Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Good looking cards.. Glad to see these coming back with decent grades
The last group in Weds was all 9's and one lone 10. Although a few mint 9 I was fine with based on teh series and stuff rest were feebay material.
Was happy with the Classic Green Backs and the jerseys and a few odd & ends rest were just quick subs that didn't pan out--will sell at a loss if I have to :(

Now going to show some stuff I've been waiting to slab for a while- PC stuff
Clemens registry finally being worked on after 3 years of not being worked on :grin:

Next one brings personal satisfaction to me as it completes the protection of 1 subseries
Anyone who has worked on the Absolute series can attest to being happy to complete even 1 subset

2005 Absolute Tools of the Trade Prime Pieces- Red Sox # 21

This subset has 3 pieces-- a dual # to 100 , a Triple Prime # to just 15, and a Quad Prime # to 5
I don't expect to get the 1/1 nor do I care if I do - far as I'm concerned I completed the subseries I wanted

Below is the last piece to come in. Amazingly I had the Quad Prime # to 5 slabbed first before the other 2 - go figure !!
Not surprised as back then I bought low # stuff first then filled in the blanks afterwards
Afterwards in this case meant waiting 10+ years for the Triple # to 15 to show :(

Without further ado. I'm cool with the grade I only cared about protetcing the item from future damages

And his brothers the Dual and the Quad

This next 2005 Absolute sub series is also now complete in my mind

2005 Absolute Tools of the Trade Swatch Prime Black # 175

There is a Single and a Double Prime Black-- both a 1/1 and not a concern to me
I never worry about 1/1 if I can get one great if not no loss of sleep

So that leaves the other two-- The Triple and the Quad
Both of which are numbered to just 5 apiece

I somehow acquired two of the Triple Prime pieces 8 years apart
Just recently last year acquired the Quad Prime piece

So another one completed and protected now-- wihout further ado the Prime Black Swatch # 175 subseries

And his brothers already slabbed

OK this next series is the 2005 Absolute Tools of the Trade Swatch Prime Red # 175

There is a Double Prime Red 175 # to just 5
There is a Triple Prime Red 175 # to just 10
There is a Quad prime Red 175 # to just 10

I have yet to see any of them over the years- until last November
After a 13 year wait-- up one finally pops.
The Double Prime Red # to 5 popped up. I wiz thru my cards, wiz thru my registry- nope- don't seem to have it

As usual I seem to knock off the lowest # first and wait on the others for some reason
And the condition-- just gravy
Search continues for the two numbered to 10

More to follow folks while I catch up on scanning

Jeff

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Finally got around to slabbing this one after 3 years

Completes the 2004 Leaf Limited Button series for # 135 (Astros) / # 182 (Red Sox) / and # 190 (Yankees)
Sheer dumb luck of being in right place and right time with the right group of friends
Always eems these buttons came up right after I spent that months budget

Forever grateful to two posters who aren't around much - Roy [MENTION=2060]Roy Birchler[/MENTION] and Amy [MENTION=2997]aprimo[/MENTION]
Without [MENTION=1802]Pinbreaker[/MENTION] like usual the last one either
All 3 helped me obtain the #1 versions-- what this hobbies all about far as I'm concerned :grouphug:

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A couple new Nomars back from BGS- should be getting more back soon as well as some Clemens

Got a Clemens panel back also but doesn't fit my scanner gotta wait til wifey wakes up and can send me the picture

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Got a Clemens panel back the size of a panel truck :)
It's huge- they used the magazine slab -- can't say I like the slab size maybe cut it in half ??
There has to be dozens of thin panels like this out there to justify the cost of producing one

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Back on Day 2 of my " 365 Days of Red Sox" posts made a few short comments on this next one. One of these days in the near future will need to dig up the background on that series. Just got this one back from grading. As you know they had multiple tiers / levels and your player might be in multiple winner groups. Clemens is in the C group and on the ABCD winner as well. I also believe he's on teh A error one as well.

