Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Very nice !
You are still grinding away .
Excellent collection.

Yes sir - I appreciate the thought. haven't purchased much of anything been selling. Most of your hoard has some of the few GU/auto I still need. Selling almost all my dupes, Yaz, Boggs, Fisk, Lynn, Evans , and sets etc etc etc over the next 2 years and getting it down to just my guy's stuff . I plan on retiring soon- not toting or paying for all these storage units and warehouse space much longer
OK some backlogged slabs coming folks. First up is some hoop & football from last years October box breaks from my buddy sent- cards I was told to keep
Already have a bunch going you know where and sold off the first groups last month. Helped pay co-pays and boy was last month "expensive " !!

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK some more slabs scanned that came back have tons to catch up on
Lots of registry stuff to get to as well

More Brady back. All 3 series are condition sensitive. Missed a back surface flaw on the 2007 LRS Brady

Did pretty well on all the 2021 Prestige Football I sent in. All from the box breaks. Thanked my guy for his help
These have been gone quite a while so good to have them finally back
My scanner just doesn't like shiny silver cards so the Brady 2005 LRS is -meh- ugly

The different variations are all cool, although the Diamonds stand out fairly well.
The Bam is from that box of 21 Select back in Oct 2020
The Biggio- well, its going to a new caretaker , hopefully they will enjoy it as much as my completed sets enjoyed it

Tougher than ever to control the mess ( and expensive as ever) so downwards even further now

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Love the Biggio! I bet that is the only 9.5 and with a 10 at that.
Actually its a Pop 2- both have some great sub grades

More BGS slabs back. Got a whole bunch to catch up on. Donruss /Leaf Press Proofs are notoriously tough to Gem as are the Promo and Samples. Been slabbing all my Ichiro now for obvious reasons
Very pleased with these. The Gold 2002 Absolute - I actually know 4 different player collector groups who exist for all 4 that will like that card !! Jeter was a thrown in to test surfaces, and the Clemens a dupe I'll be sending out

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Actually its a Pop 2- both have some great sub grades

More BGS slabs back. Got a whole bunch to catch up on. Donruss /Leaf Press Proofs are notoriously tough to Gem as are the Promo and Samples. Been slabbing all my Ichiro now for obvious reasons
Very pleased with these. The Gold 2002 Absolute - I actually know 4 different player collector groups who exist for all 4 that will like that card !! Jeter was a thrown in to test surfaces, and the Clemens a dupe I'll be sending out

View attachment 330718

Love this Mariner Quad slab.. (but that's just my Edgar radar kicking in..)

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Love this Mariner Quad slab.. (but that's just my Edgar radar kicking in..)
Figured as much ;)

Like I said I know 4 player collector groups who collect their player who will like that card.
You know where its headed.

Got more scanning to do but limited time.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Believe last time I scanned some slabs , I noticed a few upside down and such
They are back and I started scanning them and the other backlogs
First up- this GU is now fixed so the label is on the right- my PREFERRED location
I paid a re-slab fee to get it fixed the way I wanted it. They didn't need to fix it that way ,so I paid to get it done
OLD
full.jpg
NEW
full.jpg
More slabs scanned- three are for the older inventory catch up with insurance gal, and four are new slabs just back I scanned
Up first - the four newbies. I do have a few Moments colors I need slabbed = just haven't found where I put them
Why am I not surprised at that ? The 2001 DK is a pretty card- 2001 was a really great design year for cards
Orange being my least favorite color of all the Epix no matter what year they had them

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So for the backlogged scanning project scanned the next series for inventory gal = hopefully can scan more
We come to the 2004 DONRUSS TIMELINES subset. One of my favorites. I went online the other day to check some stuff out. Realized I "might" have a box of this buried back east. Which I intend on searching for when I go home for this funeral

Great design, great selection of players, cost was great- couldn't keep this stuff in stock locally where I was
I have a few cards I need to locate and sub, but most of the stuff is difficult to locate that I need its all low #

