Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospect Rush - another rookie retro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah I was not feeling this. And I feel a lot of things including myself. But this rubbed me the wrong way for sure

I feel ya Richard...umm...that came but weird. Wait...umm...forget it.

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
Let him know to pay the extra few bucks a year for domain registry privacy.

Didn't see the need for it, I have nothing to hide. I suppose I can give a full bio in our new forum if the members like. I'm not opposed.

Annnddd that leads to this:

aquafire 2 bit LIEING SCAMMER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com

Scammer or not.. that kind of publicity makes me say "No, thanks!"

Edit: Edited out some details. Everything on him is public record. WHat ties this guy has to the actual site beyond being the registrant is unknown to me. Draw your own conclusions.

Well I figured I would get a day before the wolves came out lol. As I stated to Mr. Louisiana the screen worked perfectly fine the last time it was used. Once shipped he informed me it was missing a cable (I didn't realize since I had not used it for over a year). He could have taken it up with paypal but did not. I was getting out of the car audio hobby at that point and after reading the thread I'm amazed! I had no idea my name was getting trashed so hard. I never heard back after he refused my offer so I figured we were good. Boy was I wrong!

Last edited:

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I did a deal with him on Blowout and he seems like a good dude. Has a TON of good feedback there and is at 100%. Not saying that this product is a good idea, but I don't see why anyone should tar-and-feather the guy yet

A_Pharis

Didn't see the need for it, I have nothing to hide. I suppose I can give a full bio in our new forum if the members like. I'm not opposed.

Well I figured I would get a day before the wolves came out lol. As I stated to Mr. Louisiana the screen worked perfectly fine the last time it was used. Once shipped he informed me it was missing a cable (I didn't realize since I had not used it for over a year). I offered to split the cost on the cable but he refused. He could have taken it up with paypal but did not. I was getting out of the car audio hobby at that point and after reading the thread I'm amazed! I had no idea my name was getting trashed so hard. I never heard back after he refused my offer so I figured we were good. Boy was I wrong!

You'd be amazed how much gets said about whom on the internet. I'm impressed at your addressing of it, though. The domain privacy, though, is for more than just that.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
I did a deal with him on Blowout and he seems like a good dude. Has a TON of good feedback there and is at 100%. Not saying that this product is a good idea, but I don't see why anyone should tar-and-feather the guy yet

+1

I have dealt with him in the past, seems to be a stand-up member on both sites.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
Why do you feel that the hobby needed this product?

Let me go ahead and answer that one...it doesn't.

All these guys are doing is buying up cards at market value (below market if they're lucky), 10-15 of those being decent hits. The vast majority are mediocre at best, but mainly crap. They price the boxes/packs at point where they are going to make a nice chunk of change - essentially marketing it towards the gambling aspect of the hobby.

Out of the "500 boxes", 5% of the breakers will be happy, another 10% will be "ehh.., I made my money back", and the rest will be staring at a $20 card wondering "why in the hell is this card in a high end product".

This is Heroes of Sport - just a different name. Can The Hobby please not make this a trend?

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
For the love of... How many of these buyback companies are going to spring up?

Bet the non-existent checklist will be SWEET!!

That's the thing - as many as people care to start. It's pure grab-bag mentality. And they all buy the goods right in front of you on Ebay. Just assume they're all out to at least double their money, after paying expenses, employees overhead ect. The collector can't win, and I wish they would just go away.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Ok look for my new product coming out shortly. I have no details on it yet, but I will expect you all to pay $200 for it too. I figure if all these companies can pop up our of the woodwork, I can too! Once I get some preorders I will start buying cards to put into my product!

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
Let me go ahead and answer that one...it doesn't.

All these guys are doing is buying up cards at market value (below market if they're lucky), 10-15 of those being decent hits. The vast majority are mediocre at best, but mainly crap. They price the boxes/packs at point where they are going to make a nice chunk of change - essentially marketing it towards the gambling aspect of the hobby.

Out of the "500 boxes", 5% of the breakers will be happy, another 10% will be "ehh.., I made my money back", and the rest will be staring at a $20 card wondering "why in the hell is this card in a high end product".

This is Heroes of Sport - just a different name. Can The Hobby please not make this a trend?

I'll allow the final product to speak to this.

That's the thing - as many as people care to start. It's pure grab-bag mentality. And they all buy the goods right in front of you on Ebay. Just assume they're all out to at least double their money, after paying expenses, employees overhead ect. The collector can't win, and I wish they would just go away.

Please direct me to this world :D. Advantages of small companies are margins can be smaller. Am I going to make money? I sure as heck hope so! Doubling? Not even close.

Members online

Latest posts