Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (01 UD MVP Batting Glove 6 card lot)-----------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

devin: On one hand, it's not about values. On the other hand, everyone involved needs to be honest with themselves. We all love getting free stuff - but everyone needs to be considerate of the person that follows. I know the Aaron card is GREAT, but - if you have to DIG for something to replace it with... just for the sake of getting the Aaron... then maybe it's for the better to let someone else take it.

I, for one, don't think you need to pass on the card. Keyser, however, technically spoke for it first - though he was kind enough to concede.

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
i already told him to go with the other guy for the aaron it was either that or put something better up but as i have said i dont have alot of stuff that isnt twins or morneau that would even touch an aaron

just heard back from the op
he said not to worry about it and that the doerr is still up for grabs

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (Card Posted)-----------

Missed the start last night and WOW that's a sick card, well done and congrats to the taker... I've got a few cards to give away

As for the drama within the first page of the thread... Not surprised

In my opinion, post a card, don't worry about value, etc. don't take a card unless you want it in your PC and don't worry about equal value... if you are NOT a gentleman, don't be in a gentleman's thread

Also, if you post a card, say the phrase someone needs to post to get the card... Pretty simple and fun

frankthetank

Aug 15, 2012
if the Doerr is still available, ill take it! would be great in my HOF pc, and i have had something nice to give away for awhile, now seems like the perfect chance! PM me if you can!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
if the Doerr is still available, ill take it! would be great in my HOF pc, and i have had something nice to give away for awhile, now seems like the perfect chance! PM me if you can!

In accordance with the idea of the thread, i believe it's yours, so put the next card up and PM Devin for the Doerr! Let's keep this moving!

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Fair warning, if someone posts a Brian Roberts gold xfractor #'d/10 from 2006 Finest, I'll be all over it like a dog on a three-legged cat. Just sayin'.

frankthetank

Aug 15, 2012
sorry just got out of class

dont collect prospects, so ill give this away

Card #3 2012 BC Ref Jorge Soler au

IMG_0010.jpg

Last edited:

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

I'll take it. Been wanting to add a Soler auto bad for my Cubs PC

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

Ok here's the next card. Sorry I'm at work and its the best picture I have

#150/150
ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1353435462.279151.jpg

Of if there is no takers I can offer up 14 2010 BDPP Henry Ramos blue refractors

IMG_0001-21.jpg

Last edited:

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
This is totally unrelated to FCB, but I figured I should share my story somewhere. I recently decided I was going to try and put together the Eric LeGrand Topps Chrome rainbow, and I made a post over on blowout saying that I was trying to put together the rainbow. I figured because he's the only person to ever be featured on a massively produced sports card and he is in a wheelchair it was my job to try and put it together. Fast-forward four days after my initial post and I had easily acquired all but three of the cards (gold refractor, red refractor and super) when Houdini pulled the super in a group break. I sent the person who had Tampa Bay a private message letting him know I was trying to put together the rainbow. He told me he was going to put it on eBay, unfortunately it was the wrong time of the month but we worked out a deal where I could bid and pay later. The day came where he placed it on the bay and within the hour it was over $91. Frankly, I simply don't have the kind of money for my personal collection that it probably would have sold for; I have a limited income and thereby supplement it with cards I can flip, unfortunately this hobby has turned into a job. All of a sudden, it wasn't on eBay anymore and I get a private message asking me for my address. After a few inquisitive messages back-and-forth I was informed that he was just going to give it to me, with the only condition that I paid it forward. Needless to say, I plan to do so in spades. I would like to participate in this somehow, but I do not want to receive anything in return.

I know it really isn't much, but hopefully this Pirates card of one of their most promising prospects can go to someone in a similar situation.

EDIT: I recently packed the majority of my cards that were in my PC, it might take the day or so to find it and ship it out, just a heads up.

Attachments

• jbell.jpg
    jbell.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
This is totally unrelated to FCB, but I figured I should share my story somewhere. I recently decided I was going to try and put together the Eric LeGrand Topps Chrome rainbow, and I made a post over on blowout saying that I was trying to put together the rainbow. I figured because he's the only person to ever be featured on a massively produced sports card and he is in a wheelchair it was my job to try and put it together. Fast-forward four days after my initial post and I had easily acquired all but three of the cards (gold refractor, red refractor and super) when Houdini pulled the super in a group break. I sent the person who had Tampa Bay a private message letting him know I was trying to put together the rainbow. He told me he was going to put it on eBay, unfortunately it was the wrong time of the month but we worked out a deal where I could bid and pay later. The day came where he placed it on the bay and within the hour it was over $91. Frankly, I simply don't have the kind of money for my personal collection that it probably would have sold for; I have a limited income and thereby supplement it with cards I can flip, unfortunately this hobby has turned into a job. All of a sudden, it wasn't on eBay anymore and I get a private message asking me for my address. After a few inquisitive messages back-and-forth I was informed that he was just going to give it to me, with the only condition that I paid it forward. Needless to say, I plan to do so in spades. I would like to participate in this somehow, but I do not want to receive anything in return.

I know it really isn't much, but hopefully this Pirates card of one of their most promising prospects can go to someone in a similar situation.

EDIT: I recently packed the majority of my cards that were in my PC, it might take the day or so to find it and ship it out, just a heads up.

Very nice gesture. I am not interested in the Bell but I hope someone will take you up on your kindness.

Members online

Latest posts