Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK been showing some mundane items let's go for some color now
Bunch of Blue and Red inserts / base items from various years Bowman's Best back
I couldnt get the colors scanned well on 2002, so I used my phone for the fronts
Have the Blue, Gold, and Red all slabbed now. Think I have a dupe Mint Red somewhere also

I found that 2004 Timeless doing inventory of that series and its now back and slabbed

After these I'll show off some 1990's Gold (and Blue) items

Blue # /300 , Red # /200 are new = the Gold # /50 I already slabbed years ago

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Base from 2004 Bowman's Best is gold/red tint while the Red inserts thicker and darker Red
The base I have had slabbed for 15 years the Red is a recent return ( thanks to a trade with @jmc855 )

full.jpg
full.jpg

A while back I showed the Topps '52 Flashback Chrome Refractor version so I decided to just slab the base since it was in my dust pile anyway
The Timeless of course was found inventorying that series so its now back and slabbed

full.jpg

full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Bunch of Gold ( and Blue) numbered and base ( Ionix) items from 1999 with a 1997 straggler
Could post this in the 1990's insert thread since they are mostly serial numbered, but figured I'd confine my slabs to my slab thread

Amazing the crap that was dust covered in piles for years I'm locating now and submitting
All came back in the last 6 months

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A while ago subbed a whole bunch of discs, mini stickers, food insert mini's and various miscellaneous jumbo items
Had Griffey Jr, Big Mac, Buster Posey and of course Clemens. Will be showing off just my Clemens registry stuff
Some of the items had to be unfolded when slabbed so those went in larger BGS slabsI'll scan later

The King B disc while low graded came directly from a package. Unlike the high grade stuff cut from posters or never saw packages
The grade is normal for an authentic packaged item due to staining and chipping
Have to locate more of my miscellaneous discs and stuff to slab them
Quite happy with grades on most considering I carted many of them around 30+ years = in some cases across the country

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Last edited:

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
A while ago subbed a whole bunch of discs, mini stickers, food insert mini's and various miscellaneous jumbo items
Had Griffey Jr, Big Mac, Buster Posey and of course Clemens. Will be showing off just my Clemens registry stuff
Some of the items had to be unfolded when slabbed so those went in larger BGS slabsI'll scan later

The King B disc while low graded came directly from a package. Unlike the high grade stuff cut from posters or never saw packages
The grade is normal for an authentic packaged item due to staining and chipping
Have to locate more of my miscellaneous discs and stuff to slab them
Quite happy with grades on most considering I carted many of them around 30+ years = in some cases across the country

View attachment 356942
View attachment 356943
View attachment 356944
View attachment 356945

View attachment 356946

View attachment 356947
View attachment 356948
View attachment 356949
View attachment 356950
View attachment 356951
View attachment 356952
That houston show card is such a weirdo to me. I have seen sales of it between 50 and 100 bucks raw and i have literally grabbed it in a quarter box and sent copies away in sale lots on ebay.....

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Slabbed more discs all now scanned. The Holsum base is a dupe I already have a Gem copy = gonna get rid of that one. I can't enter the Rainier Farms for some reason , despite it being in GCL, Pop reports , and OPG - basically everywhere. Emailed my guys to get it fixed

These slabs are big- 5 x 7 inch- which is why I generally limit my disc subs
Also got back two huge 6x10 slabs with foldout items, but sadly BGS switched labels so they have to go back and get fixed
They were from 2003 Topps 205 TriFolds which I needed for inventory
I have more base items I slabbed also I'll show soon

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Back in Jan 2024 I showed off some of my 2003 Bowman Chome for inventory girl
PRIOR 2003 BOWMAN CHROME POST
Found the Refractor and Silver Uncirculated and those are now slabbed and back

full.jpg
full.jpg

Also back in January showed off a few different years MLB Showdown incuding a 2003 version #17 Pennant Run Strategy. Here are two more recently back from that 2003 MLB Showdown set. Think I just have to locate my foils and get them slabbed

full.jpg
full.jpg

Also got back a 2003 Bazooka Silver and 2003 Topps Gallery Artist's Proof. I already had the base Gallery and Bazooka comic slabbed years ago. Have to locate my Jersey piece from Gallery and get it slabbed and do an inventory on what else I need on that series

Six more returns now scanned and caught up from months of backlogs

full.jpg
full.jpg

I also located a stubborn missing slab for my inventory ( the Nameplate) so along with the 6 new slabs finally knocked that off inventory list

full.jpg

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK I'll be showing the next set on my inventory list, and if anyone cares to you may want to check out my box break thread Saturday night. Might learn some new information that goes against whats being printed by many hobby / online sources . I'll be cracking it tomorrow night ( Saturday) as I am pressed for time tonight

My go to sources folks are the SCD , the Beckett OPG, and baseballcardpedia - all reliable sources proven time and time again as highly accurate. In the case of this set ,when I will crack my sealed box tomorrow I'll provide info that baseballcardpedia and others online are missing on their accuracy
But let's get to the slabs and when I get to the box break tomorrow I'll show what I mean

