Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Punk officially done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The Rock, all around, is definitely better than Punk

Punk is definitely a better wrestler, however. No one in this generation except Cena comes close to Rock's mic skills, in my opinion

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry to have to use his words, but the Rock is "electrifying." Punk just comes off as a normal guy to me.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I think that's part of his appeal

When I watch wrestling though, I want to escape from reality. I want larger than life characters with over-the-top antics and performances. On occasion guys like Punk are necessary. They aren't what keeps me watching though. Hell, I like Daniel Bryan as a wrestler, but could care less if he's on TV or not too. Guys like RVD, Edge, Christian, etc. have the normal guy thing going, but add that little bit extra. Punk honestly bored me half the time.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I definitely see what youre saying and personally agree.

I think Bryan should never be given the belt because he's not a believable champ and to a degree Punk wasnt either

but on the flip side, if all you have is roided-up Mason Ryans and Rob Terrys be your champion, it makes for ****** wrestling

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Exactly. You NEED the Punks and Bryans in their respective roles. Just not to carry the company. There is a lot of truth to Stephanie's B+ comment.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
HPC;2182122 Face it said:
Obviously everyone has there opinions and everyone has a favorite / cheers / likes / roots for etc etc for a plethora of reasons
But I would have to stop ya there on the Rock comment

Rock was a better wrestler than Punk by football fields - can be judged by a few quintessial matches he had where you are literally glued to the tv and stoked with suspense
I never experienced that with Punk.

Matter of fact, I would have to say that the best in ring wrestlers who have wow'd me as a fan
In no particular order
Macho
HBK
Rock

On top, charisma or the jokes, Rock captivated your attention everytime he was on the mic.

Punk was very good on the mic, but not captivating

Punk was a good wrestler, great with the mic
Sold some merch and will be forgotten in 6 months

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
I would also like to add my worthless opinion too

I think CM Punk garners a lot of attention for one real reason and that it's the "thing to do" at wrestling shows....
Chant CM punk

Similar to when AROD was booed incessantly a few years ago ...
Casual fans would boo him bc it was the cool thing to do at the time

Members online