Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
ThoseBackPages said:
nosterbor said:
Nice haul!

Thanks! really fun $9 box, thats for sure!

That's great! Where are you guys finding these cheap 90s boxes?! I remember hearing that a box of the dare to tear or whatever was like $12 and I'd bust a few if I saw boxes for $20 and under lol

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Just opened a box of Leaf Series 1 and Series 2. Here are the hits:

Cal Hall is 2859/5000

scan0013.jpg

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
AndruwHRJones said:
1998 crusades come in green (#'d 250), Purple (#'d 100), and Red (#'d 25). There are also unnumbered versions (bankruptcy extras) that are likely 1/1's and executive series numbered with x's (***/250, xxx100, xx/25).

So happy to have found a red. Also here is a back picture of the Executive series. Didn't know they were called that.

SCAN1862.jpg
SCAN0340.jpg
SCAN1834.jpg

SCAN1861.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I might be interested in whatever you pull from those packs that you don't need. I have a total of 0 OPC sticker cards in my collection, never even seen any unopened packs.

I have one of those 1994 Pre-Productions as well, still looking for 1993 Brett. Always pass them by in dime boxes, they look like the regular base cards!

ThoseBackPages said:
i picked up the three Bretts in the top row for a total of 75 cents, happy about that

101311FleaMarketFind1.jpg

Sep 11, 2009
Be8el0ve said:
Does anyone know how these contest cards were distributed? I'm looking to get one in gold and silver form.

22221005.jpg

(Not Mine)
I think in packs. That one looks to be a proof because all the ones I have dont have a border. I believe I have a Jeter gold. I'll look tonight if you need the borderless one.

What Beckett says about the gold ones; "These Gold cards, randomly seeded into first and second series packs at a rate of 1:48, parallel the more common Bronze and Silver Extreme Players inserts. The Gold cards can be identified by their holographic gold "Extreme Players" logo on front. Prior to the December 31st, 1996 deadline, each of the the ten winning Extreme Players Gold cards were redeemable on a card for card basis for an attractive metal-based Finest-style gold upgrade card of the corresponding player."

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
bustin_knuckles said:
Be8el0ve said:
Does anyone know how these contest cards were distributed? I'm looking to get one in gold and silver form.

(Not Mine)
I think in packs. That one looks to be a proof because all the ones I have dont have a border. I believe I have a Jeter gold. I'll look tonight if you need the borderless one.

What Beckett says about the gold ones; "These Gold cards, randomly seeded into first and second series packs at a rate of 1:48, parallel the more common Bronze and Silver Extreme Players inserts. The Gold cards can be identified by their holographic gold "Extreme Players" logo on front. Prior to the December 31st, 1996 deadline, each of the the ten winning Extreme Players Gold cards were redeemable on a card for card basis for an attractive metal-based Finest-style gold upgrade card of the corresponding player."

These contest cards measure roughly 3" x 4", slightly larger than the pack cards.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
ThoseBackPages said:
i picked up the three Bretts in the top row for a total of 75 cents, happy about that

101311FleaMarketFind1.jpg

Really cool, I actually have a Juan Gonzo of the pre-production and I think a Barry Bonds... any value in them? I know some of the Juan guys are on here... let me know!

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Be8el0ve said:

I'm pretty sure these are backdoored sheet cut cards. Just the regular version with extra border.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Jastermereel said:
Be8el0ve said:

I'm pretty sure these are backdoored sheet cut cards. Just the regular version with extra border.
you are correct. how did they get a 10? The person who cut them must have had a lazer cutter.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Great thread...

I have a few cards remaining from a 1996 Upper Deck Predictor Exchange set.
These are different from the pack issued Predictor cards in that the surfaces are a silver foil.
I have remaining:

David Cone
Randy Johnson
Chuck Finley
Mike Mussina
Kevin Appier
Kenny Rogers

Sep 11, 2009
nosterbor said:
Jastermereel said:
Be8el0ve said:

you are correct. how did they get a 10? The person who cut them must have had a lazer cutter.

Maybe Topps cut them before they were backdoored as a printers proof or someone bought them from Topps Vault or maybe they are a a rare promotion. I have no clue so it would be nice to know if there are any Thomas' out there. Here's what the pack versions look like.
1996stadiumclubextremep.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts