Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (01 UD MVP Batting Glove 6 card lot)-----------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (Card Posted)-----------

if its frank the tank maybe i have snet him a few msgs for his addy and never got anything

Yeah I know. Hopefully he sends me the card I claimed. I've been trying to get one for awhile but don't have the money to spend on ebay. Sucks that I put up 2 PC Cards too

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Yeah I know. Hopefully he sends me the card I claimed. I've been trying to get one for awhile but don't have the money to spend on ebay. Sucks that I put up 2 PC Cards too

I feel badly that you appear to have gotten the short end of the stick in this thread. This may be reason to want to consider only allowing people who have been on FCB for a while to participate (like over a year maybe and at least 100 posts?). I know it would eliminate some good people from participating, such as the person who took my item and then turned around and gave a nice item of their own, but it would probably cut down on stuff like this happening.

I cannot cover you for a Soler Refractor Auto and that sucks because you wanted it for your personnal collection! However, I'd like to do something to help you out. I have a few Cubbies items I'd be more than happy to send your way in hopes they would have an appreciative owner. They do nothing for me here in my collection. Here is what I can send you. Just PM me your address and I'll get them out to you:

This is a double sided eight piece memorabilia card
ballpark1.jpg

ballpark.jpg

I'll also send you some Cubbies prospects cards (hoping they all still are in the organization!) and anything else I can find of the Cubs in my boxes. Probably have a bunch of lower end inserts, etc., but hopefully it's stuff you don't already have!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
well the doerr is back up for grabs who wants it?

I don't make the rules but I don't think it's "back up for grabs"... this in turn would create two cards up for grabs, so just forget it... that's my opinion... take the custom cut and as Jim Rome would say, keep moving.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX

I feel badly that you appear to have gotten the short end of the stick in this thread. This may be reason to want to consider only allowing people who have been on FCB for a while to participate (like over a year maybe and at least 100 posts?). I know it would eliminate some good people from participating, such as the person who took my item and then turned around and gave a nice item of their own, but it would probably cut down on stuff like this happening.

I cannot cover you for a Soler Refractor Auto and that sucks because you wanted it for your personnal collection! However, I'd like to do something to help you out. I have a few Cubbies items I'd be more than happy to send your way in hopes they would have an appreciative owner. They do nothing for me here in my collection. Here is what I can send you. Just PM me your address and I'll get them out to you:

This is a double sided eight piece memorabilia card
ballpark1.jpg

ballpark.jpg

I'll also send you some Cubbies prospects cards (hoping they all still are in the organization!) and anything else I can find of the Cubs in my boxes. Probably have a bunch of lower end inserts, etc., but hopefully it's stuff you don't already have!

Awesome gesture.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth

Did HPC get 2 cards? Maybe he could send back the Dunston Blue and the cubs collector can sell and get a Soler?
He gave up a Brewers triple of players no longer on the team and got 2 cards in return.

Can a moderator help to get addresses ect to get this worked out for those who lost cards?

It sucks something meant to be painless and fun as turned into a complete mess.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Asking HPC to give back a card doesn't seem really fair. He claimed an item that was given in the spirit of the thread. It isn't so much about getting stuff back, though I agree it stinks he got skunked and why I have sent him some stuff for his collection.

Did HPC get 2 cards? Maybe he could send back the Dunston Blue and the cubs collector can sell and get a Soler?
He gave up a Brewers triple of players no longer on the team and got 2 cards in return.

Can a moderator help to get addresses ect to get this worked out for those who lost cards?

It sucks something meant to be painless and fun as turned into a complete mess.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Asking HPC to give back a card doesn't seem really fair. He claimed an item that was given in the spirit of the thread. It isn't so much about getting stuff back, though I agree it stinks he got skunked and why I have sent him some stuff for his collection.

Also, we've had a holiday in there. Impacts our ability to ship things quicker and the USPS to deliver them. We shouldn't jump on judgement.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Can someone repost what card is still up for grabs here and get this thread back to life? I think it's the Cabrera back in post #129?

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Chris Young Plate

Claiming Chris Young plate for a fellow member and putting something up shortly

I have a HUGE THANK YOU to give out to Eddie because when he claimed this card he immediately thought of me which is just totally awesome. He knew my B-day was coming up and it arrived today. (Sorry, can't scan right now).
THANK YOU TONS Eddie!!!! VERY generous and thoughtful to have sent me the card and it's obviously going directly into the Chris Young PC.

Members online

Latest posts