Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: Who got permanently banned from beckett?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
WaxHeaven said:
beefycheddar said:
WaxHeaven said:
beefycheddar said:
WaxHeaven said:
beefycheddar":37ewin75][quote="WaxHeaven":37ewin75]I got suspended for 7 days I think.[/quote] Was it for using the sites name as a tag on your blog to try to leech hits off them?[/quote] No and I wasn't aware that using tags on posts was a bad thing.[/quote] It's not really cool when you bash a site then try to use their name to get hits. [url="http://wordpress.com/tag/freedom-cardboard/ said:
http://wordpress.com/tag/freedom-cardboard/[/url]

I have never once bashed the site publicly. I said I was sick of the Razor talk but looking through my post count here it's obvious I do like other elements of the forum. To be honest, I don't think placing one tag in Wordpress is going to steal any hits from Chris and/or bring me any extra traffic.

http://www.sportscardsuncensored.com/20 ... l#comments

If it won't bring extra traffic why use the tag on something that has nothing to do with this site? Also why use tags that also take people from Beckett?[/quote:37ewin75]

The post specifically mentioned MagicPapa and where he can be found today.

What else can I do for you, Mr. Tag Officer? :lol:[/quote:37ewin75]

The funny thing is I wasn't the one who found the tag sir, someone sent it to me laughing at how bush league it was to use tags to try to get yourself traffic from other sites.

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
cgilmo said:
Mario

Here's the thing. I don't care if you bash FCB. Hell, there are things about this site that I hate and that NEED bashing. Lets say joe card collector goes to google and searches for this Freedom Card Board site that he has heard so much about. And then comes to your page instead, because its well targeted word press. They see oh, here is the site, and they go to your site never aware of FCB, which is the site they intended to go to. It is a pure leech attempt, intentional or not and it looks really really bad on your end. Hell man, not even a link to FCB from that page.

Is me saying that I am sick of Razor talk considered "bashing"? I hardly think so. Now the other guy who posted in that blog is who BeefyCheddar should be all over, not someone who is a regular member of this forum.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
cgilmo said:
-Z- did what he did in the name of following orders.

Love him, hate him, he was a damn good moderator. Now that I have been on the other side of the fence, I respect the hell out of him.

There's rules, there's common sense and then there's personal grudges. Z adhered to 2 of the 3. I'll let you guess which ones. Good moderator? A good moderator doesn't email you and make things personal...of which he did on several occassions. I wish I still had them.

Anyway, the past is the past...and fortunately for everyone here he holds no weight here and I can speak my mind.....and I won't get banned for telling the truth or saying something about someone that he doesn't like or argue with one of his little online buddies......just a few of the reasons he banned people.

So please don't label him a "damn good moderator"...that's nowhere near an accurate description. If you admire him for the rigors of the demanding position of moderator...that I can understand. But the way he handled things was far from good.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
[quote="ThoseBackPages":34e35rq3][quote="Adamsince1981":34e35rq3][quote="ThoseBackPages":34e35rq3]

Yes. it was the night that the Mets lost the 2006 NLCS. one of the few times in my 15 years on the
internet that i actually "lost it" lol

STORY

you are my heroe!
[/quote:34e35rq3][/quote:34e35rq3][/quote:34e35rq3]

ok, heres the Cliff Notes version

"Night Crew" was still a BMB thing. a bunch of us were chatting it up during game 7.
Mets lose the game. all of a sudden, there were a bazillion Cardinals fans posting
all over the place. 98% of them had never been heard from before game 7. all out
of nowhere. there was a lot of chaos that night, there were at least 4 of us that
got "the ban" two of my friends even staged a "fake fight" to try to cool off those
of us that were getting into it for real.

so it must have been about 2am that i got the brilliant idea "hell to you cardinals fans,
im going to, right now, go and PISS ona Pujols rookie card, take pics and post them!"

and thats what happened lol

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
WaxHeaven said:
cgilmo said:
Mario

Here's the thing. I don't care if you bash FCB. Hell, there are things about this site that I hate and that NEED bashing. Lets say joe card collector goes to google and searches for this Freedom Card Board site that he has heard so much about. And then comes to your page instead, because its well targeted word press. They see oh, here is the site, and they go to your site never aware of FCB, which is the site they intended to go to. It is a pure leech attempt, intentional or not and it looks really really bad on your end. Hell man, not even a link to FCB from that page.