Info about the 2003 FLEER BOX SCORE set can be found at two reliable go to sources
BECKETT 2003 FLEER BOX SCORE INFO
Baseballcardpedia 2003 FLEER BOX SCORE INFO

Below are the slabbed items I have already in inventory, with 8-10 others in process at BGS. I'll update those slabs when they return. Bunch of the base and First Edition items being slabbed

I'm sure my fellow Clemens collector Jay @jmc855 will appreciate the uniform numbering on a few of these

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
OK I'll be showing the next set on my inventory list, and if anyone cares to you may want to check out my box break thread Saturday night. Might learn some new information that goes against whats being printed by many hobby / online sources . I'll be cracking it tomorrow night ( Saturday) as I am pressed for time tonight

My go to sources folks are the SCD , the Beckett OPG, and baseballcardpedia - all reliable sources proven time and time again as highly accurate. In the case of this set ,when I will crack my sealed box tomorrow I'll provide info that baseballcardpedia and others online are missing on their accuracy
But let's get to the slabs and when I get to the box break tomorrow I'll show what I mean

Info about the 2003 FLEER BOX SCORE set can be found at two reliable go to sources
BECKETT 2003 FLEER BOX SCORE INFO
Baseballcardpedia 2003 FLEER BOX SCORE INFO

Below are the slabbed items I have already in inventory, with 8-10 others in process at BGS. I'll update those slabs when they return. Bunch of the base and First Edition items being slabbed

I'm sure my fellow Clemens collector Jay @jmc855 will appreciate the uniform numbering on a few of these

View attachment 357027
View attachment 357028
View attachment 357029
View attachment 357030
View attachment 357031
View attachment 357032
View attachment 357033
Funny timing, i just grabbed this Press Clippings with Pedro, not the jersey # but sharp patches. Its in shockingly nice shape for a dual relic card.

Attachments

• 20240525_193223.jpg
    20240525_193223.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 3

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So we are now at the 2003 ETOPPS in the inventory. Skipped over a few sets while I coordinate getting them here
( 2003 Finest and 2003 Flair, although I should be able to show slabs on some 2003 Flair base stuff soon).

In 2003 it was Year 3 for the Etopps program. Topps basically put out 1 card initially for the year
Card # 70 was the initial issue in January. Later on in the year Clemens approached several career milestones, including his 300th Win and 4000th strikeout. Topps then decided they'd capitalize on the accomplishment and hit while the iron was hot, so they issued a "special" Event Series item to recognize his career achivement. Barry Bonds also had career milestones reached around the same time so Topps just added his stuff in as well.

Doing this inventory, I just realized that I do NOT have his base # 70 regular issue eTopps item slabbed, despite having all sorts of show stuff. Will have to locate the raw versions and submit a few. I do have his special Event Series item slabbed though. Subbed one in 2005 which came back a Mint 9, then decided years later in 2016 to try and gem a copy , which I was able to do.

Below is the announcement of the special " Event Series" cards Topps did for Clemens and Bonds
After that is an overview of the online notice Topps sent out for the eTopps event attendees
You were expected to follow the online website for updates and such to occur telling you where and when
Had to check regularly, otherwise it would disappear from the website completely

full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

I did own the 2003 Les Paul 1/1 version from eCon 5 ,but traded it for several other 1 of 1 and different years to Jay @jmc855 as he owns a Les Paul guitar and wanted it badly in his own PC. I've included just one of the online notifiers from ECon4 so people can see what it looked like

Every year followed a similar pattern, although ECon 1-3 were really word of mouth type things
The very bottom shows his 2005 National eTopps 2003 version, which I already had showed in my 2005 eTopps overview but since its a 2003 issue belongs here

full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next inventory series my insurance girl wants to see is my 2003 FLEER FLAIR items. I don't have any of the jumbos slabbed yet as I'm sorta pressed on storage space
and jumbos take up a lot of room in slabs. I will keep them raw until I clean storage out well enough to get them in there. Don't remember breaking much of these boxes
I believe my local dealer at the time didn't stock much Fleer product. Also the ROI wasnt worth the price point if I remember

Info about the set is 2003 FLAIR

And for an overview on this box the September 2003 Beckett Baseball has this " By the Box" blurb

full.jpg

Ok bunch of base items slabbed . Gotta locate the patch and slab it , otherwise I'm done with the base just need jumbos completed. I did own the #22/250 Sweet Swatch uniform # jersey as well but have traded it to Jay @jmc855 for knick knack stuff I wanted

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Got some PSA slabs I have to prep for eBay so I'm scanning them, but I promised inventory girl another set today and I'll deliver on it. Then I'm gonna prep some ebay stuff and some offline Clemens stuff so I can get funds to pay off this latest round of wifes medical bills

Will be skipping Fleer Avant as its only 2 cards and I'll sub both when I get time. Gonna skip to 2003 FLEER E-X on the inventory list. Loved this set immensely. Wasn't able to buy a ton because I had my buttcheeks solidly into DLP products back then

