Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs back from BGS ( and it appears some re-slabs en route back from PSA this week). Happy camper not because of grades, but because I have a lot of re-sales to do for holidays-- which happen to have lots of medical doc appointments mixed in as well ( and bills such as yearly renewals)

The Mac and Mad Bums-already spoken for. Mailing Monday to their new owners. Mini Silver MadBum is numbered to 5. Epix cards driving me crazy- either popping BGS/PSA 5 and 6's due to surface flaws, or BGS/PSA 8/9 and above.
Will be posting more Clemens registry stuff soon also now that my 2005 Elite serial numbered stuff popped.
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Gonna have to upgrade a bunch of these Elite recent returns as I prefer silver and gold ( white is fine with game used)
I do have spares about the place just gotta locate and prep to send those in down the road for upgrade shots
If you own any Elite Teams # 3 or #9 see me = I pay above eBay for great condition ones mailed / protected well

More to follow got a lot of 2005 Donruss Elite serial numbered insert stuff back
These are all newly slabbed Elite Teams # 3 Astros which had Bagwell, Biggio, Berkmann and Clemens
Quite a combo of players to be on one card. I always liked multi superstar cards even in the 60's
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Already had this one before
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More scanned slabs for inventory girl- these are the current 2005 ELITE TEAMS #9 YANKEES variations that have Clemens/Mussina/Soriano and Bernie Williams on them
The three new ones and the Jersey copy I already had . I have a bunch of the #6 Astros and these #9 Yanks still in the grading backlog at BGS

More to follow- the usual "backed up excuse" with more important things to use my time & energy on

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Already had this one slabbed long ago
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
@jmc855 think someone linked a comment you had and sent it to my email recently i just have been too busy to offer an opinion. Believe that 2005 Fleer Final Edition card had a stamped 1/1, and a bunch of unnumbered versions ( believe approximately 10) come out of the bankruptcy. The bankruptcy paperwork is deeply buried back east. I do believe the online inventory though still is accessible if you have PACER access ( which most people do not).

More slab scans caught up. The Brady are already up and running. Updated my Clemens registry as well with more will post those
Been too busy mailing slabs back, doc visits, more doc visits, work etc etc etc
These two Gem Brady back. Wish my PSA backlog Brady would pop , a lot of resales and bunch of PC Brady on those
full.jpg
full.jpg
On my 2005 Elite set got the 2005 Elite Face2Face # 1 Clemens/Rolen back. And boy was I embarassed by one major boo boo. I have more Black no biggie will just send another off missed a surface flaw on back. Gotta see if I have another Gold lying around

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
I tend to just shoot these off real quick after quick scans. See the gold? How did I miss that issue? Geesh

full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I also added these three 2005 Elite Face 2 Face #7 Clemens / Pujols slabs
As you can see from the black version- from my view it's upside down ( I hate left side labels)
Will pay to have it re-slabbed so label shows on the right I hate left side labels
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
I already owned this Dual Bats version and have to locate my # to 200 jersey version and slab it

full.jpg

I also got a mislabeled Galactic Brady back that's going back as well
Good news is they are very good at quick fixes. Common error -PSA did it to me as well on a Galactic I sent them
full.jpg
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
@jmc855 think someone linked a comment you had and sent it to my email recently i just have been too busy to offer an opinion. Believe that 2005 Fleer Final Edition card had a stamped 1/1, and a bunch of unnumbered versions ( believe approximately 10) come out of the bankruptcy. The bankruptcy paperwork is deeply buried back east. I do believe the online inventory though still is accessible if you have PACER access ( which most people do not).

