certainly didn't leave the kudos out on the GU jersey on purpose :oops: it's a gorgeous addition to your amazing collection Troy. you are right about the WBS GU jerseys going extremely high. I have an eBay saved search for WBS Penguins and always follow the GU jersey auctions just to see how high they end. great haul once again Troy.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
gonzagacubs said:
Can't wait to get this in. First Multi-Colored Patch of his from this set I have seen on eBay.

!BwzD2ZQEGk~$(KGrHqJ,!ioEv1+0Fjq,BMKnsLvkjQ~~_35.jpg

very nice. This year's Future watch auto/patches are top notch as usual.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Gotta love early afternoon ending auctions. Got my first Hanson Ultimate Collection card for a whopping $3.49! Should have some more soon....stay tuned!

!B)()By!BWk~$(KGrHqIOKk!EwR,phjDzBMNMBG5(mw~~_35.jpg

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Sorry Dave, sounds like a rough night for the MAF collection. I bet you are able to pick them up cheaper another time. I like the one you got though. Good design on that card.

Not this exact one, but I got one of these. 2 for 2 on Hanson Ultimate pickups so far, with another one ending tomorrow night that I really hope I am able to win.

!B)U0h-wCGk~$(KGrHqIOKj4Ewg)g9yY7BMM9oJHDv!~~_35.jpg

stu

Jan 24, 2010
Opened two packsof Be A Player at the LCS on the way home. Very pleased. 15/15
Myers.jpg

Members online

Latest posts