Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
As stated the other day I basically plowed into my missing 2005 Absolute slabs and kicked them over looking for something else. The three below are all #175 Jumbo Reverse. At one point the patch fakers infuriated me so much I went and bought every eBay one I saw for 6 months. Distributed them direct to Clemens collectors if they asked otherwise kept them here

They'll be going soon as I'm no longer keeping dupes around need the space
More to follow scanning the other 2005 Absolute slabs I found right now
The Blue auth one has a corner issue- lower left corner of the window- small crease
full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More scanned from the pile of 2005 Absolutes I found. Located my Double, Triple, and Quad Primes
Also located my Quad Reverse. Think I have his #21/40 uniform number Quad Reverse somewhere
More to follow scanning slabs from BGS & PSA back the last few months along with this inventory stuff
full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK on a recent bulk back from May 2020 sent a bunch of testers and some good condition items from 1998 PINNACLE EPIX
The series was supposed to be spread across multiple releases but Pinnacle went under and Certified never released.
Fast forward 20 years and numerous full Certified sets hit the secondary market from that Bankruptcy
I decided to send some test items in to see how they will judge surfaces on these - below are the 4 testers and then resulting sub results. Definitely have to watch surfaces on these cards, along with chipping and edges.
Sadly with the jump in prices , testers won't be as frequent- not cheap enough to learn it the old ways I used to

BELOW ARE THE TESTERS- all had reverse surface issues. Below that the ones I expected 8 or above on- guessed right
You could look at these cards raw head on and see nothing. Turn it at certain angles sideways- pressure waves
Looks like the reverse surface is raised where it should not be from too much pressure creating the front wave effects
I had guessed all correct although the Maddux expected a 3.Waves look like a North Sea storm
full

full

full

full

THESE WERE THE EXPECTED HIGHER LEVELS- expected NrMt 8's got Mint 9 I'm happy :sneaky:
Nomar I just need to slab his Play Moment and done with that run ( already have his Emerald Moment)
full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slab catch up. More Macs from the years prior when I side collected him and others.
Already have a PSA 9 of his Travel Orange so that goes you know where (need a Mac PSA 10 for a Travel Orange project I'm trying to complete if anyone has one)
The Modesto A's was a PC item just threw in looked good- same place ,not collecting the SLU series .Pop 1 just 1 higher on that
And the Rolen was for resale glad it gemmed- also a Pop 1. White specs are dust -my scanner pics up everything room is dusty.
The 2001 Finest was tough to pull the refractors ,and its not even worth cracking boxes any more just for 1 or 2 mega hits
full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A couple of show promos back from their 2020 siesta
Sorry about the Leaf Limited was in a rush and the heats affecting my phone pics (was 114 * when pics taken) will take better ones later
Williams I scanned last night sure a few board members will appreciate
full

full

full

full

full

>
>
>
And special thanks to Billy for the assist on Posey just have to see if my buddy needs it now ( if he doesn't guess I keep it)
>
>
full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A while back in May 2020 bulks I subbed the bottom side of this series to check surface, edges , etc and get a feel for how PSA would treat. A bunch of PSA 5 and 6 on that sub. Expected as much but gave me an idea what they'll be looking at and checking. Sub #2 had the next group I felt were better. I still have sub #3 bulk there that should have had the best of them. Here is sub #2 try.
Since I have a Nomar PSA 8 , I upgrded this PSA 9 into my registry and will sell the other as a dupe. The RJ & Andruw go you know where. I'm trying for PSA 8 and better on these.

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A new slab from Jeff @76collector over on the CU boards - goes with my base Gold Retail version
A few recent slabs back recently scanned from PSA after a year gone -- all show promos
Both version base and Gold VIP package on the DK items for CC
I figure he'll make the HOF so slabbed while pricing was cheap ( back April/May 2020 pricing of $8.25)
Good thing I did with today's prices being so unreasonable
I have more BGS slabs soon- scanned today so will post. Been behind lots of medical issues / doc visits lately
full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More of the CC show promo's scanned. Think I have about 10 more CC to get encased these will suffice for now
More to follow still catching up scanning Clemens stuff in between

Visually the Best of Fan Club is a red- um- blur even in person- not well designed
The 2002 Donruss looks neat , but its the last 2 that are visually stunning show promo's that I love
full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Catching up on more scans first time in a month. Been below the weather lately
Combo of BGS backlog insurance scans and new PSA returns from 9-11 months out
Bernie's a Pop 1 none higher strangely- I have more I'll sub see if I can pop one higher
The Biggio I figured 8 due to centering and voila- PSA 8
Another Sabathia show item slabbed, and three new Rolen's back.
The Hawaii # to 15 and 2005 Leather & Lumber Gold both are pop 1 none higher
full

full

full

full

full

Also some Clemens scan catch up for insurance gal this week. Have to get that Black Ink slabbed in a Blue holder.
Didn't want to mar the card- looks miscut - so I'll blue slab it and find another one. Luckily I know its origin
Big Hawaii collector sold it to Burbank who I got it from. Not sure if I have a Red Ink if not will buy one when I find time / energy