More slab scans caught up. The Brady are already up and running. Updated my Clemens registry as well with more will post those
Been too busy mailing slabs back, doc visits, more doc visits, work etc etc etc
These two Gem Brady back. Wish my PSA backlog Brady would pop , a lot of resales and bunch of PC Brady on those
View attachment 315124
View attachment 315125
On my 2005 Elite set got the 2005 Elite Face2Face # 1 Clemens/Rolen back. And boy was I embarassed by one major boo boo. I have more Black no biggie will just send another off missed a surface flaw on back. Gotta see if I have another Gold lying around

View attachment 315126
View attachment 315127
View attachment 315128
View attachment 315129
I tend to just shoot these off real quick after quick scans. See the gold? How did I miss that issue? Geesh

View attachment 315130
Ty! Interesting situation w the 05 classic clippings. Learn something new every day. 10 copies. I have no idea what PACER even means, and I am a nobody just trying to make my way on the internet, so no I dont have access lol. Are you a former Fleer guy with inside scoop? Bankruptcy lawyer who handled it? NSA agent who has the dirt on everything haha? Dont mean to ask ignorant questions if it's common knowledge.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
@jmc855 The PACER system is used by the courts for case tracing/documentation- can trace the Fleer Bankruptcy info if your aware of the case # and info. You can access it only if you have a basis for doing so. I was a credit manager who still does some occasional judgment recoveries. Hence I have access still. Since that was a public one they "might" have PDF on file for public access.

More scanned slabs for inventory girl from various sets. All recently back
The 2007 Turkey Red Chrome Refractor was a gift card years ago- maybe 2014- from Max G, one of my slab club guys
Held it aside while I caught up game used. Then moved and buried. Recently came across it and decided to send off
Kept it in good condition at least !!
The 2005 Timeless Treasures Jsy # /21 = average grade for the series. They were poorly packaged inside the tins and jostle around
The 2005 Sweet Spot Platinum- think its only the 2nd card I've slabbed from that year- the other is a Clemens/Randy glove dual auto

Happy with the grades- all as expected. More to scan folks gonna go enjoy my freebie Veterans Day meal with the wife
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Continuing catch up scans some new items back from the 2006 TRISTAR PROSPECTS PLUS series
Never purchased any of the 06TPP boxes because it was a minor league series, and I had more expensive stuff to buy like Exquisite. Been plucking minor stuff up here and there. As you can see another left side upside down slab I'll get fixed so the slab label is where I like it
Always prefer right side labels so they match the thousands of other slabs labeled that way I own
Info about the series can be found here 2006 tristar boxes
These three were added- 3rd one is going back to be re-positioned, and I already owned and slabbed the Dual auto years ago
full.jpg
full.jpg
NEWLY SLABBED = GOING BACK TO BE RE-POSITIONED
full.jpg
ALREADY OWNED THIS ONE
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slab catch up. You may remember a while ago I broke a 2019 TCU baseball box- another slabbed one is back
More are coming just slowly. Added another base Jsy from 2005 Timeless Treasures, and a resale Tom Brady item
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs- a couple of resales, and two more for the Clemens registry
Also catching up on PC inventory scans will post those in a bit
Can't do much about the Wilson it came straight out of a fresh pack break

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
When last I left the Clemens inventory believe I had to started 2004 LEAF LIMITED
First up after those cards are the #135 Astros items I have slabbed already. I'm sure I have more loose somewhere to slab including a whole bunch of Spotlight cards. I'll get to them when I come across them.

Gonna start with the Spotlight cards since that's where the registry starts it at
Then move on to the Monikers, Threads, and Timber items
Missing below is my Silver Spotlight

Think I just happened to pluck a 1/1 BIN back then. I generally only want 1 of the 1/1 from any series to consider that series complete
The DLP folks had too many to waste time/money on getting them all

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK next up scan wise is the 2004 LEAF LIMITED MONIKERS portion. Nothing is easy in a low serial numbered set which describes the majority of 2004 Leaf Limited . Gotta tell you of all the colors they used (blue/green/some strange magenta/orange) I like the Green best
Two autos numbered to 10 and two numbered to 5. Checked off and I'm done on this subset
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Last , but not least- the hardest to locate of all of this series. The Astros Timber/25 was harder to locate than expected- and, well = the others speak for themselves in terms of difficulty. The Astros subset took me the longest to finish due to the difficulty of finding the below items

