Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Oh that's all good. I just feel like kind of an idiot for wasting so much time when something so simple would take the contest. Le Sigh.

They just reported the 1st one with the jersey numbers, and it looks like that one is pretty popular. I like the simplicity, and the personalization with the initials.

I like your design Ryan, but I think it has a bit too much association with the A's. Being an A's fan myself, I'm all for it! But, with there being a lot of Yanks fans, I think they need something a bit more generic. But, at least the simpler logo is still green and gold!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
My newest addition.

photobucket-5640-1352040779586.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Slowly I'm getting some more stuff displayed. Talking to a carpenter buddy about making me a display case and everything.
photobucket-25880-1352048624253.jpg

photobucket-25315-1352048553965.jpg

The blank space to the right is where I want to put a bat display case for these.
photobucket-19379-1352049605401.jpg

mprez9

Nov 4, 2012
Revere,Massachusetts
Run Rickey Run.... Hello RH Collectors - MPREZ9 - Boston

Hi Rickey Collectors,

I am also a Rickey Henderson collector for over 20 years, I am new at this message board stuff, Neil invited me in, I am also from Boston. I will have to figure out how to put pictures up and communicate with all you guys, look forward to being part the Henderson Fan Club family. Thanks,Mike

mprez9

Nov 4, 2012
Revere,Massachusetts
Willing to Trade a Ty Cobb and /or Cy Young Certified Auto Cards

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Henderson Collectors,[/FONT]

Not sure if any of you are interested in these cards. If you are a big baseball ball fan, maybe the Cobb because of Rickey similarities.

If you have some doubles of Rickey I might be interested in or any high end for trade. I am low on money these days with my son and wife they consume most of it all the time. LOL I was wondering if anyone was interested in trading some of your Henderson cards for a Ty Cobb and/or a Cy Young Certified auto cards. I have them listed reasonable low at $1350.00 -$1400.00 as sale price for payment each but they are two of the toughest and scarce signature cards to get out there. I would take $1500.00 each in trade value. I collect Henderson for over 20 years if it helps and I am a true collector like you guys but if you have extras or I know at times some guys either get rid of some parts of thier collection or certain years they don't want anymore, if yes, let me know. They are like 1/1. Anyways, just figured I ask and see what you think. I have attached pictures of the cards. The Cobb also has a PSA/DNA cert as well as JSA Beckett. Cy Young just PSA/DNA. Let me know. Feel free to contact me at [email protected]. thanks,mike

Attachments

• Cobb 3.jpg
    Cobb 3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Cobb 2.jpg
    Cobb 2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Cobb 1.jpg
    Cobb 1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 59
  • cobb cert.jpg
    cobb cert.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

mprez9

Nov 4, 2012
Revere,Massachusetts
Cy Young Photos

Here are the Photos of Cy Young.

Attachments

• Young 1.jpg
    Young 1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Young 2.jpg
    Young 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Young 3.jpg
    Young 3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 46
  • COBB YOUNG DEAL.jpg
    COBB YOUNG DEAL.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 50

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Welcome aboard Mike, it was cool talkin to you about Rickey the other day. Nice to finally put the face to the name, and chat it up about the greatest player we have had the pleasure to watch!

mprez9

Nov 4, 2012
Revere,Massachusetts
Yes it was nice seeing the Yellow and Green, at the show. I don't think Neil will mind but his brother had the Canseco Home Jersey and Neil was rockin The Yellow Henderson Cooperstown Throwback, while Neil's son had a Green Packers Aaron Rodgers shirt. To make a long story short, I am a A's and Packers fan, Neil is too, we both like Rickey, I swear we are brothers..LOL I am a Big Favre fan don't collect him like I do Rickey but like to watch him play as well. I do have a signed Henderson and a signed Favre Jersey framed cause there are my boys... His bro Paul, is a big Canseco fan so we were talking bash brothers and those great A's team back in the late 80's and early 90's.... To much surprise there were no Rickey cards at this show,I think Neil grabbed a $1 card, I bought plastics to keep myself entertained. We should do a Rickey show and invite Rickey to see all of our collections and the hard work we have put into them for Decades. Only the true collectors know what it takes to keep up with this passion of ours, I really think Rickey would come to it if we could get word to him, he is cool like that. He does appreciate his fans as much as people make him out to difficult at times. That would be something to think about gang.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Welcome to the Rickey Thread Mike. It does seem like Rickey is trying to connect with his fans more through Facebook. I'm definitely interested in seeing all that they've out together for the fan club!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Yes it was nice seeing the Yellow and Green, at the show. I don't think Neil will mind but his brother had the Canseco Home Jersey and Neil was rockin The Yellow Henderson Cooperstown Throwback, while Neil's son had a Green Packers Aaron Rodgers shirt. To make a long story short, I am a A's and Packers fan, Neil is too, we both like Rickey, I swear we are brothers..LOL I am a Big Favre fan don't collect him like I do Rickey but like to watch him play as well. I do have a signed Henderson and a signed Favre Jersey framed cause there are my boys... His bro Paul, is a big Canseco fan so we were talking bash brothers and those great A's team back in the late 80's and early 90's.... To much surprise there were no Rickey cards at this show,I think Neil grabbed a $1 card, I bought plastics to keep myself entertained. We should do a Rickey show and invite Rickey to see all of our collections and the hard work we have put into them for Decades. Only the true collectors know what it takes to keep up with this passion of ours, I really think Rickey would come to it if we could get word to him, he is cool like that. He does appreciate his fans as much as people make him out to difficult at times. That would be something to think about gang.

Hey Mike good meeting you at the show and glad to see you have found the best sports card forum on the internet. you'll be right at home with all the Rickey guys here.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Hey guys. Just got my power back on last night. Its been a long 9 days. And now...ITS SNOWING! Dangit! But no flood or tree damage, so if the power being out is the worst then we got lucky. But, I think a few Rickeys I ordered (and were supposedly shipped) before the hurricane probably got lost or damaged in the mail cuz I haven't received them yet. Bummer. I hope you are all doing well, especially my east coast brethren. I worry about Ken C., cuz he lived down the Jersey shore where they really really got devastated. Ken, I hope you, your family and your earthly possessions made it thru OK. This has been a tough one to deal with.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Scott, glad to hear you made it through okay! I e-mailed Dave yesterday, as he and Ken are really close. He said that the family is all okay, and that they didn't suffer any major damage. They are without power, so hopefully that gets restored soon.

I was pretty worried when I saw some of the pictures coming out of NJ, and then to have to deal with another storm now. That's just not cool!

Members online