Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospect Rush - another rookie retro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
Ok look for my new product coming out shortly. I have no details on it yet, but I will expect you all to pay $200 for it too. I figure if all these companies can pop up our of the woodwork, I can too! Once I get some preorders I will start buying cards to put into my product!

All boxes are serial numbered to 500. NO boxes will be packed out AFTER THE FACT. The reason I cannot offer exact checklist details is some cards are at Beckett popping any day. I don't want to list a specific card that does not meet a minimum grade...then what I say oops?

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
Serial number is inside the box right?

I had not thought of that. My original intent was integrating them into the exterior label. Are you saying in your mind u would prefer it inside? Please explain...I could certainly do both if that's more "honest" in your opinion.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I had not thought of that. My original intent was integrating them into the exterior label. Are you saying in your mind u would prefer it inside? Please explain...I could certainly do both if that's more "honest" in your opinion.

I would think everyone would prefer inside. So in the end nothing can be accused or assumed otherwise. Same with hot boxes (if any are planned) Do not put it on the outer box. And for the love of god please annouce it right away.

Go look at what the Heroes of sport did, I suggest doing the opposite which INCLUDES a checklist. So when people pull the stinkers they cant say they didnt know.

Learn for the others dont copy them.

Last edited:

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
Let him know to pay the extra few bucks a year for domain registry privacy.

Didn't see the need for it, I have nothing to hide. I suppose I can give a full bio in our new forum if the members like. I'm not opposed.

Annnddd that leads to this:

aquafire 2 bit LIEING SCAMMER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com

Scammer or not.. that kind of publicity makes me say "No, thanks!"

Edit: Edited out some details. Everything on him is public record. WHat ties this guy has to the actual site beyond being the registrant is unknown to me. Draw your own conclusions.

Guys as a follow up...

EDIT: This was really bugging me...so I looked into it more.

This transaction took place directly around the time I had just completed a nerve transfer surgery in my neck as a result of my motorcycle accident. Sept of 2010. I now see that's why I was unaware of the customer's posts on the thread...I was bed ridden. I did not return to the forum after my accident (for obvious reasons). I have emailed the mods on the site to get my password back so I can make things right with Louisiana.

If any haters would like to see my doctor's reports and surgery receipts please pm me i'll be happy to provide them.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Didn't see the need for it, I have nothing to hide. I suppose I can give a full bio in our new forum if the members like. I'm not opposed.

Guys as a follow up...

EDIT: This was really bugging me...so I looked into it more.

This transaction took place directly around the time I had just completed a nerve transfer surgery in my neck as a result of my motorcycle accident. Sept of 2010. I now see that's why I was unaware of the customer's posts on the thread...I was bed ridden. I did not return to the forum after my accident (for obvious reasons). I have emailed the mods on the site to get my password back so I can make things right with Louisiana.

If any haters would like to see my doctor's reports and surgery receipts please pm me i'll be happy to provide them.

I have always wondered why, or better yet how there are people who hide behind "medical emergencies". Sure, what I have is different in the fact that I have to live with it every day of my life, but I always plan around online deals I have made. Why would you make a deal if you knew you were going to be hospitalized or incapacitated for a certain amount of time?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Someone from this company came into my Break room last night, I didn't realize that it was in regards to this product.

MajorLeague seems to be a good dude, from everything I can tell over on BO.

I personally don't see the need for another product like this. BUT, to go after a specific markey such as prospects seems like an excellent idea in my opinion.

Matt

Last edited:

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
I have always wondered why, or better yet how there are people who hide behind "medical emergencies". Sure, what I have is different in the fact that I have to live with it every day of my life, but I always plan around online deals I have made. Why would you make a deal if you knew you were going to be hospitalized or incapacitated for a certain amount of time?

Lol. Tough audience. Let me enlighten you.

May 2010- Hit
August 2010- Back on my feet, started selling off my car audio.
September 2010- Nerve transfer surgery. Arm, Neck cut open.
Post Surgery- long recovery.

Sir,
My right arm doesn't move. I will deal with that forever. I'm not hiding behind anything. I figured me taking the time to explain it, looking into it, editing to reflect the exact incidents, and now contacting the buyer would be enough. If however you would prefer I email you my medical documents please pm me. I will be happy to provide them.

I wanted to sell the stuff before I was in recovery for 6 months. And We needed the money since my wages etc were held due to a 6 month waiting period for long term disability.

Fair?

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
Someone from this company came into my room last night while I was doing a group break and was starting to pimp it....Had to shut that down quickly.

I will happily address this. Please check your chat log.

I entered.

i) A person said when is your product for sale?

My answer: info on the website

ii) Another person says "What product"

iii) My response "I don't want the host to get mad at me"

Not sure what I was pimping? I don't play that game, i'm sorry if that's how it was interpreted.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
That's the thing - as many as people care to start. It's pure grab-bag mentality. And they all buy the goods right in front of you on Ebay. Just assume they're all out to at least double their money, after paying expenses, employees overhead ect. The collector can't win, and I wish they would just go away.

I don't see how anyone can figure out the value of these *rare* cards considering nobody really knows *why* they're being bought and how they're 'being used'.

