Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Here are some more of the prototypes:

ScannedImage-4.jpg

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
gracecollector said:
Cool 90's unlicensed cards. I had a Grace in my PC and have only seen one other. Now I have 3 Cubbies - Sosa, Sandberg and Grace. Won them at an awesome price, since listing was pretty awful (no names in title). The 2 extra Sandbergs will be available.

5 1996 Pro Slide #1 Box Seat wrigley field Cubs cards Very Rare limited edition!

$(KGrHqJ,!lIE6GBY93y!BOj6h1vdig~~_35.JPG

I saw that and passed on it having a feeling you'd be after it. Let me know what you need for one of the Sandberg.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I know these arent 90s inserts, but I'm getting no info over in the 00s thread...

whats the deal with these Hit Parades?

The card number is HIT6, but the front has RBIs highlighted?
Topps%20Hit%20Parade%20HIT6.jpg

This one is numbered HR3, but theres nothing on the front where the blue bar is pulled away...
Topps%20Hit%20Parade%20HR3.jpg

And this one is numbered RBI3, but HRs is highlighted...
Topps%20Hit%20Parade%20RBI3.jpg

Are these all errors??

Sep 11, 2009
ASTROBURN said:
I know these arent 90s inserts, but I'm getting no info over in the 00s thread...

whats the deal with these Hit Parades?

The card number is HIT6, but the front has RBIs highlighted?
Topps%20Hit%20Parade%20HIT6.jpg

This one is numbered HR3, but theres nothing on the front where the blue bar is pulled away...
Topps%20Hit%20Parade%20HR3.jpg

And this one is numbered RBI3, but HRs is highlighted...
Topps%20Hit%20Parade%20RBI3.jpg

Are these all errors??
Looks like all the cards in the set are that way. Maybe an UER but nothing rare.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
How scarce are the 1996 Ultra HR Kings Gold Medallion Redemption cards? I picked this up a while ago, and haven't seen another Manny for sale anywhere. Barely any turn up on ebay, and there's a Thomas non-GM Redemption on COMC (and a few redeemed).

img121.jpg

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
DeliciousBacon said:
How scarce are the 1996 Ultra HR Kings Gold Medallion Redemption cards? I picked this up a while ago, and haven't seen another Manny for sale anywhere. Barely any turn up on ebay, and there's a Thomas non-GM Redemption on COMC (and a few redeemed).

img121.jpg

Those are very tough... Great pick up!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
1996 Ultra Home Run King GM Redemptions are much harder to find it seems that the redeemed variety, which doesn't make since in that there is still unopened product to rip and no redeemed cards to trade for. However, I've only ever seen two Thomases. I'm not sure of the print run of the GM variety, but it must have been fairly low.

1996UltraHRKingGMRedemption.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
BunchOBull said:
1996 Ultra Home Run King GM Redemptions are much harder to find it seems that the redeemed variety, which doesn't make since in that there is still unopened product to rip and no redeemed cards to trade for. However, I've only ever seen two Thomases. I'm not sure of the print run of the GM variety, but it must have been fairly low.

1996UltraHRKingGMRedemption.jpg

Never seen the GM Redemption of Belle; fantastic find!

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
DeliciousBacon said:

img121.jpg

Sweet card! I found the redeemed gold medallion Manny (with no redemption instructions on the back) to be very tough to find. I have only seen 3. I've seen something like maybe 6 or 7 of the redemption version with the instructions on the back. So those are easier but still uncommon. For what it's worth Beckett's pricing seems to back this up with the redemption card at $15 and the redeemed at $30... I don;t have them in front of me but I think the redeemed version has the real wood front while the redemption one is not real wood.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Those are super rare,1 in 720 series 1 packs.I watched cases and cases opened in pack-wars at our local flea market and only one was pulled out of 3 cases. Most all of those were sent in Right away. Good luck finding unopened boxes. They have dried up. There are only 5 Juans known.
juan_picture.php
juan_picture.php

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
That's not good news for me, I'm trying to track down all the Matt Williams HR Kings. I'm 0 for 4, and sounds like the GM Redemption isn't gonna happen. I had a feeling this was a scarce card, but to see that there's only 5 known Juans is mindblowing. Now if only I can find a Manny collector who needs mine :D

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I now have 440 and need only 1 refractor to finish the 1998 Bowman Chrome refractor 441 card set. If anybody might have a lead on # 397 Steve Lomasney let me know. (Yes, I do realize I could go over to the Becket marketplace and just buy one for $5.71 but that is not how I built this set...what fun would that be?!)

#3 [strike:2wxpkfp7]1998 Bowman Chrome refractor 271 Eddie Taubensee[/strike:2wxpkfp7] pack pulled in August
#2 [strike:2wxpkfp7]1998 Bowman Chrome refractor 129 Ryan Anderson RC[/strike:2wxpkfp7] arrived in the mail today from boardmember HaiDog!
#1 1998 Bowman Chrome refractor 397 Steve Lomasney RC

Members online