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The good news about the group of slabs I'll be showing- technically free. Used a whole boatload of saved credit on account. Will take me a while to post all the scans I'm doing multi-tasking the new few months
Quite a bit of football was on this one- subbed Aug 2020 got to PSA right before Labor Day weekend so 9.5 months out
Planned for it so I am totally cool- impeccable timing on the return came here right after NBA Finals ended

A Rolen rookie, a couple of Edgerrin James rookie issues that are condition sensitive, and some 1998 Black Diamond Die cut Triples coming up. All these issues are condition sensitive. PSA 8 is norm, a Mint 9 is just fine, I get a 10 it will stay locked away.
full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More from my 1998 Black Diamond Premium Cuts Doubles, Triples and Quads back.
The Davis has an OPC style left edge - that was a gratuitous 9 methinks. I had expected a PSA 8

The Davis is a Pop 2 none higher
The Sanders a Pop 3 with just 2 higher
The Emmitt a Pop 2 none higher

More BGS slabs to scan right now further behind on PSA slabs than BGS
Anyone else even picking stuff up or getting grades back from anywhere ??

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Three more slabs from a newer PSA order two football and a Kershaw Orange Refractor Pop 3. I always expect late July/early August Kershaw "rest" to happen- every year the Dodgers do it so he's strong for Sept/Oct stretch runs.

The football not sure why no one subbed much 2003 Leaf Limited Bronze Spotlights prior. Lot of Cowboys subbed ( think the why is just where I plucked from a pile - it's not like I plan on one team) The Sanders is a Pop 1 none higher ,the Dorsett same deal Pop 1 none higher. Now that the specs are created I'm sure more will be subbed.

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More freshly back from the last few months. Mostly football current and future HOF
Probably the best short QB in history is below. Before Russell Wilson this guy was considered "short"
Think his career numbers speak for themselves

My friend Greg collects him- sadly I have both BGS and PSA slabs of him planned these are all PSA planned
Happy about all 5. I expect 8's on Pacific they are normal.The rest were gravy and the 10 jersey was unexpected
I'll take a PSA 10 on die cut Elite stuff all day long. At one point the Triple Threads with Vick was a very expensive card

More to follow the scanning is slow going

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I sold that Quad way too early- post Covid sale price would have been great - geesh I miss that card.
And my Jeter Uni # from the same series I sold too early as well- such is the land of constant medical bills :cautious:

More of the 2007 NFL PLayoff Black Metalized slabs scanned / pics of current or future HOF football guys
Reminds me to get the funds set aside for my new scan system as these are a pain to show properly
Gotta get into 2020's technology ya know !!
full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More PC scanning catch up. I have a bunch of BGS slabs I'll show in the next week also
Boy is my insurance lady upset at me- couldn't be helped health comes first :cautious:

The Elite 1/1 and the Red 07 LRS are gone- went to our fellow board member John @jpcz
Let's just say we traded Brady's and leave it at that

Rest are my Brady PC returns and a dupe Nomar ( already have the Mint 9 trying to get a Gem10 on that one)
I already also own the Brady Magic Moments as well
If you've ever subbed Game Used you know the Gem 10 are difficult. While its just the base Gold jsy I'll take it !!

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

These are for John my fellow Brady collector

full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
When last I left off 5 months ago on my Clemens scan project was on 2004 Prime Cuts, finished #37 ,so let's move onward to the next subset. Up next is the MLB ICONS subset covering 70 of the games All Time Greats- first up his 2004 PRIME CUTS MLB ICONS # 69 RED SOX versions

There are 7 cards total, one is a 1/1 Proof, so leaves 6 total. I own 4 and am missing slabs of just the easy ones- Base version and Combo Prime- which I may have ( or may not= if I remembered it all wouldn't need an inventory !)

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Second subset scanned and pics uploaded into my registry so will post this Clemens subset scans today as well
This is the 2004 PRIME CUTS MLB ICONS #70 YANKEES versions

There are 6 cards total, one is a 1/1 Proof, so 5 most can own, I have 3 missing 2 again- an easy Base version and a much harder Auto/10 base version

I have to slab the dual combo item below, and the extra raw Prime Signature helped another Clemens collector out dealing it to him. After this I will need a few days to scan the next few ,as the #82 Red Sox and #86 Yankees versions have quite a few variations. Since I am off- its a priority.
full.jpg
full.jpg

This was the dupe I had , and the Combo Prime I need to get graded and in my registry
full.jpg
full.jpg

Members online