Is me saying that I am sick of Razor talk considered "bashing"? I hardly think so. Now the other guy who posted in that blog is who BeefyCheddar should be all over, not someone who is a regular member of this forum.

The other guy has no huge profile, and doesn't come here plugging his site. He doesn't profess to be the #1 Sports Card Blog on the net, therefore why should I have an issue with him? Again Mario, any time you would like to debate it, I can have a live podcast anytime of day.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
WaxHeaven said:
cgilmo said:
Mario

Sigh, mario

comprehend

I don't care if you bash FCB. You are a blogger. You have your opinions and you gotta call it like you see it. Ask your blog friends though, that wordpress blog is clear keyword spamming.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Pete14Rose said:
cgilmo said:

Love him, hate him, he was a damn good moderator. Now that I have been on the other side of the fence, I respect the hell out of him.

There's rules, there's common sense and then there's personal grudges. Z adhered to 2 of the 3. I'll let you guess which ones. Good moderator? A good moderator doesn't email you and make things personal...of which he did on several occassions. I wish I still had them.

Anyway, the past is the past...and fortunately for everyone here he holds no weight here and I can speak my mind.....and I won't get banned for telling the truth or saying something about someone that he doesn't like or argue with one of his little online buddies......just a few of the reasons he banned people.

So please don't label him a "damn good moderator"...that's nowhere near an accurate description. If you admire him for the rigors of the demanding position of moderator...that I can understand. But the way he handled things was far from good.

You've been thanked!

He is the worst moderator ever...and the personal grudges and hypocrisy are the reasons why.

I hope to pop him in the jaw someday because of how personal he got with me during the "banning" process :lol:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Pete14Rose said:
cgilmo said:

lol... he's probably one of the 30 guests here, reading this, crying that no one likes him. He's probably sick of banning kids over at Beckett and wants the ability to suspend us all for life.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Pete14Rose said:
cgilmo said:

I personally know how difficult dealing with you can be. I would not be surprised if you pushed him over the edge.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
[quote="Adamsince1981":1whl3mey][quote="ThoseBackPages":1whl3mey][quote="Adamsince1981":1whl3mey][quote="ThoseBackPages":1whl3mey]

Yes. it was the night that the Mets lost the 2006 NLCS. one of the few times in my 15 years on the

STORY

you are my heroe!
[/quote:1whl3mey][/quote:1whl3mey][/quote:1whl3mey]

"Night Crew" was still a BMB thing. a bunch of us were chatting it up during game 7.
Mets lose the game. all of a sudden, there were a bazillion Cardinals fans posting
all over the place. 98% of them had never been heard from before game 7. all out
of nowhere. there was a lot of chaos that night, there were at least 4 of us that
got "the ban" two of my friends even staged a "fake fight" to try to cool off those

so it must have been about 2am that i got the brilliant idea "hell to you cardinals fans,
im going to, right now, go and PISS ona Pujols rookie card, take pics and post them!"

and thats what happened lol[/quote:1whl3mey]

DAMN...I'm a die hard Cardinals fan...and I love you even more now!

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
Pete14Rose said:
cgilmo said:

I personally know how difficult dealing with you can be. I would not be surprised if you pushed him over the edge.

Hell, I hope he is on and asks for my address!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
[quote="ThoseBackPages":3t53mzh3][quote="Adamsince1981":3t53mzh3][quote="ThoseBackPages":3t53mzh3][quote="Adamsince1981":3t53mzh3][quote="ThoseBackPages":3t53mzh3]

STORY

you are my heroe!
[/quote:3t53mzh3][/quote:3t53mzh3][/quote:3t53mzh3]

and thats what happened lol[/quote:3t53mzh3]

DAMN...I'm a die hard Cardinals fan...and I love you even more now![/quote:3t53mzh3]

LOL one of the two guys that had the fake fight was none other than Sam Banks!

