Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Good stuff as always Jeff. Nice to see you back and posting slabs and breaking boxes. Hope all is well.

Thanks Josh :cool: Haven't been the same the last 4 months , still have some midsection paresthesia with the pains coming & going - mostly a nuisance but at times quite painful especially when my spine gets a kick.

Next up in the 2004 Prime Cuts inventory scans is the 2004 PRIME CUTS #82 TIMELINES RED SOX series which celebrates career milestones / awards. The set up of the series is confusing, and without knowing what you need card wise, trust me you'll get lost buying dupes. Also helps to know what your looking at on eBay with scans being total crap by most sellers

There are 25 cards total, of which 11 are 1/1 items, so 14 you can collect. I own 11 of them, with the last 3 being very difficult- two # to 5 and one # to 10

Even the base series cards on this # are difficult. Collectors would need them in front of them to figure out what they owned. The #82 BASE item cards had Bronze # to 50, Silver # to 25, and Gold # to 10. I have the first two, missing the Gold base item # to 10
The Combo dual cards came in two flavors for Clemens- Base Timeline ( looks like downward arrows) and CY
All of them celebrate his CY young award season of 1991.

More to follow doing 4 at a time while handling other projects as always
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The next scans cover the other dual combo piece and his Position card. On the dupe card I slabbed the 2nd Gem without remembering I owned the 1st. And the first uniform # Gem is # 21/21 ( jersey number) so that one's staying here. The 2nd Gem of that ( #13/21) can go elsewhere to another collector
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The last series of 5 cards were by far and large the most expensive and difficult to find and obtain
A matter of being patient, thinking long term instead of short term, and picking and choosing my various battles very wisely

The first card was the easiest- numbered to 21 there's been 3 or 4 on eBay since release. Thought owning # 03/21 was very fitting ( 3 piece card #3- get it?)

The Trio MVP (I own #05/05) and Trio Stats (I own #01/05) - both numbered to just 5 each - perhaps 2 versions each have shown- I snagged mine when seen. Both cost me in excess of $100+ each. It's a matter of having money available at the right times- by no means was or am I rich. I do believe I have seen one other Quad version also numbered to 5. The one I own is # 01/05 and cost me just shy of $200 many moons ago

Never seen the #82 Quad Prime Jsy pieces # to 5 I am missing, nor have I seen the #82 Gold Auto # to 5 I am missing
Not that I've looked hard the last 5 years haven't really been buying- mostly selling and emptying storage units
I do have a few at BGS getting slabbed I'll show when they return and as I catch up
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
I'll scan the # 86 YANKEES versions in a bit = busting some boxes so I can see my floor again and get the leftovers mailed out

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I always liked the timeline set. I actually just picked up a Puckett jersey card from it that had eluded me.
Ditto- just picked up a Prime Jersey piece numbered to 5 that had eluded me as well :D
Strangely a 2nd copy just appeared on COMC- none forever now two in a week

full.jpg

Last card number on the 2004 Prime Cuts series scans is the 2004 PRIME CUTS TIMELINE # 86 ROGER CLEMENS YANKEES . Will show the ones I have slabbed so far. As usual have a dupe item since I lost track when slabbing

There are 15 cards total of which 6 are 1/1 labeled. So there is 9 cards you can collect. I have 6 of the 9 possible.
I am missing the base slabbed ( have it just not slabbed as I do base cards last) and needs to find a better condition silver

The only 3 I am missing are ALL numbered to just 5 - so its a long haul there just gotta wait until they show ( and win)
If I remember correctly the Prime combo cost me quite a bit for a non- auto card

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

And a pic of the dupe slab Century Gold
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next up on the scan list is the 2004 PLAYOFF PRESTIGE series. An interesting series if there ever was one.
Lotsa of cool inserts, numbered parallels ,die cuts, game used etc. Hideki Matsui was the top rookie back then
I sorta ignored this series as Prime Cuts had my attention. Still plugging base holes and the occasional game used

Missing a number of items including numerous low # parallels so I'll just show off a few slabbed
I do have a bunch of holofoil #/100 or less at BGS . Also own a uniform numbered dual holofoil #22/75 I'll be getting rid of since I own a strong Gem 9.5 already

Set info can be found here 2004 PRESTIGE BASEBALL

Below is what I have slabbed so far. Got lucky on the dual prime piece - poorly titled back then
Somewhere my Xtra Points are buried also have to slab those sometime soon

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The next series up is my 2004 PLAYOFF HONORS stuff. So far all I've tried slabbing is serial # items. There's a lot to do
as far as slabbing the jersey items and all the base / inserts. This was a unique series. I did like box busts of this as it gave some cheap game used and serial number stuff. The type of box break that did not break the bank nor deter future buys. My kind of box. Didn't have to be flashy just provide some variations and mixed stuff. Think this set has like 20 subsets.

