Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benbabs

Oct 29, 2020
Always cool stuff. Probably my favorite thread. The home opener souvenirs are def great cards and up there with fleer ex credentials as some of best of all time.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Appreciate the thoughts. Inventory is never fun but necessary. Heading to sleep and will do more scans Weds as Mon/Tues are impossible due to work/ebay/docs but I found 2 cards in this box both bringing back some memories. Back when 2013 Spectra came out I bought a few cards online as I wanted to maybe see what the football card market did on a few investments. Back then Matt Barkley was a big deal. Little did I know the guy next to him would turn out as good as he has !!
Will list this one soon as I don't hang on to football no matter who is on it Emerald Patch or not.

And the Namath was a gift from a subbing friend- still own it of course :cool:

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Been waiting nearly 2 weeks now for USPS to deliver my medium flat rate box delivery of 3 packs (25 ea) so I can ship stuff out. About ready to go down and spend an hour in line just to get restocked. Spending down time scanning beween doc visits today

So I bought two boxes back to storage and took 2 more back here. Lo and behold found some updates and scanned them in. The missing 2000 Aurora Scouting Report, plus the two missing 2006 SPA By the Letter Signatures, and the Ultimate Team Material Auto. Also found my 2007 Premier Clemens/Maddux Dual Platinum Patch piece with another crew of Premier slabs I'll scan in later. And a 2007 Sweet Spot Patch that should have been reconnected to that 2007 Sweet Spot series of Glove/Bat autos I showed 2 weeks ago. Add in both my Platinum 2004 Flair Game Used and Die Cut versions and this cleans up about 7 missing slab areas !!

All scans done and they went inside before the boxes hit storage. Scans below. The next box has a huge set inside and lots of goodies. Will scan what I can more doc visits today. Tomorrow finally is free and I got lots of stuff to mail and handle

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK folks this next series was both a joy to start and so far a pain to try and complete. It was and is one of my favorite UD products though and I do believe I have at least 3 boxes in storage waiting to be opened. Love, love, love the series as infuriating as it can be.Tons and tons of game used colored variations along with supersize swatches, dual, triple, quad and Awesome 8 pieces and autos all mixed in. This set also contains some Epic Barrels- and I'm talking monster bat barrels. Great looking stuff I love seeing also !!

Massive set though- still slabbing pieces here and there. So begins the start of my 2006 Upper Deck Epic Series ( trust me they named this appropriately) Good info as always can be found at baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2006_Upper_Deck_Epic
When I'm able will fact check that sites Clemens info and make sure its accurate.

Roger Clemens has 3 cards in the series that have materials - labeled RC1, RC2, and RC3. All three come in a variety of flavors. You will see the below flavoring for all except the some of the SP items folks ( plenty of short prints in this set- varies with player). Going downwards in the color / flavor types

Dark Orange / 155
Light Orange / 155
Dark Purple / 145
Light Purple / 145
Blue / 99
Teal / 99
Green / 75
Dark Green / 50
Grey / 40
Gold / 25

Collectors of this series know that they really, really have to know what they are looking at, and get good scans of stuff to make sure they do not duplicate purchases of similar colors. As an example, I thought I'd show off two of the most common error items - the Light and Dark Orange / Purple variations. Understand folks even the pros who look at this stuff make errors. I keep finding errors in stuff I glossed over years ago that years of dealing with this Epic set has taught me.