I see Dave and Adams will buy boxes for $110 and think BBCE is close to that as well
I'll buy them at the MSRP of $200 a box you own one !!
There were 5 packs to a box and 4 cards per pack with an auto and a game used guaranteed
To me- satisfies the itch in multiple ways

Info on the series is 2004 DONRUSS TIMELINES BASEBALL

Below are the 3 cards I found think I have one or two more . Just can't locate the others ( yet)
One of my pride and joys is that BGS Pristine 10 Material Combo card. Jersey numbered and best possible condition

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More backlogged Clemens registry scans. Had some new 2006 Topps CoSigners come back
It's a never ending series. Started scanning some in 2018- cant believe its been 4 years already
Anyways- still locating dribs and drabs of them. Subbing them as I can. Always mixing and matching serial # stuff into subs. Got these two back and one turns out to be a dupe card of one I already had so upgrade it is and get rid of the dupe time
This series is one I might sub 1-2 every 6 months since its got a hundred variations to go through
Those are not priority stuff, they wait until I feel like sending a few in. Sorta like Leaf Exhibits, Polo Grounds, DK , Triple Threads etc etc etc

Excited to get the higher grades this is a tough series to get in good condition
Topps normal crap QC of course. I never expect a candy company to care much
full.jpg
full.jpg
And the dupe from 4 years ago I'll sell now. You can see the corner issue on this one- upper right- kept it down. Not re-scanning it
full.jpg
These 3 below are 2005 Upper Deck items I apparently skipped over on the inventory form the insurance gal needs
The Emerald 467 came back about 3 months ago . I know I showed off that flag card a long while ago (2018)- she says otherwise
I say I did a few years ago. Its numbered to 15, the Emeralds are both numbered to 25. Cool inserts
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More registry slabs. A bunch of stragglers soon to be followed by a boatload of the 2005 Prestige
These were knick knack fill in base stuff I just wanted slabbed so I can close some holding boxes up
They were sitting forever in my "to be subbed piles"= about 10 years to be exact- so yeah- get them in finally

A Silver Proof from 2005 Studio ( prior showed off the two Gold proofs and the two Diamond Cuts)
The National Pastime Blue Foil ( haven't shown off anything else from that yet)
Leather and Lumber base jersey ( prior showed off a bunch from 2005 L&L)
Lastly a Leaf Alternate Threads Holo which is an insert in 2005 Leaf ( may have shown one or two base items prior)
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Also got back some 2005 DIAMOND KINGS items. These are notoriously poor condition items as anyone around to break these boxes knows. So grades are as expected. I have so much variety of these items that I will mix in a few now and then to close some registry holes. Believe I have a bunch of dupes to get rid of also
No rush on slabbing these there's over a 100 variations total and never ending
Most of the below were inserts and numbered game used which take priority over base items

Again- sat around in the same box as the ones above over 10 years- closing this box down this year
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Another set of scans now complete as I catch up the insurance lady scans for the Clemens registry

Believe all I need is the Material Bat Silver # to 25, the base card Black # to 10 , and don't think I ever saw or looked for the Platinum Patch # to 5. Otherwise my run is almost complete of the 2005 PRESTIGE PRESTIGIOUS PROS subset. I have 10 of the 13 just missing those 3 items above

Now- if someone owns some colored = see me I buy colors to try and upgrade my grades
Can work stuff out direct just email me at my [email protected] address

BLUE CARD # 01/900
full.jpg
RED CARD # 193/700
full.jpg
ORANGE CARD # 389/500
full.jpg
GREEN CARD # 227/350
full.jpg
PURPLE CARD # 189/200
full.jpg
BRONZE CARD # 14/100
full.jpg
SILVER CARD # 57/75
full.jpg
GOLD CARD # 19/50
full.jpg
GOLD JERSEY # 18/25
full.jpg
PLATINUM CARD # 11/25
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK back from my Pops funeral and came back to a whole lotta BGS & PSA boxes. Gonna take months to catch up
More BGS slabs from last years Prestige breaks back- more scans to follow later in the week
Pack fresh cards but as we are all aware pack fresh never means pack perfect
Did well enough to justify the grading costs
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Yes sir - I appreciate the thought. haven't purchased much of anything been selling. Most of your hoard has some of the few GU/auto I still need. Selling almost all my dupes, Yaz, Boggs, Fisk, Lynn, Evans , and sets etc etc etc over the next 2 years and getting it down to just my guy's stuff . I plan on retiring soon- not toting or paying for all these storage units and warehouse space much longer
OK some backlogged slabs coming folks. First up is some hoop & football from last years October box breaks from my buddy sent- cards I was told to keep
Already have a bunch going you know where and sold off the first groups last month. Helped pay co-pays and boy was last month "expensive " !!