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
[quote="Adamsince1981":wpgshmu3][quote="ThoseBackPages":wpgshmu3][quote="Adamsince1981":wpgshmu3][quote="ThoseBackPages":wpgshmu3][quote="Adamsince1981":wpgshmu3][quote="ThoseBackPages":wpgshmu3]

STORY

you are my heroe!
[/quote:wpgshmu3][/quote:wpgshmu3][/quote:wpgshmu3]

and thats what happened lol[/quote:wpgshmu3]

DAMN...I'm a die hard Cardinals fan...and I love you even more now![/quote:wpgshmu3]

LOL one of the two guys that had the fake fight was none other than Sam Banks![/quote:wpgshmu3]

WAIT, are you telling me that Sam Banks was involved in a fake internet fight"

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
[quote="ThoseBackPages":3sly3sie][quote="Adamsince1981":3sly3sie][quote="ThoseBackPages":3sly3sie][quote="Adamsince1981":3sly3sie][quote="ThoseBackPages":3sly3sie][quote="Adamsince1981":3sly3sie][quote="ThoseBackPages":3sly3sie]

STORY

you are my heroe!
[/quote:3sly3sie][/quote:3sly3sie][/quote:3sly3sie]

and thats what happened lol[/quote:3sly3sie]

DAMN...I'm a die hard Cardinals fan...and I love you even more now![/quote:3sly3sie]

LOL one of the two guys that had the fake fight was none other than Sam Banks![/quote:3sly3sie]

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT![/quote:3sly3sie]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
[quote="Adamsince1981":3cof7z62][quote="ThoseBackPages":3cof7z62][quote="Adamsince1981":3cof7z62][quote="ThoseBackPages":3cof7z62][quote="Adamsince1981":3cof7z62][quote="ThoseBackPages":3cof7z62][quote="Adamsince1981":3cof7z62][quote="ThoseBackPages":3cof7z62]

STORY

you are my heroe!
[/quote:3cof7z62][/quote:3cof7z62][/quote:3cof7z62]

and thats what happened lol[/quote:3cof7z62]

DAMN...I'm a die hard Cardinals fan...and I love you even more now![/quote:3cof7z62]

LOL one of the two guys that had the fake fight was none other than Sam Banks![/quote:3cof7z62]

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT![/quote:3cof7z62]

:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:3cof7z62]

i had no idea this thread would bring a tear to my eye...

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
cgilmo said:
Pete14Rose said:
cgilmo said:

I may be difficult....because I refuse to take crap from anyone....online or not. That's just my nature and I make no apologies for that. But I have learned not to let insignificant people bother me as much as days past :D

Generally I am fairly pleasant. Until some selfrighteous clown desides to pop off at the mouth online. Then, do I typically lose my cool? Sure. Guilty as charged. But to say I probably pusshed him over the edge? Especially when you have no idea about the many personal emails he sent me poking and prodding a specific situation. Please :lol: He is a hypocritical online bully who abused his moderator position to suit whatever mood he was in on a day to day basis. Plain and simple. I just may be one a few that have no problem saying it but I am certainly not the only one that sees/saw it.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Pete14Rose said:
cgilmo said:
Pete14Rose said:
cgilmo said:

I may be difficult....because I refuse to take crap from anyone....online or not. That's just my nature and I make no apologies for that. But I have learned not to let insignificant people bother me as much as days past :D

Generally I am fairly pleasant. Until some selfrighteous clown desides to pop off at the mouth online. Then, do I typically lose my cool? Sure. Guilty as charged. But to say I probably pusshed him over the edge? Especially when you have no idea about the many personal emails he sent me poking and prodding a specific situation. Please :lol: He is a hypocritical online bully who abused his moderator position to suit whatever mood he was in on a day to day basis. Plain and simple. I just may be one a few that have no problem saying it but I am certainly not the only one that sees/saw it.

Spot on again...

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
JoshHamilton said:
Pete14Rose, who were you on BMB?

Which time? :D lol After my initial perma ban for the Daystar incident I was back many times. I forget the ID I used in the beginning, but I was Yaomingautos for a while and my last was EB31...before I found FCB. Thank goodness for this place. A decent, relaxed (more often than not) place to hang out and talk cards.

EDIT - Forgot to add my fav. part of this site.....you don't have to feel like you need to walk on eggshells because you might be banned at any moment for any reason. I see the mods here give (more than) fair warning before action is taken.

Members online

Latest posts