Info about the set is 2003 FLEER E-X BASEBALL

Think I have 3 base items and a base jersey /500 to get slabbed
I'd like to locate a "missing serial # " Essential Credentials Now and the Patch /22
Oh and one of the # /250 jerseys is eluding me here for some reason , so looks like I have to find one of those as well

So 9 of 16 possible slabbed already, I own 4 base items that are part of the missing 7 = so just 3 items to locate / buy !! Couldn't locate my Beckett magazines with any blurbs on the set sadly , so no ' By the Box' breakdown or set overviews to show off

On my base Emerald sadly missed a ding ( in red where it is) - will upgrade down the road
Didnt have time to waste blacking out serial numbers I'm in a rush today ( multiple medical appointments)

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Due to some time constraints, and a desire to start knocking off scans to lower my insurance bill, I need to start to skip some sets. I have to get cracking at clean up and knocking off some of the list , while not bogging down all day looking for all items of a set. Insurance gals just gonna have to suffer.

This set when it initially came out was pretty cool I thought, but overlooked by many , as it was mainly base with a few jerseys with just ONE auto hit. Matter of fact believe the only auto is a Jordan / Tiger Dual and that was # to 25 and out of reach of all but the big dogs . I rather enjoyed the set being overlooked because it allowed lower prices for key pieces to be accumulated at low cost. Betting a lot of people today wished they'd have gotten their player pieces cheaper back then as the multi-sport set increased in popularity over the years

Info about the set 2002-03 UD SUPERSTARS

With all the hobby "exclusivity" crap nowadays it's unlikely a set like this gets done without getting a lot of "releases" from various people and organizations

Many ads appeared in various publications- this one taken from an inside cover of a Beckett Monthly

full.jpg

Below is the scan of a recent card slabbed within the last 6 months that is now added to my 2002-03 UD SUPERSTARS set . All I have left on this set is the base card and this small 6 card Clemens set is complete

full.jpg

ALREADY HAD THESE SLABBED
=========================

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Knocking of some more side scans now as well
I upgraded that pack issued King B slabbed BGS 3.5 with this pack issued BGS 8
It's by far the best copy I've seen that isn't sheet / poster cut and actually saw a distributed package
Nice cream color and proper toning

Also added 4 base scans to the inventory girls emails
Have to locate the others and sub them
Annoyed with myself as one die cut had obvious surface dimples I missed ( 5 of them no less)

The 2002 Topps Ten series info is here below - think I'm missing handy magazines to scan
I'll come back at a later date when I find my other items and magazines in storage and update the post

2002 TOPPS TEN

UPGRADED DISC

full.jpg

2002 TOPPS TEN BASE ITEMS

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Bunch more slab scans caught up. I keep trying to upgrade my Gold High Voltage
Cannot seem to do it. Got a 7, 7.5 now , and the 8 that I've been trying to upgrade
Also added a Green and Red High Voltage also to my registry
Missing just the # / 10 Holofoils for those High Voltage cards

Also scanned a base UD reserve and a 2002 MLB Showdown Foil
Just gotta locate my base cards now for 2002 MLB Showdown since both the foils are done

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few PSA slabs going you know where now that the scanning is caught up
Had to use my phone on a bunch. Chrome surfaces- the baine of scanners
Even the phone had difficulty on that Mantle- used a photo trick I learned over the years
Thought my Mariano would gem - close but no cigar- backs off a little bit, which I didn't notice until it's return

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Took some doing but now scanning a small run of Ultra cards from various years . I scanned the 2004 below earlier this year, but inventory girl missed it so I had to do it again- the other 6 are newly slabbed. Got one dupe that was upgraded when the next sub returned so that goes in the "to go" pile

I have a whole bunch from 1998 to scan also to make inventory girl happy
Subbed about 8-10 or so a while back to get rid of another dust pile and haven't scanned them yet so I'll do that today

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
As promised the new slabs from 1998 Utra now scanned
I already had the #492 Pizzaz Gem and the #213 Platinum Medallion scanned just redid them
Still have to slab a bunch of base and inserts from this series but this knocks off a chunk

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

ALREADY HAD THESE IN REGISTRY AND SCANNED

full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Couple more scans caught up. One of them was my 2001 PLAYOFF ARMOUR STARS HOT DOG TRIVIA # 4 ROGER CLEMENS . Other was an addition to my 2005 Playoff Prestige subset

Cool little food set. I've always been a fan of food set cards going back to the 1960's and this ones no different
I'll give some props to some board members here for some cool info on the set that saved me some time looking for backup

First - an announcement of this set by ConAgra - the parent company of Armour - which announced the promotion
CONAGRA 2001 ARMOUR ANNOUNCEMENT

@jacksoncoupage has the set shown under his SuperCollector catalog web pages with a nice sealed package example

Supercollector Website set info

Article by @patrick182 has a nice little write up on distribution and some cool blurbs on the set on his website

And below is my newly slabbed example ( I have more - maybe upgrade later down the road) and the new Prestige

full.jpg

full.jpg

Members online

Latest posts