Haven't sent in my C winner or A errors yet getting the big boy out first. Thought it could gem- missed some surface flaws
Oh well Mint is fine :)

Checking into whether PSA will slab the various winner unopened packs- not sure yet

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Finally slabbed the " Ball" Hoggs version well after my autographed Boss Hoggs version

Goes with my auto Boss Hoggs version

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A couple more for the 2005 Prime Cuts slabbed.Anyone who does this series knows its never ending
These are for the Yankees version Timelines # 10 subseries

The Material CY Home/Road Jersey # to just 25
The Material Jersey Number # to just 10

I'll have to figure out how many of the Timelines T10 subseries I have
Whole problem with that subset is everything is low numbered
I mean EVERYTHING is a pain to locate still working on it 14 years later own a ton just have to slab them
Still finding low # one spopping up on feebay I need as well

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I was recently able to slab 3 others from the 2005 Prime Cuts Timelines Red Sox # T27subseries
Trying to stay on top of the Prime Cuts slabbing as I really, really need to stop subbing / buying duplicates :(
I have a bunch of the # to 50 items I haven't slabbed yet lower # take priority
As stated prior these low numbered items n this series takes years to complete I am slabbing stuff I own but am
still looking for a whole bunch of low # stuff that just doesnt come up often ( or at a fair price point)
And while some people would be disappointed in that prime piece with just a small smidge of patch showing- I'm not
To me I look for plain vanilla patches rather than the 'eye popper' type. More authentic the plainer it appears -least to me

I'll have to locate my recent other slabs that came back also- need to do inventory ( again) on what I still need

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Added 2 more slabbed 2005 Prime Cuts #91 to the stable. Still slabbing the low # stuff first
More to be scanned today as I make insurance people happy

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Normally don't venture out of my PSA / BGS comfort zone but if I see something I like I will. Saw this SGC lot and snatched it up immediately
Clemens going to BGS as well as a Garciaparra. Keeping 1 Garciaparra as is as I already own a PSA slabbed version

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Scanning to make the insurance folks happy- more stuff going to storage in the morning.

If you know anything about Tek Golds you know foiling /surface flaws are the issues that prevents high grades
No different on these 2. Did not realize it but the 8/10 one is a dupe-just saw I had 5/10 when I entered my registry
Ah well,,,, maybe trade it later with another Clemens person

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
One more BGS slab tried sliding by me- last one before I move on to my PSA sub then back to another BGS sub that just came back.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
First group of PSA slabs scanned. The Chipper if you've been watching my break thread was pulled from a 2007 Bowman Chrome box
Surprised on the 10 expected a 9. The Fournette folks is pure joy. It came as part of a FREE group of Panini Pack a Day sent from ebay

I bought an item from a seller and he sent a few packs along. Busted them and out that Wind Chimes # 13/25 popped. Subbed it right away :)

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The absolute BEST centered Puckett I've seen in the 30+ years worth of Baseballs Best I've broken
Thats no understatment- I've cracked 300+ individual boxes worth of this stuff looking for the best centered examples
Take out printing issues that occurred from not wiping down the press this would be the bext 10 you'd ever see.

And while it can't be seen well in that photo why it did not gem I blew it up to show it as I'm reselling so I want people to see why
As you can see someone didn't wipe teh press of- smearing occurred and hence surface issue. The only defect I see on the card at all

While I'd love to have had it in a BGS slab I don't collect him so PSA for resale it is
Below is the Clemens I've owned for years for comparison
The Puckett is a spot on 10 for centering = Clemens is great but slightly off

Will scan more in a bit have to get my feebay stuff handled insurance stuff done

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Many years ago- almost a dozen- I moved cross country here to Vegas for a) better weather and b) more enjoyable work. I had to shove a whole bunch of stuff into multiple storage units and was only able to pack enough to completely fill my Toyota Camry to the gills. Somehow shoved six 5000 count boxes into my back seat area and drove 2800+ miles here. Once I found a pad I rented a storage unit and into the unit went these boxes along with a metal storage cabinet so they'd stay dry and safe. Fast forward to early this year when I decide to upgrade my pad and relocate. Newer pad is great so I decide hey let's upgrade it all so I can get back to doing my cards again like I used to. I take out one 5000 ct box and start going thru it. I realize its all 1980's stuff I've relocated from MA to CT and now to Vegas.

A bunch gets separated and sent out to the Team Collectors and roughly 400 or so I decide to grade. Batch 1 has just come back in the latest PSA sub
Was happy to see that despite dragging these cards around since the mid 80's I was STILL able to keep them in good shape :)

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Ok folks more stuff scanned this morning. These came from several recent box breaks I took part in
I'm sure [MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION] will appreciate all the Astros autos :)

What I really like about 2019 Stadium Club autos is the on card aspect. While I dotn collect post-2007
I occasionally will make exceptions for certain stuff

Members online

Latest posts