Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (01 UD MVP Batting Glove 6 card lot)-----------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Re: ------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (Card Posted)-----------

This is totally unrelated to FCB, but I figured I should share my story somewhere. I recently decided I was going to try and put together the Eric LeGrand Topps Chrome rainbow, and I made a post over on blowout saying that I was trying to put together the rainbow. I figured because he's the only person to ever be featured on a massively produced sports card and he is in a wheelchair it was my job to try and put it together. Fast-forward four days after my initial post and I had easily acquired all but three of the cards (gold refractor, red refractor and super) when Houdini pulled the super in a group break. I sent the person who had Tampa Bay a private message letting him know I was trying to put together the rainbow. He told me he was going to put it on eBay, unfortunately it was the wrong time of the month but we worked out a deal where I could bid and pay later. The day came where he placed it on the bay and within the hour it was over $91. Frankly, I simply don't have the kind of money for my personal collection that it probably would have sold for; I have a limited income and thereby supplement it with cards I can flip, unfortunately this hobby has turned into a job. All of a sudden, it wasn't on eBay anymore and I get a private message asking me for my address. After a few inquisitive messages back-and-forth I was informed that he was just going to give it to me, with the only condition that I paid it forward. Needless to say, I plan to do so in spades. I would like to participate in this somehow, but I do not want to receive anything in return.

I know it really isn't much, but hopefully this Pirates card of one of their most promising prospects can go to someone in a similar situation.

EDIT: I recently packed the majority of my cards that were in my PC, it might take the day or so to find it and ship it out, just a heads up.

I will take this. Will go to a Pirates PC for my SS in another group. I am off work in an hour, will post the next card then.

Thanks Syd and that's an awesome story. Those are the things this hobby SHOULD be all about.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I will take this. Will go to a Pirates PC for my SS in another group. I am off work in an hour, will post the next card then.

Thanks Syd and that's an awesome story. Those are the things this hobby SHOULD be all about.

No worries, send me a message whenever you get home.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (Card Posted)-----------

This is totally unrelated to FCB, but I figured I should share my story somewhere. I recently decided I was going to try and put together the Eric LeGrand Topps Chrome rainbow, and I made a post over on blowout saying that I was trying to put together the rainbow. I figured because he's the only person to ever be featured on a massively produced sports card and he is in a wheelchair it was my job to try and put it together. Fast-forward four days after my initial post and I had easily acquired all but three of the cards (gold refractor, red refractor and super) when Houdini pulled the super in a group break. I sent the person who had Tampa Bay a private message letting him know I was trying to put together the rainbow. He told me he was going to put it on eBay, unfortunately it was the wrong time of the month but we worked out a deal where I could bid and pay later. The day came where he placed it on the bay and within the hour it was over $91. Frankly, I simply don't have the kind of money for my personal collection that it probably would have sold for; I have a limited income and thereby supplement it with cards I can flip, unfortunately this hobby has turned into a job. All of a sudden, it wasn't on eBay anymore and I get a private message asking me for my address. After a few inquisitive messages back-and-forth I was informed that he was just going to give it to me, with the only condition that I paid it forward. Needless to say, I plan to do so in spades. I would like to participate in this somehow, but I do not want to receive anything in return.

I know it really isn't much, but hopefully this Pirates card of one of their most promising prospects can go to someone in a similar situation.

EDIT: I recently packed the majority of my cards that were in my PC, it might take the day or so to find it and ship it out, just a heads up.

Awesome story and gesture, Kyle. LoLo Jones challenge you to a race yet?

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I'll be the first to switch up sports. For you 49er fans, after their big win last night.

Vernon Davis Topps Prime Auto 07/15

VDAuto.jpg

I dont think you needed to post a card, I think were still waiting on the Dunston Blue auto
OP think we need some help here

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Hmmm, I have to fit a card in somehow.

Generous offer but we are trying to move along one offer at a time. When someone posts something you would like, say I'll take it and then post your Davis auto. If not possibly start a contest for the Davis. Again, thanks for the offer but we should stick to the original card.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (Card Posted)-----------

We had a bout of spontaneous generosity so a second card has surfaced. It isn't a bad thing, will keep things moving along.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Re: ------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (Card Posted)-----------

Generous offer but we are trying to move along one offer at a time. When someone posts something you would like, say I'll take it and then post your Davis auto. If not possibly start a contest for the Davis. Again, thanks for the offer but we should stick to the original card.

Um, that's what I did. Posted that I'd take the Josh Bell auto and posted a new card.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Um, that's what I did. Posted that I'd take the Josh Bell auto and posted a new card.

yeah but the Josh bell wasnt the official card, just another generous member adding a free card. it just got a little confusing I think the Bell is still yours though

you could just give the Davis to member Drav87 if you want he asked for it, then maybe he can add something to the Dunston card so we can get back on track ....lol

if the OP says its ok for him to add to the Dunston

Last edited:

Members online