Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Ultimate Signature Edition Collectors Group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
wideright said:
MaineMule said:
Nice pickup Wide though discussing the Mookie/Buckner card and now this Hernandez card brings back some very unpleasant memories of 1986......... :(

One of us ought to show off the Gooden/Straw dual- NOT!!!

I wonder why they didn't create a Ray Knight/Bob Stanley dual?? :lol:

How about a new category "Signs of Floptober"- Gedman/Stanley/Buckner Triple Auto ........now that's just mean of me......

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
MaineMule said:
wideright said:
MaineMule said:
Nice pickup Wide though discussing the Mookie/Buckner card and now this Hernandez card brings back some very unpleasant memories of 1986......... :(

One of us ought to show off the Gooden/Straw dual- NOT!!!

I wonder why they didn't create a Ray Knight/Bob Stanley dual?? :lol:

How about a new category "Signs of Floptober"- Gedman/Stanley/Buckner Triple Auto ........now that's just mean of me......

:lol: Yeah that one would not be well accepted.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Ok, another "odd" card post... :D I know you guys just love this! Scuba you already know about this card, but some others may not.

There is one special card in the set. Here is the card: Don Larsen Decades #/99

SD-DL_larson.jpg

What's so special about it? Mr. Larsen must have been confused by the card, because...

SD-DL_larson_back.jpg

...he signed the backs of the cards too!! That must have been why these were redemptions. UD probably received them and then sent them back to be resigned on the fronts. Dual auto by the same player! Just thought I'd share for those that haven't seen it.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Imagine if it were someone like Griffey who had hundreds of them to sign?? Whew, that would have sucked for him! At least Larson only had to redo 99....what gets me though is the fact that he must never have looked at the other side of the card!! Just looking at the two sides, i think it would be pretty easy to figure out where to sign...hm

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Tell me about it. Griffey signed over 350 Decades cards alone! Yeah, can't really blame the design. He was 76 when he signed, and maybe he used an assistant to organize his signings and that person screwed up. Who knows. Pretty unique though.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
jpcz said:
Imagine if it were someone like Griffey who had hundreds of them to sign?? Whew, that would have sucked for him! At least Larson only had to redo 99....what gets me though is the fact that he must never have looked at the other side of the card!! Just looking at the two sides, i think it would be pretty easy to figure out where to sign...hm

Ahh.... but not all 99 are dual signed. I've seen a few with only the front signed.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
jpcz said:
Oh, ok. So were some packed out and others redemptions?

If I remember correctly. I never pulled one, but I know there are some signed only on the front.

Really Chris?! I did not know that. I'll have to keep a watch for one. Never seen one just signed on the front.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
wideright said:
ru4scuba said:
jpcz said:

If I remember correctly. I never pulled one, but I know there are some signed only on the front.

Really Chris?! I did not know that. I'll have to keep a watch for one. Never seen one just signed on the front.

It took me a while to land that one for my set at a reasonable price so I saw a lot of them. I didn't care which one I got, but ended up with the dual signed one.

.... btw, still waiting on rb21 to respond again......

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
wideright said:
ru4scuba said:
jpcz said:

It took me a while to land that one for my set at a reasonable price so I saw a lot of them. I didn't care which one I got, but ended up with the dual signed one.

.... btw, still waiting on rb21 to respond again......

Geez. Can't understand why it takes them so long to respond.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
wideright said:
Geez. Can't understand why it takes them so long to respond.

The other day they sent scans of the front and back of the card. I told them I want it and to send me the total w/ S&H. I have yet to hear a response. Slow is an understatement when dealing with these guys. I wish they didn't bother sending the scan. With a card that limited the condition isn't of the utmost importance.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Anything new, fellow set collectors?? Working on something myself right now, but will hold off saying anything until the end.

Sorry for the "tease" but also wanted to bump this from the 10th page....i need to figure out exactly how this forum works, so I can easily find this thread!!

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
bodisurfa said:
jpcz said:
bodisurfa said:
You can count me IN on the break ;)

This a new high $325................WOW :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0295618138

Not a new high, but VERY close....see my post earlier in the thread (page 4 maybe?) High is 330...but 325 now is showing that 300 may not have been a fluke. 330 was not a best offer, it was a live auction, so i thought it might have been a case of two high snipes....maybe not!

Thanks jpcz, for confirming the 330 high on this card ;)

I take it you paid $330? I still can't believe the prices on these! I'll get one someday.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Ok Ult Sig friends, a couple things.

First, the case break is set to go! We have all slots accounted for. I will start taking payments as soon as possible from all who are participating.

Second, anyone see these? Thanks to bodisurfa for sending me the links this morning. So, notice anything odd about them???

250a_1.jpg

de9d_1.jpg

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
jpcz said:
Anything new, fellow set collectors?? Working on something myself right now, but will hold off saying anything until the end.

Sorry for the "tease" but also wanted to bump this from the 10th page....i need to figure out exactly how this forum works, so I can easily find this thread!!

John- look on top right under the New Topic and Reply buttons for "Bookmark this topic" and it will be listed in your Control Panel under Overview --> Manage Bookmarks.

Raymond

Aug 7, 2008
wideright said:
Ok Ult Sig friends, a couple things.

First, the case break is set to go! We have all slots accounted for. I will start taking payments as soon as possible from all who are participating.

Second, anyone see these? Thanks to bodisurfa for sending me the links this morning. So, notice anything odd about them???

250a_1.jpg

de9d_1.jpg

Band aids.....

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
What the....

Now there were three cards inserted into the product with stickers?? And you went through the trouble of switching the other musial. Funny though, how the three stickers (that we've seen so far) are on 1/1 cards....I wonder if this 1/1 idea was thought about after the fact of sending the others out, or what happened. Doesnt make much sense to me....

Members online

Latest posts