Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question: 2009 Jesus Montero Futures Game Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
vwnut13 said:
Are you the smae member that had the 2010 Platinum Superfractor in your signature?

If not, there are three of these out there.

I sold him the non-gold one, and then the gold one came up on eBay a little later.

Mine was originally bought on eBay.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
When phil hughes was posting on bmb, I believe he said each player was given 2 or 3 jerseys, one to keep, the other went to topps.

Granted that was 2004 but maybe it was bumped up in 08

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
I used to follow the 2005 BDP jock tags for years. Never saw 2 of the same. I'd look around the internet. If they inserted multiples of the same in 2009, others have most likely talked about it.

Any signs of tampering on the edges of the gold?

Yeah these Futures Game jerseys can easily be bought. Used to have a 2005 one I paid around $30 for.

Considering who owned the Gold and what they have, I vote fake.

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
Very interesting thoughts guys. I'm going to send both of these cards into BGS Monday and just go from there. Both sellers are sure these are legit so I guess we'll see. If one or both turn out to be bogus I would hope getting my money back wont be a problem. I am one of the biggest Montero collectors around but as far as these patch cards go, I'M DONE!!!

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Years back I sent in 7 or was it 9? 2005 BDP Martin Jock tags. All returnd ungraded. Couldn't get a refund either. Sent back raw due to lack of info. They told me to call Topps to confirm they are legit as they didn't match pics they rec'd from Topps as the "sample cards". I explained there was no way Topps could send a pic of every tag...still got nowhere.

Good Luck!!

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
MartinFFcollector said:
Years back I sent in 7 or was it 9? 2005 BDP Martin Jock tags. All returnd ungraded. Couldn't get a refund either. Sent back raw due to lack of info. They told me to call Topps to confirm they are legit as they didn't match pics they rec'd from Topps as the "sample cards". I explained there was no way Topps could send a pic of every tag...still got nowhere.

Good Luck!!

I've got 4 Montero 2010 Pro Debut patch/jersey cards graded from BGS already so HOPEFULLY they will be able to find the fake patch card. Such a mess over a 150-200 card.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
5toolplayer said:
Very interesting thoughts guys. I'm going to send both of these cards into BGS Monday and just go from there. Both sellers are sure these are legit so I guess we'll see. If one or both turn out to be bogus I would hope getting my money back wont be a problem. I am one of the biggest Montero collectors around but as far as these patch cards go, I'M DONE!!!

BGS authenticates the card not the patch. MrWhiteSox30 posted clear evidence that the gold one is fake...

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
5toolplayer said:

Dont waste your money as its been said BGS or PSA dont authenticate the patch. If I where you I would get my money back on both cards and enjoy the jersey.

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
anyone have a good contact # for topps?? I want to call and get this handled before I head back to Baghdad (Sept 26)

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
Topps customer service was completely useless. Cards will be sent into BGS to get slabbed and added to my Montero collection. Never again

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
5toolplayer said:
Topps customer service was completely useless. Cards will be sent into BGS to get slabbed and added to my Montero collection. Never again
Dont be surprised if beckett wont slab them. There is a chance they will, but know there is a chance they wont.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
nyc3 said:
5toolplayer said:

Dont waste your money as its been said BGS or PSA dont authenticate the patch. If I where you I would get my money back on both cards and enjoy the jersey.

Wouldn't they be able to tell that the card was altered though and therefore not slab it? I don't know because I only have one graded card but I think they would catch that it would be fake?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
padremurph said:
Wouldn't they be able to tell that the card was altered though and therefore not slab it? I don't know because I only have one graded card but I think they would catch that it would be fake?

Not really cause who is to say there is signs of being altered.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
nyc3 said:
padremurph said:

Not really cause who is to say there is signs of being altered.

I don't know? Don't they have to take the card apart to get the new patch in?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
padremurph said:

sometimes, I have also seen where they just fall out if pulled a bit. If there was tell tale signs of tampering I have a feeling someone would have seen it by now.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
nyc3 said:
padremurph said:

sometimes, I have also seen where they just fall out if pulled a bit. If there was tell tale signs of tampering I have a feeling someone would have seen it by now.

True, I usually stay away from nice patches due to the fear of it being fake. I have one of those Topps jumbo patches with a less than average patch and then I have one of the futures game patches from the same set but it's numbered to 5 so I'm assuming both are legit.

Members online

Latest posts