Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Piazza 1/1 Auto OMG!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I cannot believe the price this card is at with five days left. NOT MY AUCTION!

[ebay:3joq1r1z]300687317212[/ebay:3joq1r1z]

Enjoy!
Tom

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Wow...Sticker auto as well. I don't know how much higher this will go (even with a full 5 days left). I'll be watching though. Thanks for the linkage

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I believe Piazza is one player who doesn't have very many certified auto cards, so the ones that are out there often command a premium.

This auction seems to have 2 big bidders (one of whom is "private") running up the price, which to me would raise a red flag. Maybe I'm just overly suspicious of anything related to eBay...

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
olerud363 said:
I believe Piazza is one player who doesn't have very many certified auto cards, so the ones that are out there often command a premium.

This auction seems to have 2 big bidders (one of whom is "private") running up the price, which to me would raise a red flag. Maybe I'm just overly suspicious of anything related to eBay...

I also had a similar problem ironically from the same seller. I had a private bid me up, but mine had bid retractions galore. Including mine, I was willing to go much higher but since the activity was highly suspicious I withdrew my bid.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
nyc3 said:
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7mlGpHdPYQIANv1XNyoA?p=apm-cards%20shill&fr2=sb-top&fr=crmas

Nice find sir...here is the youtube video showing some action:

[youtube:14nf8oql]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIfnwU9RMHo&list=UUiHBm1lU9q-wXvSycNYSN2w&feature=plcp[/youtube:14nf8oql]

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
wowzers. I was/am watching the auction because I player collect Piazza, but I'm certainly out of the bidding at that price. I liked that the card shows him in a Dodgers uni but for a sticker auto and a blah GU piece I think that price is crazy.

Tom Oates said:
I cannot believe the price this card is at with five days left. NOT MY AUCTION!

[ebay:2o3bdixh]300687317212[/ebay:2o3bdixh]

Enjoy!
Tom

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I love those cards. When I collected last time I was going for the 04 FOTG auto/jersey number set (swatch was a cutout of the players number). I paid 482 for the Berra 1/1 and 377 for the Brett 1/1 and also had the Ryan /3 and several other HOF /5 or less. I had 38 of them when I sold the collection. Nowadays though plain white swatches and sticker autos for that low numbered of a card is pretty lame.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
alex mancini is one of the kings of scam and sham to every possible degree it can be done.
i have sold several similar piazza cards over the years, and 400 seems to be about the highest one ever got.

Members online

Latest posts