And yes, this does make a difference... its all a 'house of cards' as they say... rare cards aren't always worth what someone is willing to pay at any given instant.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I will happily address this. Please check your chat log.

I entered.

i) A person said when is your product for sale?

My answer: info on the website

ii) Another person says "What product"

iii) My response "I don't want the host to get mad at me"

Not sure what I was pimping? I don't play that game, i'm sorry if that's how it was interpreted.

I edited my post well before your quote, as I thought about it, and I was incorrect. You are 100% right. Please see my edited post above.

I actually had no clue what ProspectRush was until today, and was very confused last night truthfully. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Skrip

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
All boxes are serial numbered to 500. NO boxes will be packed out AFTER THE FACT. The reason I cannot offer exact checklist details is some cards are at Beckett popping any day. I don't want to list a specific card that does not meet a minimum grade...then what I say oops?

Serial #'ing to 500 doesn't mean a thing. You can have all the intentions in the world of making 500 boxes, order said boxes, slap a serial # on them and still make-to-order.

Maybe I am just jaded by the Heroes of Sport BS that was being pulled. Maybe you are completely legit. I just don't see how consumers would want this stuff. It is 100% gamble type stuff - and the odds are certainly not with the customer.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I do agree with some of the ideas here

1. Serial # the boxes /500 on the inside

2. If "hot boxes" don't mark them on the outside

3. Full checklist is a MUST in my opinion.

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
I edited my post well before your quote, as I thought about it, and I was incorrect. You are 100% right. Please see my edited post above.

I actually had no clue what ProspectRush was until today, and was very confused last night truthfully. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Skrip

Thank you so much!

Appreciate you vindicating me in this bloodshed :D. J/K of course.

BTW- I was watching since I think this is a great online breakers product. And from reading here you are well trusted. I was thinking of contacting you.

Anyway, thanks again for correcting the thread.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Thank you so much!

Appreciate you vindicating me in this bloodshed :D. J/K of course.

BTW- I was watching since I think this is a great online breakers product. And from reading here you are well trusted. I was thinking of contacting you.

Anyway, thanks again for correcting the thread.

That was my bad, my brain is somewhat scattered today. Thanks for stopping by the room, AND, I sent you an email through your site as well.

Matt

cub4life78

Jan 1, 2013
Tx
Lol. Tough audience. Let me enlighten you.

May 2010- Hit
August 2010- Back on my feet, started selling off my car audio.
September 2010- Nerve transfer surgery. Arm, Neck cut open.
Post Surgery- long recovery.

Sir,
My right arm doesn't move. I will deal with that forever. I'm not hiding behind anything. I figured me taking the time to explain it, looking into it, editing to reflect the exact incidents, and now contacting the buyer would be enough. If however you would prefer I email you my medical documents please pm me. I will be happy to provide them.

I wanted to sell the stuff before I was in recovery for 6 months. And We needed the money since my wages etc were held due to a 6 month waiting period for long term disability.

Fair?

I don't think it's necessary to get snarky over the matter. All these are legitimate questions if you expect people to fork over hundreds if not thousands of dollars. On the flip side it would be difficult if not impossible to plan or expect an accident such as yours and if you truly did all in your powers to make everything right then there's nothing to worry about. Anyway, if there's one thing I have learned lately after taking a break from collecting is that collectors tend to be a cynical bunch and it would be wise to show some patience with us in this matter. Sure, some folks in the hobby lack tact and come across as jerks but you as a business should be able to deal professional with them no matter how difficult it may be. Best of luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD MAXX

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I don't think it's necessary to get snarky over the matter. All these are legitimate questions if you expect people to fork over hundreds if not thousands of dollars. On the flip side it would be difficult if not impossible to plan or expect an accident such as yours and if you truly did all in your powers to make everything right then there's nothing to worry about. Anyway, if there's one thing I have learned lately after taking a break from collecting is that collectors tend to be a cynical bunch and it would be wise to show some patience with us in this matter. Sure, some folks in the hobby lack tact and come across as jerks but you as a business should be able to deal professional with them no matter how difficult it may be. Best of luck.

He wasnt snarky at all.

You read snarky into it.

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
I do agree with some of the ideas here

1. Serial # the boxes /500 on the inside

2. If "hot boxes" don't mark them on the outside

3. Full checklist is a MUST in my opinion.

OK. As I said, I have nothing to hide.

1. Serial # the boxes /500 on the inside- DONE! Call has been made and serial numbers will be on both the outside and inside. Talk about last minute!!! :)

2. If "hot boxes" don't mark them on the outside. No hot boxes. And no hot boxes in 2 months either.

3. Full checklist is a MUST in my opinion. DONE! Give me some time guys as I am awaiting all the cards to arrive. But you will get a complete an un-edited checklist.

Last edited:

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada

Cubs,

My apologies if it was taken snarky. Please understand my credibility is being challenged. Also, as i'm sure you can understand my accident has been a tough pill to swallow and it's at times sensitive for me to talk about. If I came off as Snarky that was not my intent.

Members online

Latest posts