Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pedro Martinez...future HOFER?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Pedro is such a lock, people should almost vote for Ramon. Almost.

First Ballot, Vote for Pedro.

Wes

OG
Administrator
chashawk said:
ERA+ 205
WHIP 1.073
H/9 7.7

ERA+ 291
WHIP 0.737
H/9 5.3

not even close

You're really picking nits if you want to start an argument with me when I just said that Pedro's 2000 season was the best ever.

Grienke's 2009 is in the top 35 seasons a pitcher has EVER had - that counts as "being right there" with the top seasons over the past 25 years.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
hoopster3977 said:
No, not a first ballot HOF. There are more deserving players, Jim Kaat comes to mind first.

This is a joke, right? Pedro was dominant, with some of the greatest seasons by a pitcher, ever. Kaat accumulated wins.

I would've said first ballot, but then Roberto Alomar didn't make it the first time.

Plus, after Duke Snider passed away the other day, I saw an article that stated he didn't make it until his ELEVENTH try!

Joe DiMaggio...third try.

BBWAA is a friggin' joke.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
LLWesMan said:
chashawk said:
ERA+ 205
WHIP 1.073
H/9 7.7

ERA+ 291
WHIP 0.737
H/9 5.3

not even close

You're really picking nits if you want to start an argument with me when I just said that Pedro's 2000 season was the best ever.

Grienke's 2009 is in the top 35 seasons a pitcher has EVER had - that counts as "being right there" with the top seasons over the past 25 years.
Don't mean to come off as a ****** but you couldn't have used Maddux(94/95) as a closer example?

Also, to the guy who said put Kaat in before Pedro......you serious?

LLWesMan said:
notjomommasclint said:
his 99 and 00 seasons were the 2 most dominating seasons from the bump in the last 25 years.

Grienke's 2009 is right there too.

Pedro's 2000 season is probably the best season a pitcher has ever had when you factor in the fact that he was pitching in the best division in baseball during the steroid era.

He has five of the best 34 seasons ever pitched by ERA+.

that 2009 season was amazing. not disrespecting that in the least but 00 pedizzy was on another level! almost an unhittable mythical freak show level. whats crazy is grienke could have cut his losses in half if the royals could have had a few more solid bats scattered in the lineup. the reason i said 25 years was because to me doc goodens 85 and clemens 86 are hard to argue with.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
HOF lock in my opinon. As for first ballot, I think he should be. It will however depend on who ends up on the ballot with him. If he stays retired, 2015 will have Randy Johnson as the only lock HOF in the 1st year of being on the ballot. The biggest ? will be whether or not voters are willing to start voting in suspected steroid users. Clemens, Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, and Palmeiro could all likely still be on the ballot. Will be interesting how the next couple of HOF classes are voted.

Members online