Years ago had help buying the buttons for this series ( eternal thanks to @roybirchler , @aprimo , @Pinbreaker )
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Last , but not least- the hardest to locate of all of this series. The Astros Timber/25 was harder to locate than expected- and, well = the others speak for themselves in terms of difficulty. The Astros subset took me the longest to finish due to the difficulty of finding the below items

Years ago had help buying the buttons for this series ( eternal thanks to @roybirchler , @aprimo , @Pinbreaker )
View attachment 315786
View attachment 315787
View attachment 315788
View attachment 315789
View attachment 315790

Nice button relic! Still looking for one (not necessarily this one) for my PC, but havent found it yet at the prce point I can handle.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008

OK gonna post the 2004 LEAF LIMITED #182 RED SOX Clemens versions. Seems I misplaced a few base items, and lord knows if I even own a Gold Spotlight
Of the 11 cards available have 8 slabbed, one not, and
two I need to locate. I do know I have multiple Silver spotlight dupes.Bronze gotta locate where I put one and slab it

Haven't done any inventory of this series in 10 yrs +. Even snagged a 1/1 offline years ago
Have the auto/10 and the /5 signature plus the button card. Missing also the Signature Jersey Number/10 and believe the only difficult one I have left is a Bat /5 version.
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Last up is all the slabbed 2004 LEAF LIMITED #190 YANKEES Clemens versions I have slabbed. Somewhere I have another couple jersey pieces and some Bronze Spotlights I need to get encased. Strangely I forgot to enter the TNT slab into my registry- in there now

Two of the 3 spotlights are done, and most of the jerseys / autos. Added a button and lucked out on a 1/1 piece as well. Missing a Monikor Jsy/Auto # to 10 and a Moniker/Bat # to 5 piece to complete the series
Like usual not slabbing base cards until all my jersey/auto/serial # pieces are done
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
We have arrived today at the 2004 LEAF CERTIFIED MATERIALS subset, which is a carbon copy almost of the 2005 set I posted. Rather than renew the same info, I'll refer folks to the 2005 LCM stuff so you can see what was written already. Very little difference between 2004/2005 in the subsets, with a few wrinkles thrown in I will discuss when we come that far. Believe that post is located HERE

Up first for the sub series will be his 2004 LEAF CERTIFIED MATERIALS # 164 ROGER CLEMENS ASTROS variations
Will take these slowly as its scan intensive. Up first is the base Mirror Red versions followed by the Mirror White
The Mirror White were tougher pulls than expected, be it the base or bat editions. Some cards are just very difficult to locate
in the mirror series ( not unexpectedly)

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next up is Clemens 2004 LCM # 164 Mirror Blue Astros variations. Came across a dupe and based on slab numbers appears I must have pack pulled the 9 and sent in as an upgrade to the already subbed BGS 8.5. Another dupe for the resale pile
The base Blue is an annoyingly difficult blue to come across. It's like no one wants to list any (sells cheap so I can see why)
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Lastly we have the Clemens 2004 LCM Mirror Gold and Emerald #164 Astros variations
Still need a base Emerald Astros variation, but so does 99.9% of all the Clemens collectors, so I will not lose sleep over not owning one
At least I was able to secure a Bat variation on the bright side !

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Onward I march with scans. We now come to the Clemens 2004 LEAF CERTIFIED MATERIALS #201 YANKEES variations

These had a few more cards mixed in than the Astros stuff, and I do have some unexpected dupes
As usual with 2004 will do the most common Mirror Red and Mirror White variations first
The 201 variation mixed in a combo card and a Fabric card to the base and bat variations
At some point will upgrade the White Bat so I have something in silver label or higher
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Members online

Latest posts