A little hint- applies to any color variation. If an item has both Light and Dark variations, there is probably mere subtle printing differences in the ink's involved. Here's a quick synopsis with pics and interesting stuff that someone in the industry pointed me towards once that helped me understand how the processes worked and how the color changes occurred without getting technical to the extreme PRINTING COLOR METHODOLOGY

Dark Orange will have more reddish hue due to the magenta added. This also occurs on the Dark Purple variations. There will be be a darker, reddish hue to the Dark versions. I've included some photos. Looking at the fronts- tough to tell even with the best scanners. I always, always, always want BACK pictures when buying Epic stuff. I will even pay extra if the person had to scan stuff so I could tell the differences and I needed an item (my reward for clarifying its what I needed).

full

full

full

full

Becomes a LOT easier huh when you can actually look at exemplars that are correctly identified= and then see what your buying. Of course folks this set also has shown multiple people to be color blind ,who did not know they were color blind to specific colors . I will scan more as the day progresses but here is my first batch

First up will be my slabbed Epic RC1 Game Used versions. I have a bunch raw I still need to get to slab haven't slabbed much Clemens the last few years. Think I only need a Green and the Signature/Pants/5 version and this will be done

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next up is my Epic RC2 game used versions. Think I only need a Dark Green and the Signature/Pants/5 version and this will be done also just have to slab my raw stuff once again. Way, way behind subbing PC stuff on Clemens

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Last but not least tonite is my RC3 versions and I think I only need a Dark Green to be slabbed on this one and I am done. Have to locate the signature and scan it again. Note the incorrectly identified Light Orange Gem 9.5 below -- its going in to be corrected

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

And somewhere buried where I will need to res-can it is below. I will do the double, triple etc later when I wake
full

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Love how 2006 UD Epic looks, but making parallels with very slight color differences numbered to the same amount was needlessly sadistic. I picked up one version of the two Reggie Jackson A's jersey cards in the set and called it a day. If I could do it over again I'd go after the Green/75 version for them but eh, already have these and there are plenty of other cards out there to chase.

reggie06udepicjersey1.jpg reggie06udepicjersey2.jpg

I think it's funny that with all of those parallels of the GU cards, the base cards in the set don't have any parallels other than printing plates.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Understood @Dilferules I never try making sense of UD thought process back then or now. It would have been cool for a few color parallels on the base stuff. Give everyone something to go for. And speaking of BASE items see below the two slabbed base cards and - printing plate versions of the 3rd one EE83 base card I know I haven't slabbed yet :confused::confused:

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Up next is start of the Double, Triple, Quad an Octo pieces from that 2006 Epic series
I already owned the first CJ pairings Gem item just threw another on a 2nd sub back then as it looked good
Turned out to be an upgrade. Happy to have it, but frankly don't need two of them so putting in my dupe to sell pile
Oh and I almost forgot about the Jumbo Epic Swatch so that one's below also

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Below are my Triples and the Quad Foursome Fabrics. With 50 available one day would like to upgrade the Foursome
I can tell you it was always a fight bidding against Gibson, Johnson, and Ryan collectors on these 👿 always cost me a lot of extra money sadly

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So to finish up the 2006 Epic series- the big boys- both Awesome 8 GU items from the series with Clemens
Because he was pictured on the back of the CHGW piece , I paid extra to have him showing on the front
Hence the difference in the two pieces where the cert sticker is placed. Somewhere buried in a box should be both COA cards
I have a bunch of cleanup slabs to get scanned, then have another doc visit this afternoon

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
My missing Epic signature sent me to my storage again after today's doc appointment as it bugged me it wasn't with the others. Found the signature inside a football marked box along with my missing 15 or so post 2006 slabs been wanting to look for. Scanning now to update the various files and registry and notified my insurance gal about it. Going to be a busy next 30 days around here, so trying to get this all done before January's nightmare begins ( more on that later). The last 4 hours have really gone by quickly I need to slow down. Thankfully scanning will relax me for a bit before I pack stuff up. Finally got my flat rate box delivery after 11 business days waiting.

Below is the first 4 scans the missing four Premiers I re-scanned now and updated

full

full

full

full

The signature I scanned earlier was the Gold Sig Number # 04/22 = this ones the base # 43/45

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More scans as I found more in that same football box. My missing two 2007 Sportkings pieces including that National 1/1 Silver Patch and the other single memorabilia. Along with that missing 2007 Ultimate Champions Signature Auto #06/10 that was bugging me as missing- til now. More to follow I am scanning , listening to music to relax, and will post pics as I can . Not really gonna care how late it is tonite will be posting most of the night. I told this agent she best look tomorrow as I'll be hammering work out on all fronts the next 30 days, and she'll be working her butt off if I have to. I also located another missing 2007 set that needed scanning in the same box ( 2007 Upper Deck Predictor set) that belongs in the box I am on now.

Sadly the National 1/1 is a one off and can't be entered in my registry til they implement my fixes ( still waiting 4 years later)
full

full

full

Oh and while looking for the Epic Signature found another 2006 SPA Auto to go with those By The Letter items
The Verlander kid panned out pretty good aye ??
full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next scans are from a new series the 2007 Upper Deck Predictor series. A multi-colored entry that drives many player collectors nuts as the winners broke up their sets generally by team ,so you wind up overpaying just to pick up a player you want, then trying to sell the rest off. I found the easiest to pick up was the blue, and the last one I picked up was the Silver. Green & Purple were equal in difficulty. This will be my last scans for tonite been up for nearly 18 hours which for a diabetic is pretty good, so its time to tap out and sleep.

Good info as always located here 2007 UD PREDICTORS
full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So I found another 12 slabbed 2007 Premier items in that football box and now have them scanned in. Also spent time updating my registry. Amazing that I can own a slabbed item for 10-12 years and it still never got entered in. Its like I'm on perpetual "distraction" mode.

First up are the manufactured patches. Clemens has four that he is on. A "Rocket" version, a 7 CY Young version, a 300 Win version with Ryan, Maddux and Seaver, and a 4000K Version with Ryan and Johnson. Below are what I have so far slabbed. I haven't looked at a Premier Checklist in ages but believe I need 7-10 of these manufactured patches still. Still scanning will post the Rare Remnants stuff I located in that football box.

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The balance of the 2007 Premier slabs found are the Triple and Quad Rare Remnants versions
Always appreciated these cards as I loved the cutouts and think the subject itself was an appropriate cutout.
Weird that I'd have the Gold Maddux one, but not the base, musta missed something somewhere
I can always understand when I'm missing a low # platinum but base items make no sense
full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A group of loose slabs in the 2006 year time frame. Going to avoid scanning the Topps Cosigners as many came back less than 18 months ago and are scanned on the first 8-10 pages of the thread. Have really just added a few new and they've been prior posted just updated those scans.

The first 3 are a few unusual inserts ,with that Team Fleer being an unannounced short print many people overlooked initially. If you look at the pack odds the Team Fleer were the 2nd highest at 1:360 with just the Autographics being harder to pull from the retail only pack distribution. Got mine really early on when I noticed none were being listed and mine was the only one I saw at that particular time online

The other 2nd group are all WBC related loose slabs. They sort of compliment the Exquisite patch pieces and show actual uniforms the payers wore during that series

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Before I sleep and go to work completed the 2006 Ultimate series scans . A lot of low number items in these sets as always
Haven't looked in forever for any patches or stuff from this series either. Anyone see @MOFNY have Chris contact me
I'd like to see if he still owns a certain card he used to own I've wanted.

Info on the series as always 2006 ULTIMATE

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I have limited PC time due to wife being on my system so these will be it for now. I am discovering label errors left and right this year doing this inventory, so that's a good thing. Bad thing is I've sat on stuff years believing a hole is filled and while it clears one issue out, it may open another hole.

Next up is going to be the 2006 UD Special F/X series but I believe I have 6 of the base F/X cards not slabbed so these are just the colored inserts. Also a miscellaneous 2006 TriStar dual Auto. I do have the raw 2006 TriStar stuff including a game used item but since 2 of the 3 were base cards haven't slabbed those yet. Will post more tomorrow when I've been told I can use the PC longer

Purple # to /150, Green # to/99, and Red # to /50 still searching for my blue ( will buy one if you own one I own quite a few other blues in the series)

full

full

full

full