Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
DeliciousBacon said:
After years of searching, I've still never gotten my hands on the 1993 UD Season Highlights inserts of Baines and Brett. From 1993-2001 (when I originally quit collecting) and from 2008 till now, I have never even owned a single card from that set, forget the players I want. Could it be their hardest to find non-numbered insert set?

Well, they were in specially marked series 2 boxes, not just any random box. I remember when they first came out they were pretty expensive (the packs) especially around here because Griffey was in the Season Highlights set . Slowly, though, the pack prices came down and down, until they were pretty close to the others. You would get four or five per box...so not too rare. Besides Bonds, Nolan, and Griffey, there were a ton of scrubs (I pulled plenty Mickey Morandini's!), so that helped the price of the single stars stay up...

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Gwynn545 said:
DeliciousBacon said:
After years of searching, I've still never gotten my hands on the 1993 UD Season Highlights inserts of Baines and Brett. From 1993-2001 (when I originally quit collecting) and from 2008 till now, I have never even owned a single card from that set, forget the players I want. Could it be their hardest to find non-numbered insert set?

Well, they were in specially marked series 2 boxes, not just any random box. I remember when they first came out they were pretty expensive (the packs) especially around here because Griffey was in the Season Highlights set . Slowly, though, the pack prices came down and down, until they were pretty close to the others. You would get four or five per box...so not too rare. Besides Bonds, Nolan, and Griffey, there were a ton of scrubs (I pulled plenty Mickey Morandini's!), so that helped the price of the single stars stay up...

the jeter rc throws it all out of wack

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Gwynn545 said:
DeliciousBacon said:

I knew that they came in the special boxes, I just never saw any of those boxes. None of the local cards shops had them back then, I only knew of their existance by reading about them in the yearly Beckett. Always found it odd that with all the different scarce inserts I managed to track down in the 90's, I never owned a single card from the Season Highlights set, and still don't.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
DeliciousBacon said:
Gwynn545 said:
DeliciousBacon said:

I knew that they came in the special boxes, I just never saw any of those boxes. None of the local cards shops had them back then, I only knew of their existance by reading about them in the yearly Beckett. Always found it odd that with all the different scarce inserts I managed to track down in the 90's, I never owned a single card from the Season Highlights set, and still don't.

ouch!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-UPPER-DECK ... 984wt_1043

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Must...hold....on....
Sorry, but I wanted to put the 1997 Pinnacle Fanfest Playing Card on here again, you know...for future reference... :D
card.jpg
card1.jpg

Carry on...

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Just picked up a sealed case of 1998 Donruss
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Look for a new thread this weekend. ( 1998 Donruss case break ) will post scans. I am very excited about this one.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
nosterbor said:
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Look for a new thread this weekend. ( 1998 Donruss case break ) will post scans. I am very excited about this one.

If you pull a Crusade Red Gonzo, don't drool on it before it gets into a hardcase :)

No wait, hope for a Clark and sell it for $500 to $1000 . . . or a Nomo . . . or a Griffey . . . or a Ripken.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
clarkfan said:
nosterbor said:
icon_e_biggrin.gif

If you pull a Crusade Red Gonzo, don't drool on it before it gets into a hardcase :)

No wait, hope for a Clark and sell it for $500 to $1000 . . . or a Nomo . . . or a Griffey . . . or a Ripken.
icon_lol.gif

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
ThoseBackPages said:
nosterbor said:
icon_e_biggrin.gif

i hope you pull a crusade!

I will not put too much pressure on you with all the "Crusade" talk... just pull a silver or gold press proof Gwynn #22... Then you could call it a success! Low expectations are the way to go!

Greg Layton

Aug 7, 2010
Overland Park, KS
nosterbor said:
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Sweet. Best of luck to you. Oh, and I call dibs on any Carlos Delgados. :mrgreen:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
ok, so this guy has a ton of legacy cards listed, and in his listing it says no name on the back. So, I pulled out my card in my PC, and mine has Bagwells name in foil on the back. Are these no names fakes? Cuz I remember other members talking about them being possible back doored cards...
[ebay:3jt085x6]130593891354[/ebay:3jt085x6]

$(KGrHqF,!jcE6EJdB0WkBOq2VDydtQ~~60_3.JPG

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
ASTROBURN said:
ok, so this guy has a ton of legacy cards listed, and in his listing it says no name on the back. So, I pulled out my card in my PC, and mine has Bagwells name in foil on the back. Are these no names fakes? Cuz I remember other members talking about them being possible back doored cards... Just wondering if I should try picking it up...

[ebay:h58h1reh]130593891354[/ebay:h58h1reh]

If the price is right, I would buy backdoored 90's stuff all day. As long as the cards themselves are actual manufactured-produced, then I personally wouldn't care. Neat stuff to add to a collection, as long as it's cheap and not tampered with (like those Bowman fake stamped 1/1s mentioned in another thread).

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
nosterbor said:
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Where do you guys find awesome things like this? I want a rad case of 90s cards, too.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Pulling a crusade, from my experience is 1 in 3 cases+ for a green. That is what i have found. This will be the 20th case i have opened over the years. I have pulled 6 ( all Greens ) but is is a fun break. Did much better in the update boxes. Opened 4 cases and got 2 greens. They are loaded with nice inserts.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Ghumbs said:
nosterbor said:
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Where do you guys find awesome things like this? I want a rad case of 90s cards, too.
I got lucky. My local card shop had just gotten a case in and i grabbed it.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
DeliciousBacon said:
ASTROBURN said:
ok, so this guy has a ton of legacy cards listed, and in his listing it says no name on the back. So, I pulled out my card in my PC, and mine has Bagwells name in foil on the back. Are these no names fakes? Cuz I remember other members talking about them being possible back doored cards... Just wondering if I should try picking it up...

[ebay:19johu9d]130593891354[/ebay:19johu9d]

If the price is right, I would buy backdoored 90's stuff all day. As long as the cards themselves are actual manufactured-produced, then I personally wouldn't care. Neat stuff to add to a collection, as long as it's cheap and not tampered with (like those Bowman fake stamped 1/1s mentioned in another thread).
Ditto! I love that stuff, it's great stuff.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Gwynn545 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
nosterbor said:
icon_e_biggrin.gif

i hope you pull a crusade!

I will not put too much pressure on you with all the "Crusade" talk... just pull a silver or gold press proof Gwynn #22... Then you could call it a success! Low expectations are the way to go!
" gold press proof Gwynn #22 " I would not call that card a " low expection" i would be thrilled to pull that one.

clayb31

Feb 3, 2011
I picked up this lot of Colla Postcards because I have been looking for the Piazza's for a long time. This was the first time I ever remember seeing them. With that said, I now have tons of other players that I don't have much use for. If anyone is interested in any of these, let me know. Each set has 8 postcards, each with different photos. I have Will Clark 1989, Will Clark 1990, Mike Greenwell 1989, Mark McGwire 1989, Ozzie Smith 1989, Griffey Jr 1991, Kevin Mitchell 1989, Mark Grace 1990, Andre Dawson 1989, Jose Canseco 1989, and Toronto Blue Jays 1993 World Champions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230690229026?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Members online

Latest posts