A little miffed I can't find my thick Stat Champs Jersey Prime, but I'll scan it when I find it again
Spent half hour looking for it, I am not wasting any more time than that on it

Info on the set can be found here 2004 PLAYOFF HONORS BASEBALL

On the Players Collection Jerseys, there is both an Away version ( #80) showcasing the Away Grays,
and a Home version ( #81) showcasing the Home Pinstripes. Got it ?? Confused me when they first came out that's for sure. Made me look a wee bit harder at what I was buying back then. Think the only reason that Blue Number version was slabbed even though its higher numbered was as a bulk sub filler. I tend to mix low #, autos, jerseys etc into a sub.
I have probably 20+ of the base / inserts to slab still but they can wait

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK so more slabs for inventory girl. One from 2005 Donruss that I found, two from 2004 Leather & Lumber, and the last from a set I don't think I've subbed even a single other card from - 2004 National Pastime. Self explanatory and won't be linking any set info. Can barely see it but the Pastime patch is # 10/26 . The Clemens / Piazza byplay was a well used theme of 2000-2005 game used. My Lumber slabs are abused man are those in rough shape !

More to follow I'm being hounded again for scans after being sick for 3 months. Gotta love getting better just to be punished again :sick: o_O

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next up on slab scan list is the 2004 LEAF PLAYER COLLECTION sub-series. Not sure why this is where it is in the registry but it has its own section. Comprised of both Away Grey Jerseys and Home Pinstripe Jerseys

Look familiar? It should- like Prestige these Player Collection jerseys were spread across the entire product lines
The 81 Platinum is the one I found they labeled as "Prestige" months ago. Its back from the label being fixed.
Missing just the base Green # 80 = not sure why I have one slabbed but not the other

There are some knick knack slabs I'll refrain from posting until I gather more of the series.
Next series after this one is a doozy- 2004 Leaf Limited- that ones gonna take scan time for sure :)
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Interrupting my Clemens slabs for some new BGS slab returns

My friend Greg is buying all the Brees from me
And my friend Rodger and I already had an agreed deal on the ultra modern BC stuff
Suffice to say- quite a bit of my healthcare bills wiped out now with those BC items !
Before someone asks- down to just below $40k+ left in healthcare bills
Should be done by end of 2022 at this rate

My buddy JP would be proud of how well I eye graded the ultra modern. Not my forte to say the least

If only the rest of my backlog could have only done as well
You'll see- looked like a Halloween massacre in some areas

As I had agreements for some sales already = I am blacking out the serial info and not scanning backs
If they care to- let them post them wherever they want. I made sales is all I cared about

I'll scan my stuff and my other resale though since I own it still
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Got a bunch of long awaited subs back- shipped a few off to new homes as gotta pay lots of medical off
Took a while to find the issue on the Griffey Foot Locker ( surface defect hidden in his shoulder) as it was slightly off L-R and on back. Fairly graded lot each had minor issues.

More to follow I am trying to catch up on scans for selling and inventory purposes
The Team Nucleus is an overlooked series love them- have a Clemens Red Sox Gem 9.5 myself that has him, Vaughn and Canseco on it,
The Thunder Turbo Charged is actually see through= didn't scan well on my black background

All the Brees sold to one guy on the BGS registry. Got more PSA Brees in my pipeline there as well
Got my slab fees back and a little extra quid to pay bills, enough to justify the subs

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some slab scans for the Clemens PC inventory for inventory girl. I went to put the new slabs in- apparently the BGS registry isn't working right ( again)
Emailed who I had to already. They are looking at it. Anyways these are a few slabs from my 2005 STUDIO series
I have yet to sub any of the Portraits series from it , so these are just a few inserts. The Portraits series subs will be in quite a bit when I get time

You can get info on the series here at 2005 STUDIO BASEBALL

The Diamond Cuts and Die Cut were base inserts, while the proofs were a little harder to pull
I don't believe I ever purchased any 2005 Studio boxes. Think these all were bought online.
Believe I was wasting all my $$ when they came out on the 2005 UD HOF series tins and the Portraits series difficulty really didn't hit me properly

Will get rid of the dupe Gold proof and keep the #05/25 one. I have another DC item somewhere
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Some slab scans for the Clemens PC inventory for inventory girl. I went to put the new slabs in- apparently the BGS registry isn't working right ( again)
Emailed who I had to already. They are looking at it. Anyways these are a few slabs from my 2005 STUDIO series
I have yet to sub any of the Portraits series from it , so these are just a few inserts. The Portraits series subs will be in quite a bit when I get time

You can get info on the series here at 2005 STUDIO BASEBALL

The Diamond Cuts and Die Cut were base inserts, while the proofs were a little harder to pull
I don't believe I ever purchased any 2005 Studio boxes. Think these all were bought online.
Believe I was wasting all my $$ when they came out on the 2005 UD HOF series tins and the Portraits series difficulty really didn't hit me properly

Will get rid of the dupe Gold proof and keep the #05/25 one. I have another DC item somewhere
View attachment 314409
View attachment 314410
View attachment 314411
View attachment 314412
Did you break a lot of 05 UD HOF? One of my favorite sets. Did you ever hit any Puckett cards?

