Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Random NFL updates and thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
First of all, lets get into the situation of Santonio Holmes. His ego for wanting the ball at all times is ruining the Jets on the field as well as in the locker room. Just recently, he got pissed off and walked off the field during practice because he said the coaches were working him too hard. He is a professional athlete and needs to get ready for the season! That's why they pay him the big bucks! The big beneficiary to this whole situation you ask??? (assuming a QB on that team can throw him the ball).....Stephen Hill! I hope he overtakes Holmes and breaks 1,000 receiving yards this season to start his career. He has so much talent and was held back a bit in college due lack of a QB there as well. I will be rooting for him this year!

Ochocinco with the Dolphins? Radio made a good point this morning that maybe they are primarily signing him because of Hard Knocks that they are doing. I think he is washed up and even Housh was quoted as saying that he had to tell him where to line up every single play while they were with the Bengals. He cannot follow the plays and it really showed in New England. I think he will only take up roster space in Miami.

Thoughts by the crew?

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
You got the Holmes story completely wrong. He just got back from an air base in Germany visiting troops and asked if his reps could be limited. Take it how you will but IMO it's non story really.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/06/santonio_holmes_tells_jets_coa.html

Gotcha. That could be the case. Here is how I read it originally:

Toward the end of the two-hour practice, Holmes walked off the field, tossed his helmet and appeared upset. He spoke with wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal and trainer John Mellody and spent the final portion of practice watching alongside Mellody. “I was talking to the coach, letting him understand it was too many reps today,” Holmes said.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I think the Ocho still has a little something left and the Dolphins may be able to get it out of him. Make no mistake, he's not bright, but he is returning home. He's wanted to play in Miami before. When he made his first trade request in Cincinnati, the Dolphins were the team he wanted to land with.

His performance last season was sad and that is why he is making league minimum (tons of incentives though). I think the Dolphins are counting on him to bring some fans in because he is from the area. For Chad, Hard Knocks is just an added bonus. No one loves him more than he loves himself.

If he can actually grasp the playbook, I could see him somewhere in the 600 yards range this season. If he continues to be a brick, his numbers will probably be worse than they were in New England.

Members online

Latest posts