Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Second subset scanned and pics uploaded into my registry so will post this Clemens subset scans today as well
This is the 2004 PRIME CUTS MLB ICONS #70 YANKEES versions

There are 6 cards total, one is a 1/1 Proof, so 5 most can own, I have 3 missing 2 again- an easy Base version and a much harder Auto/10 base version

I have to slab the dual combo item below, and the extra raw Prime Signature helped another Clemens collector out dealing it to him. After this I will need a few days to scan the next few ,as the #82 Red Sox and #86 Yankees versions have quite a few variations. Since I am off- its a priority.
full.jpg
full.jpg

This was the dupe I had , and the Combo Prime I need to get graded and in my registry
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Good stuff as always Jeff. Nice to see you back and posting slabs and breaking boxes. Hope all is well.

Thanks Josh :cool: Haven't been the same the last 4 months , still have some midsection paresthesia with the pains coming & going - mostly a nuisance but at times quite painful especially when my spine gets a kick.

Next up in the 2004 Prime Cuts inventory scans is the 2004 PRIME CUTS #82 TIMELINES RED SOX series which celebrates career milestones / awards. The set up of the series is confusing, and without knowing what you need card wise, trust me you'll get lost buying dupes. Also helps to know what your looking at on eBay with scans being total crap by most sellers

There are 25 cards total, of which 11 are 1/1 items, so 14 you can collect. I own 11 of them, with the last 3 being very difficult- two # to 5 and one # to 10

Even the base series cards on this # are difficult. Collectors would need them in front of them to figure out what they owned. The #82 BASE item cards had Bronze # to 50, Silver # to 25, and Gold # to 10. I have the first two, missing the Gold base item # to 10
The Combo dual cards came in two flavors for Clemens- Base Timeline ( looks like downward arrows) and CY
All of them celebrate his CY young award season of 1991.

More to follow doing 4 at a time while handling other projects as always
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The next scans cover the other dual combo piece and his Position card. On the dupe card I slabbed the 2nd Gem without remembering I owned the 1st. And the first uniform # Gem is # 21/21 ( jersey number) so that one's staying here. The 2nd Gem of that ( #13/21) can go elsewhere to another collector
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The last series of 5 cards were by far and large the most expensive and difficult to find and obtain
A matter of being patient, thinking long term instead of short term, and picking and choosing my various battles very wisely

The first card was the easiest- numbered to 21 there's been 3 or 4 on eBay since release. Thought owning # 03/21 was very fitting ( 3 piece card #3- get it?)

The Trio MVP (I own #05/05) and Trio Stats (I own #01/05) - both numbered to just 5 each - perhaps 2 versions each have shown- I snagged mine when seen. Both cost me in excess of $100+ each. It's a matter of having money available at the right times- by no means was or am I rich. I do believe I have seen one other Quad version also numbered to 5. The one I own is # 01/05 and cost me just shy of $200 many moons ago

Never seen the #82 Quad Prime Jsy pieces # to 5 I am missing, nor have I seen the #82 Gold Auto # to 5 I am missing
Not that I've looked hard the last 5 years haven't really been buying- mostly selling and emptying storage units
I do have a few at BGS getting slabbed I'll show when they return and as I catch up
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
I'll scan the # 86 YANKEES versions in a bit = busting some boxes so I can see my floor again and get the leftovers mailed out

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I always liked the timeline set. I actually just picked up a Puckett jersey card from it that had eluded me.
Ditto- just picked up a Prime Jersey piece numbered to 5 that had eluded me as well :D
Strangely a 2nd copy just appeared on COMC- none forever now two in a week

full.jpg

Last card number on the 2004 Prime Cuts series scans is the 2004 PRIME CUTS TIMELINE # 86 ROGER CLEMENS YANKEES . Will show the ones I have slabbed so far. As usual have a dupe item since I lost track when slabbing

There are 15 cards total of which 6 are 1/1 labeled. So there is 9 cards you can collect. I have 6 of the 9 possible.
I am missing the base slabbed ( have it just not slabbed as I do base cards last) and needs to find a better condition silver

The only 3 I am missing are ALL numbered to just 5 - so its a long haul there just gotta wait until they show ( and win)
If I remember correctly the Prime combo cost me quite a bit for a non- auto card

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

And a pic of the dupe slab Century Gold
full.jpg

Latest posts