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Josh the answers gonna be the same as the box break thread- yes but sold them all back then I run across any I miss you'll be the first I notify

More slabs catch up. Up late today to handle feebay and scan stuff so I can rest a few days before newest doc visit Thursday

The Kopech was the second of five 2019 Topps On Demand Pink Mini I sent in
Chipped reverse edges and one soft corner- as expected grade wise
The Andrew Finest the latest in a line of Andrew slabs I am selling- closing my BGS registry down of his

The three Emmitt Smith promo's are from a bunch of 1990's baseball and football promo's been subbing to BGS & PSA
Disappointed in the 93 Playoff grade, but hey a cross country trip and nearly 30 years toting around will do that
The Pro Set and Action Packed Prototype grades were as expected most of my stuff I try and keep in original shape
Don't always succeed but I do try

The Brady was from a lot of Ultra modern I bought Covid start of 2020 on a cheap deal , one thats paid for itself 10x over now
Sent some to PSA , the base items mostly to BGS
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

And a story on the Biggio Inverted below - been starting to divest myself of sets to pay off healthcare and lessen storage unit costs
I saw it needed a new slab as the old one was scratched up
See pic # 1 ? Was staring at the card while I was doing to the BGS entry- when I realized it was mislabeled
It's the INVERTED version where the rookie is big and the veteran is small
Same thing had happened on my Nomar PSA slabs !! One of these days I'll figure out why I own so many mislabeled inverteds
Oh wait- I bought them back when knowing they were mislabeled- duh !! Just now got it back- correctly labeled
WRONG LABEL
full.jpg

CORRECT LABEL
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More scans caught up. Mentioned that Andruw slab last post and thought I posted. Apparently skipped so here it is
Also a few more slabs back. The two Finest are from the 2007 Finest baseball box from my storage I broke last year
Halladay is a Pop 1 none higher, the Ichiro has got 4 other Gems
The Brady is a Pop 1 so far
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More backlog slabs scanned. A couple of base numbered insert Clemens registry add ins.
The Beckett Media IT crew still hasn't fixed the registry points issue on single grade cards yet that somehow started a few weeks ago. A bummer but its at least being looked at. Also 4 more Emmitt Promo cards from the 1990's slabbed and back
Tough to get the promos in great shape. They used to mail them to dealer in PWE , or in flat envelopes in top loads
No bubble mailer well protected. The fact they arrived back then in any type of decent shape is a miracle
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
the amount of Clemens stuff in this thread is phenomonal! you have an amazing cache of cards. I cant even fathom the $$ this stuff took to own.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
the amount of Clemens stuff in this thread is phenomonal! you have an amazing cache of cards. I cant even fathom the $$ this stuff took to own.

That comment just cost me lunch when my wife saw it 🤨 Sigh, don't remind me.

More for inventory girl, these starting out the 2004 LEAF LIMITED series. If ever there was a series collectors chases, Leaf Limited's gotta be up there for top ten position. Game used, inserts, autos, chase cards- has it all. Price tag to match as well- my wife used to merely look at me and I'd be transferring money back that way after she saw the bills. Couldn't be helped every Clemens collector there is likes this series. You saw 2005 versions the 2004 versions were fairly similar and just as nice on the eyes

Info on the series is located here 2004 LEAF LIMITED

Now- if you were chasing boxes- the base/spotlight previews were available only in the 2004 Leaf boxes
Which also contained other inserts like the Studio series

Anyways - below are the start of the inventory scans. Numerical order is how they will come across i.e. 2, 10,11 etc etc etc
I know the Silver Spotlights at BGS because I sent it there last year
Gold's been slabbed over 10 years now not sure why the Silver sat in my piles.
Was unable to snag #21 on the Red Sox number one, but did snag his Yankees uni #22 on the other end at least
The Player Threads Triple just happy to find a copy. I could make the pics clearer with my camera but that's time consuming

I just got more slabs back I need to scan so that will take inventory time away as always
Busy season for docs and work so limited time lately for online stuff sorry
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Members online

Latest posts