Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors can be nutty, but perhaps nothing tops Mantle collectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Saw this when it was maybe $500 and was surprised. The end price was even more of a surprise. It's probably very scarce and maybe the only chance one might have to own one, but I just can't see paying such large sums for such a poor conditioned piece. I didn't look closer, but assumed the signature was preprinted. Maybe it was hand signed after all?

Mantle 1968 Sheet Auction.pngMantle 1968 Sheet.jpg

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
That is a lot of money for a page torn from a magazine. It does look like it's a printed autograph. Here's the link to the original auction.
The seller added more information. But it's two different things. Here's a link to the 1967 Tri-fold auction.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This is from the lower right corner, I wonder if that 12/67 is December 1967? That would make sense, as the text talks about through the 67 season.

Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 7.23.03 PM.png

Not sure exactly what it is, but the bottom 3rd piece is about half way ripped off too. A few people wanted this item badly!

Members online

Latest posts