Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pirate Fans: Who in management survives this season ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I still don's understand why Cole wasn't called up when James McDonald was struggling. Its a long list of questionable decisons by Neal Huntington.
More moves I do not understand

Not acting on the Kris Medlen trade because of Medlen's height. They wanted Jurrgens.

Giving Andy LaRoche a starting job over Bautista even though Jose was playing well.

Not hiring former players from the late 80's and early 90's to fill their Minor League staff when these players came to you with suggestions.

Playing russian roulette with Boras with Appel and losing.

Not one single player drafted in rounds 2-50 the past 5 years have contributed.

I didn't know about a Medlen trade, do you have a link?

Their drafting is what is the most damning piece of evidence NH should be fired or at the very least Greg Smith the person in charge of the drafts. Lets forget the #1 draft picks for a second and the international signings (where the Pirates have gotten all of their talent for the most part), their draft philosophy has stunk.

In 2009 they drafted Tony Sanchez in the first round, passing up tons of better players so they could afford to sign late round HS players to big bonuses. Not a single player from that draft looks to be above replacement, including Sanchez who is just a glove.

2010 was the Stetson Allie debacle. Look he said in numerous interviews he didn't like pitching and wanted to hit. He said he just liked throwing hard. The Pirates were blinded by the radar gun and basically lied too by this incredible ********* and his father. Allie had zero intention of being a pitcher and quit on the team in the second year. I don't believe it was bad luck, if a kid has serious doubts about wanting to do something you freaking listen and not spend millions in bonuses on him. Now they have a 3B "prospect" who can't make contact and strkes out 35% of the time, yippee.

This is just some issues I have with this team and its draft process. They spent TONS of money on late round picks to have all fail or in the process of failing. Now the 2011 and 2012 drafts are too new to judge but they seem to have some better late rounds (Clay Holmes for one) but if they don't start putting up numbers in 2013 NH should be fired. It doesn't take 8 years to rebuild a team.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
We had the Pirates low "A" league team here for 15 years so i got to meet the players regular . Several years ago there was twenty players that started playing here on other teams ----------- traded or cut from Pirates with only three on thier roster from here . Now we are with the Rangers [ three years] and about 15 have reached the majors ---- BIG difference with coaching style . Scouts are sending pitching coach Storm Davis great kids and Storm is well liked by the players and thier familys .
best player we had as a Pirate is Cutch . Walker and Pressley played here .

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
our player development is HORRIBLE so far. Draft judgement not far behind.

Also today marked the official 20th losing record in a row.

Members online