View attachment 330607
View attachment 330608
View attachment 330609
View attachment 330610
View attachment 330611
View attachment 330612

Have you ever taken pics of your storage and warehouse setup and posted it on here yet?

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Have you ever taken pics of your storage and warehouse setup and posted it on here yet?

To answer the question on my storgae solutions see pics below. The full ones are stored in a bank vault locally now ( closed my storage unit) , and when I went home for the funeral same deal I moved it all into these and into a bank vault. Everything is now vaulted = be it private vault or public vault
Cheaper to store in the vaults now there's so many of them now being used.
The goal is everything back east sold within the next 4 years I want to retire early. I may need to take a few months off in a year to make it happen , but I will cross that bridge when it happens

The unopened boxes- sorry not revealing how and where I store them. Suffice to say climate controlled secure 20x40 space in the Northeast US. Costs me $450 a month to store them. Trying to rid myself of this expense next to my rent its the biggest one I have. I could sell it all in one go but right now the tax hit would be too large. In 4 years and 3 months though- well then maybe that will occur as the taxes will be better due to my retirement lack of income (read: collecting SSN only then- so I can sell more then)

I normally would not pimp a product without being compensated for it, but I'll pimp these boxes just this one time
I like them , they are sturdy, travel well, and frankly do as advertised. Expensive- but a one time purchase
Had to buy mine in bulk to save the most money . Saving to buy my next group of 10 portables
I use the wheel-able 200m versions. While not as stack-able as the others, I'm more concerned about portability
full.jpg
full.jpg

On another note more backlog slabs scanned

A little better on this batch than the last one. Still have several hundred slabs back I have to scan from BGS & PSA
Good timing since I gotta make up for the funeral attendance expenses of flying home, car rental, hotel etc etc etc
Did fairly decent. These variations are tough to gem was happy with these Diamonds
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
This next batch back was meh. A lot of stuff I'd set aside just because I hold off on defensive players and wide receivers when subbing. Was hoping to do better on the Cooper Kupp = but oh well. Dazz I just lost my mind should have seen the O/C top to bottom
I expected the BGS 8.5 on the Macs and Mahomes they had surface or centering issues- got what I expected

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
And along I plod with scans. I do have baseball back, it's just that most is Clemens, and those I set aside as I have a Clemens inventory going on
Here are a few Blue colors I subbed. The True Blue Maddux came from 1998 Leaf Rookies/Stars and they are prone to corner / edge issues. The Wainwright Blue Refractor from my Finest stuff, and the Blue Mirror Materials Romo # to 99 was from a 2013 box break that sat around forever until I decided to sub it
Rest are from 2020 and 2021 breaks. The Brady is my 2nd Gem in the sub. Really like the Gridiron Kings as prior stated.

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs back from being gone for 14 + months this time from PSA
I also got back a 2019 TCU Orange Refractor # to 25 of Buehler but that one is already in its new home
Basically got unpacked and sent there- was sold before it even came back and all we did is spend 5 minutes haggling price. I got nearly 3x what I had into the card & slab fees, so its a win for me ,and a win for the PSA registry person I helped. Had dealt with him before so we always talk before I do anything on Buehler

The rest were dupes sitting around. The Brady were from a few Covid start buys I made which are paying off handsomely. The two 2019 Elite were gifts from John (@jpcz) The Die Cut Elite gift is already scanned and at my vault= that's a PC card
I keep all the gift slabs I've gotten over the years. Reminds me of why I enjoy the hobby
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Members online

Latest posts