Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

razor metal base have hit ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
razorent said:
JVC said:
matfanofold said:
aw00d05 said:
$5 no thanks...

Agreed!

And the centering on some of them look pretty bad!

Imagine getting this?

brian_matusz_razor_baseball_draft.jpg

This tells me that the manufacturing process isn't as precise as people think. Everyone has complained about Bowman Chrome singles coming out way oc and Topps having the technology to keep all of the cards centered but Brian, as a prospector, knows how much this is hated by his clientele and yet, we see cards like this.

This is NOT the norm... BG

This wasn't a knock against you. I'm just saying that it's probably a lot harder to get all of the cards perfectly centered than most people think.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
masonphillip said:
cgilmo said:
what does not sell, will be destroyed

This is interesting, it means that a lesser guy, lets sale Jemile Weeks, only sells 50 cards and the other 950 are destroyed, all of a sudden you have a card with only 50 copies made of it, makes for some interesting speculation.

That is what I like the most about this release. Will be cool seeing when they destroy the unsold product. I heard it mentioned it may done at the National.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Any chance we can see a video or some sort of proof of you destroying the cards upon the conclusion of these auctions?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
masonphillip said:
cgilmo said:

This is interesting, it means that a lesser guy, lets sale Jemile Weeks, only sells 50 cards and the other 950 are destroyed, all of a sudden you have a card with only 50 copies made of it, makes for some interesting speculation.

That is what I like the most about this release. Will be cool seeing when they destroy the unsold product. I heard it mentioned it may done at the National.
I'm glad this is the plan. I mentioned this idea (brought up 2001 Elite and the success that that set had.) I still feel that with this process there was no reason not to have cards of every player (since the less popular the player, the more scarce and greater potential for the card, and there's no worry of a person pulling a weak pack, since you buy what you want) but I think this could work.

I do think that trying to be Chrome-like like Topps is shortsighted, especially with such a release as I think people will equate these to base Chrome's, and the /1000 or less makes them so much more than a base RC /x0000. I'd love to see something completely fresh, but I know that that is not an easy thing.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
masonphillip said:
cgilmo said:

+1! This is going to be interesting if in fact the cards that are not sold in this current format are destroyed. Hopefully Brian will post an official SP list on his website once everything unfolds.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
Any chance we can see a video or some sort of proof of you destroying the cards upon the conclusion of these auctions?

If I was Brian, I'd send you a fake box of cards that when you open it, destroyed Razor metal card confettie bursts out all over the place.

Wes

OG
Administrator
bballcardkid said:
masonphillip said:
cgilmo said:

+1! This is going to be interesting if in fact the cards that are not sold in this current format are destroyed. Hopefully Brian will post an official SP list on his website once everything unfolds.

Won't be necessary by clicking on purchase you'll be able to see how many have been purchased.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
LLWesMan said:
bballcardkid said:
masonphillip said:
cgilmo said:

Won't be necessary by clicking on purchase you'll be able to see how many have been purchased.

Its gonna be interesting to see how many are bought off the bat (tonight), compared to over the next 30 days.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
LLWesMan said:
bballcardkid said:
masonphillip said:
cgilmo said:

By posting an SP list on the website, it will make an official announcement from Razor as to the quantity of each card produced instead of useless speculation 2-3 years from now.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
I remember Brian saying that he would reveal which were short printed in the Exclusives Autos in Razor Series 1. Was that ever revealed (besides him saying that Brett Wallace was very limited)???

Going by the success of Playoff Contenders and their SPs, will you reveal the actual quantity that remains? Having some sort of proof that the unsold chrome cards are destroyed would add instant credibility. I hope you do answer this as you've always been prompt with replies. This is very important to me and everyone else because it would be a shame to buy these cards and find out 855 Che-Hsuan Lin cards are being sold out the back door. Please don't take any offense to this as I would ask this question to any manufacturer if they sold their product directly in THEIR eBay store.

Thanks,
Allen

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Bruin7 said:
I remember Brian saying that he would reveal which were short printed in the Exclusives Autos in Razor Series 1. Was that ever revealed (besides him saying that Brett Lawrie was very limited)???

Fixed.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Bruin7 said:
I remember Brian saying that he would reveal which were short printed in the Exclusives Autos in Razor Series 1. Was that ever revealed (besides him saying that Brett Wallace was very limited)???

Going by the success of Playoff Contenders and their SPs, will you reveal the actual quantity that remains? Having some sort of proof that the unsold chrome cards are destroyed would add instant credibility. I hope you do answer this as you've always been prompt with replies. This is very important to me and everyone else because it would be a shame to buy these cards and find out 855 Che-Hsuan Lin cards are being sold out the back door. Please don't take any offense to this as I would ask this question to any manufacturer if they sold their product directly in THEIR eBay store.

Thanks,
Allen

I'd like to see that list.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Jaypers said:
Bruin7 said:
I remember Brian saying that he would reveal which were short printed in the Exclusives Autos in Razor Series 1. Was that ever revealed (besides him saying that Brett Lawrie was very limited)???

Fixed.

I always get them mixed up when I'm typing. Thanks JP.

Allen

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Without serial-numbering, I could tell you that 500 of something was released...how would you know if it wasn't 700?

You wouldn't.

Not implying that this will happen, but anything is plausible when you leave the door of doubt open.

brad1313

Jan 2, 2009
So does this mean that Razor Metal won't be a pit.com product like originally (I thought) planned? Sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts