Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So I scanned these Dec 11th and never modified or uploaded to my registry. Course their registry hasn't worked right since this weekends site down time. Since we are now back into 2005 mind as well post them up. In 2005 Zenith made its return. Just like the 1990's this was a box I purchased= lots of love for these boxes. For Clemens he had both a Base and a Prime 2005 Zenith Spellbound version jersey series ,along with numerous other inserts like Epix and such . I decided to start by slabbing the Prime Spellbound versions right away. These all came from a fellow Clemens collector all at once who did the hard work for me of getting them gathered before he sold them.

They did base and Primes of Greg Maddux, Albert Pujols, and my guy Clemens. Why just 3 players- no idea.
Info on this set can be found here 2005 ZENITH
There's not much to go on but let's just say odds of finding a Prime version is fairly long statistically.

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
If I were to pick a set that is fought over like the side dishes at a Thanksgiving meal- 2005 Ultimate would be amongst a Top 5 contender. Low numbered, lots of game used and autos, great design, decent colors, patches- you name it this series has it. Its a set that drove me insane back then. Between Prime Cuts and this one- I couldn't make money fast enough to fill my set needs. In doing this inventory I discovered a dupe dual jersey piece. Just adding it to my sale pile. I believe the highest numbering on any cards are # to 25 most are 15 or less. Actually pretty far along considering its been a slow slog all these years.

Info on the set can be found here at 2005 ULTIMATE

Going to try and show off by player combos within this set since there are so many of them
After that will I show off the thicker Ultimate Materials, Triples, and Hurlers sub series.
First up will be the Dual material combos. To my knowledge 3 versions are available- Dual Jsy, Dual Patch, Dual Jsy/Sig
This will apply to all four players Clemens was with- Roy Oswalt (CO), Randy Johnson ( JC) Mark Prior ( PC) and Nolan Ryan ( RC). The Dual Materials and Patches generally have 15 copies available while the Signature Duals just 10 copies

First on the list is the Clemens/Oswalt versions (CO) which I have all 3 versions
full

full

full

Next up is the Johnson/Clemens (JC) duals. These are tough to win- some Randy Johnson collectors are completists and bid quite high. Maybe I'll get lucky one day and locate and buy the 2 missing items ( Patch and Dual Matl Sig). I do own two of the base materials items for some reason. The one I'm keeping is # 13/15 (selling the dupe #5/15 soon)
full

full

Down the line is the Prior /Clemens (PC) Dual Materials. Luckily Mark Prior collectors aren't crazy about paying a lot for his stuff. This should be complete with the Dual Material, Patch, and Dual Material/Sig. I apparently never registered the signature so just updated my registry
full

full

full

Last in the Dual Materials series is the Ryan / Clemens (RC) - and everyone knows how crazy the Ryan collectors can be. For some foolish reason I have the hardest to pick up ( the Dual Matl Signature) but not the base nor patch- go figure. Will need to locate those 2 missing items and get them purchased, if I can even find them available
full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
First of the following group of 2005 Ultimate items I'll show will be the Ultimate Materials items showcasing Clemens alone
There are a Material, Patch, and Patch Signature version of these landscape versions available which I've been able to complete. The Material and patch are # to 25 the Material /Auto to 10
full

full

full

Next up the list is the 2005 Ultimate Hurlers. This one is the toughest subset as there are just 2 of the Patch versions available. I own the Base # to 20 jersey and the hard to locate Auto/Jsy version # to 10 .
I do know that fellow FCB collector @Donutme owns the # 2/2 Patch version not sure if he found the #1/2. I know I haven't looked in years for it. Also included below is the hard to locate Platinum Signature version- another card @Pinbreaker helped me with acquiring
full

full

full

The last 2 I found for my 2005 Ultimate is the Triple Materials WRC version, and a 2005 Ultimate Signature Clemens / Glavine. Haven't had the funds to purchase the 2005 Ultimate Signature Clemens when its become available set collectors bid it super high always. Its the most expensive single Clemens auto I know bar a few others even though 10 are available
full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Before showing off the next major series of items ( 2005 Topps Pristine and Timeless Treasures) down on the list there was a slew of knick knack slabs that needed to be scanned and updated so I did them. Some of these were fill ins on grading subs, a bunch I purchased from Justin @f2tornado , and a bunch either thru eBay or direct buys from people. The 2006 BC series haven't even sent the rest in, the Tuff stuff magazine insert was a direct eBay cheap buy, the 06UD Emerald I have the other Emerald one (#476) being slabbed, the UD American Flag # /15 was a low # add in.

The interesting one in the first four is the UD American Flag. I didn't even notice UD had put ot a special insert like that until a link was sent to be by a hobby friend watching out for me. I snagged it cheaper than I thought I needed to pay, and was glad I did. Also that 4000k Carlton Auto I'm not sure why I slabbed it authentic , but I will get a numerical on that one day.

full

full

full

full

full

Heading out for a lunch pickup and coming back for more scans

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The newest and next up on the list is the more harder to find 2005 Topps Pristine Rare relics. These are not the basic base items but the more rare Pristine inserts from the 2005 set. I have a bunch of base jersey and items numbered that not slabbed yet. I was more intent on finishing these. I still need one more to complete the 5 different rare pieces. These boxes were expensive so I just waited for others to crack and I'd snatch up on eBay. Pristine has always had a great lineup of stuff but is very predictable and has its pros and cons like any set. These boxes had that hit or miss feel and were the last year for Pristine. They had bat knobs, lots of /1 and other great items inserted.

Info on the set can be found here 2005 TOPPS PRISTINE

However if you want to know the proper distribution ratio- Dave and Adams 2005 PRISTINE BOX has better info for the set including how the displays were set up

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Back to the $100 a tin four card subsets- slabs from the 2005 Timeless Treasures set are scanned below. Compared to 2004 I was very, very disappointed in this years set- thought it very dark.The colors were a total put off for me on a personal level not sure about anyone else. I still opened tins, but generally for a shot at one of the better hits to have eBay sales back then. I rarely pulled any Clemens had to buy them all on eBay. This was the type of tin if one of my fellow card shop guys were in the shop I'd crack and play " better hit wins". Not for the faint of heart its like betting $100 your poker hands better than theirs. These are not cheap to buy- even base items sell more expensive than normal
This is a series you'd don't worry about what the numbering is you buy whatever card appears to fill the hole. Lots of low numbered items

Info on the set is located here 2005 TIMELESS TREASURES

Up to bat first is the Home and Road Gamers Duos and Triples. Hard to see in pics but the Duos is # 01/10
The Trios base is # 10/10 and the Trios Prime # 09/10. Last year I bought a Duo #02/10 thinking it was a Prime version that turned out to be a base. Sold it to another fellow Clemens collector who has helped me along the way a m y way of giving back to the hobby
full

full

full

Next up his Rookie Year Materials subset.The Base is # to 100 the other two pieces are both # 01/05 just happy to own an example. The jersey is not from his rookie year its just the name of the subset. More to follow I have a lot going on today
full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Forward we move on the Timeless set. The Timeless set has a Signature subset. I somehow managed with help from Kevin @Pinbreaker like usual to complete it. The Bronze is # to 10, the Silver to just 5, and the Gold to 3. Not sure how or why the lower 2 are in Auth blue slabs ,but I'll get grades on them soon
full

full

full

Below are two more I have from the 2005 Timeless set. The Gem 9.5 I bought off eBay is a MISLABEL - its the base jersey/signature . Below it is the BGS 8.5 that is the actual prime version which I also own. Ones going back for relabel, the other for reslab its cracked. Prime version is quite easy to tell says PRIME right in the jersey piece up top. Both are low # to 5 each.
full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A couple miscellaneous slabs. Pardon me if shown a few months ago but inventory girl needs them in order that I am sending her lists . I picked up both the Topps Gem 9.5 slabs cheap on eBay. Shown the two SP Collection /SPX slabs before . The dual PSX featuring Piazza / Clemens is one of my favorites . I saw the #01/05 auto years ago but couldn't afford the price tag sadly. The Skybox Autographics Royal Insignia is a tough to find insert in that set.

Will pop out the 2005 Throwback Threads scans next

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So going downwards will show the 2005 Throwback Threads scans I'm sending insurance lady. About 5 years go a master set collector broke up his master set. As usual @Pinbreaker assisted on a few of these. The rest I handled. I liked the variety of colors the different subsets used in this series. Have a lot of base items and base jersey stuff to slab still. The Dynasty Prime is one of the few waistband labels I've seen on a prime piece put out by DLP. I honestly cannot remember buying a box of these will have to add to my list of boxes to purchase in the future just to experience opening one at least.

Info on the subsets can be found here 2005 THROWBACK THREADS

First up will be the Century Stars inserts. Can thank @Pinbreaker on these while he went for these, I went for the Dynasty Prime and the Player Timelines stuff when that master set got broken up and sold all at once. The fact that when I finally got around to buying the base material item its # 01/50 was just a nice add. When both Prime items came in I immediately took my loupe to them to investigate and confirm lack of tampering. Both are not touched or manipulated. At least under 35x magnification I see none of the normal tampering signs. A little concerning was the lack of auto mention on that auto but investigations shown that series did not mention it on the card backs it was all uniform related.

full

full

full

Next are the Dynasty material subset items. Already had the base when the Prime came up same time as the above Prime & Auto. Got lucky and beat out some keen competition for it. Same deal on the Player Timeline already had the normal # to 25 got lucky and won the auto version.

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
After the Throwback Threads going to skip 2005 Studio as I've only sent in the Gold and Silver Proofs and will locate when I can. Next up will be the 2005 Reflections Series from Upper Deck. Used to love popping a box as it was a good value buy and the inserts were interesting colors. Was always looking for a Clemens I needed. Having seen some of the cool patch and autos from this set can say it was visually appealing to me and many other hobbyists.

Info on the set can be found here 2005 REFLECTIONS

The colors are below I do have a Red dupe # 01/99 I need to locate to sell as the #81/99 graded higher
Red and Purple # to /99, Blue # to /75, Turquoise # /50, and Emerald # to/25
Needed a real good scanner back then or know the serial number on the Blue and Turquoise as sellers always confused them
if they didn't bother looking them up. Many just listed the serial numbering and left it at that.
full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Last one for today is going to be the 2005 Prime Patch series from DLP. One of the best sets of 2005. Also for me one of the hardest to even find stuff. Had to look for 10 years on eBay for stuff. Tough to locate items when they are so low numbered. This series I have Roy @RoyBirchler to thank for the Button card. I am forever grateful for his help in securing the button card . A seller in CT listed 5 Clemens buttons all at once in 2009. I had to call in some big guns to assist and he was kind enough to purchase the one below and hold a few months until I could pay him

Info on the set can be found here at 2005 PRIME PATCHES

I'll be holding off on the next series as its the 2005 Prime Cuts, and that's going to take several days to scan them all and separate, and I frankly have to get slabs out of my place and start the entry on monthly subs done and mailed for Tuesday. So without further ado this weeks last scans for the week are below
full

full

full

full

Donutme

Aug 9, 2008
California
Last one for today is going to be the 2005 Prime Patch series from DLP. One of the best sets of 2005. Also for me one of the hardest to even find stuff. Had to look for 10 years on eBay for stuff. Tough to locate items when they are so low numbered. This series I have Roy @RoyBirchler to thank for the Button card. I am forever grateful for his help in securing the button card . A seller in CT listed 5 Clemens buttons all at once in 2009. I had to call in some big guns to assist and he was kind enough to purchase the one below and hold a few months until I could pay him

Info on the set can be found here at 2005 PRIME PATCHES

I'll be holding off on the next series as its the 2005 Prime Cuts, and that's going to take several days to scan them all and separate, and I frankly have to get slabs out of my place and start the entry on monthly subs done and mailed for Tuesday. So without further ado this weeks last scans for the week are below
full

full

full

full
Very Nice

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Ever wanted to see what follows a smash hit- then be left feeling like you'd wasted your energy on the buildup ? This is how I felt when 2005 Prime Cuts 3 was finally released. Its felt like= " Hey we got some leftovers, let's just throw it all together and mail it in". I think what bothered me the most was the color scheme- reminded me of when I went drinking and had a reversal. The set still hasn't grown on me and still one of my least favorite DLP sets. Like most DLP sets so many 1/1 items everyone can apparently snag one now and then if they try hard enough. I did not buy any of these was too busy still buying 2004 Prime Cuts boxes and cases, and newer 2005 DLP stuff. Oh, that and tons of 2005 UD Hall of Fame and Ultimate tins as well - no time ,or funds, to care very much to waste money on a set whose colors reminded me of the above.

As an example of DLP variation insanity with this set - let's just take his T10 Yankees version card which has 38 "versions" available

There is 8 items that are 1/1, a total of 17 cards are numbered 5 or less, so this is already 25 items that are out of reach for most. A Clemens basic collector can expect a reasonable shot at maybe owning 13 items. Of the 13 there's at least 4 that are numbered to 10--so now its probably 9 they might see-- its a nutso set !!

Your pocketbook is gonna take a hit if you want to go above that 13 total. I frankly don't even know how many versions I own. Taking me a week just to inventory one set a day to figure it all out while going thru 40 boxes of Clemens stuff
Then rinse, repeat, bring back to storage, back here on my days off-- its crazy. Takes me 6 months for one inventory of Clemens !!

I've been able to snag a few low numbered items by sheer dumb luck and knowing lots of Clemens collectors who sold
Happy to even own any autos- fellow Clemens FCB collectors James @Donutme and Chris @mindgone61008 love autos, so that's a plus on a few of these . Thanks to both of them for letting me snag a few for the PC !!

Info on the set is here at 2005 PRIME CUTS 3

First up will be what I have slabbed for the Timelines # T10 Roger Clemens- Yankees game used items.
I have a bunch of raw waiting in line ,including the two base items, and three of the # to 50 jerseys/bat stuff to slab
These will be in alpha order based on how they appear in my registry top to bottom on my list
full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
And here are the auto's so far I have slabbed from the T10 Roger Clemens Timeline versions below

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Part 2 of the 2005 Prime Cuts slabs will be the T27 Timelines Red Sox Versions for Clemens
Amazingly have more autos than game used based stuff- go figure. Game used items up first
Think the only reason I slabbed the Base Bat was it was # 01/50 otherwise would have bypassed for later
Once again in the alpha order based on registry . Gotta love the uniform 21 cut out stuff- both base and prime versions # to 10
Let's just make it more difficult to figure out than it already was !!
full

full

full

full

full

full

I will most likely sell the two dupes below as I'll keep the uniform number #22/25 one instead of the Prime below
And the Position one I tried upgrading the BGS 8.5 I had, but it didn't make the cut so slabbed in blue

full

full

I will scan and post the autos tomorrow exhausted so heading to sleep

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Today will be the signatures for the T27 Timelines Red Sox Versions for Clemens. I somehow have 7 signatures- but just 6 game used. Go figure that one out its always the other way around normally. Nice complete a few base / prime versions of the Stats and Trios.
Like usual tough to tell since its a minor detail in the jersey window- both are similarly numbered

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK searched for over 2 hrs in storage (my closest storage) and couldn't find most of my # 2 Astros or # 91 Yankees 2nd version for the 2005 Prime Cuts 3 so will show what I did find. Slim pickings and I'll have to drive soon to check my 2nd storage unit in Utah a wee bit away.

Anyways the slabs I did find are below. A few Prime pieces and a few base jersey # to 50 items scanned for the insurance lady / registry updates. Will start working on the next set of scans after my last doc visit of 2020 ( wife's flu shot-got mine already) and a visit to the post office to fire off another set of subs.

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I always liked prime cuts. I have a bunch of Puckett’s. Hopefully I can add more but they don't show up much these days.

I loved 2004- but the 2005 version of "faux art" just visually doesn't hit my eye. Personal preference =its like some folks appreciate blonds ,the others brunettes or redheads.

Moving onward to the scans of 2005 Playoff Prestige. These will not be all I own. I do know a box is in Utah that has more including some raw and slabbed of the Prestige Playoff Champs. Was asked why so few base cards are being shown - well that's because when I sub I usually send serial numbered, game used, and autos or very rare unnumbered base items. Very rarely will I pop a base item on a sub, unless I feel like just completing a sub-series. Too many base items for me to handle I need to protect the "meat" of the cards collected first. Also I might skip a series if it has less than 5 slabs in it slabbed. An example is 2003 Playoff Portraits as I have most of those raw and wont slab until last as that series is horrible on a personal eye appeal level ( I'm sure our board member artists would disagree).

These 9 are just a few of whats owned . The Playoff Champs I have slabbed are elsewhere have not located yet. I think I just need the AL Wild Card, AL Champs, and NL Champs. Also have the Purple & Green Xtra Bases somewhere as well. Anyways see below. Only reason I think I slabbed the Blue Prestigious Pros is that it was #01/900 thought it was a cool base item. I can say the Red Foil was a surprise. Seller listed it just as a Prestige /25 which could mean anything I've seen scans cut off the 250 or 2500 labels. No back scan no nothing. Purchased it after I ran the pic they had thru my Adobe CS2 and noticed the Red Foil label.Once in house realized it was the insert I needed as the serial number on back was easily visible. Nice cheap low # pickup.

Info on the set can be found here 2005 PRESTIGE

I loved this set lots of cool inserts and some nice game used variations. Believe I have a few unopened boxes in storage will check next year when I can get back home for a bit. That's lint on that first holofoil. In order in my registry/inventory lists.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Members online

Latest posts