Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I am in coastal Massachusetts too, and its starting to get nasty. I am 10 minutes from the ocean, and the news feeds are getting serious....

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
Feel free to send all the Henderson to us to keep it safe :)........all honesty though keep you and your families safe.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Big Boston show this weekend.. Sadly I wont be meeting Rickey there as I had hoped, Walt said it fell through with the promoter.... Was pumped to meet Rickey:D, now :benson:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I've been horrible about trades lately. I've got one "in progress" with Ken and Ryan as well I think. Anyone else? I've really got to get on top of these, lol!

Any time you start to feel horrible, just think of me. And thanks for remembering that we have a trade "in progress". It's been so long, I wasn't sure... Of course, I'm sorry, but I do have some pretty decent excuses this time around. Things have been pretty crazy with the whole moving to a new state thing! I've been feeling too guilty about not having a job to hang out on the internet, for the most part. So instead I apply for jobs everyday, and man is that depressing. Then I don't want to come hang out, because I'd just bring you guys down. I think I might have a job though, and a good one! Here's for hoping!

In other news, Rickey is finally doing the voting for the RH Fan Club logos. I couldn't figure out how to find a direct link to the post, but it's the first one on his page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rickey-Henderson/225045497537703 I guess they're splitting it into two rounds, my entry in round one is logo #2. I think they are way better than the other 3, but maybe I'm biased? :D Here is my round 1 entry:

RH24-As-final.jpg

So yeah, go vote for RL24. I would appreciate it forever. :) And I hope you guys all made it through the storm OK. My brother-in-law got super lucky, his house is on a hill. Down the street he got some awesome pictures of himself kayaking up the road. Very surreal pictures. Here's a pic of the bottom of the hill...

59409_3346494200490_1777792930_n.jpg

I don't think I should post his other pics without permission, so we'll just have to settle with this one.

Last edited:

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
Some recent pickups.......snagged the bobblehead for for BIN of $20, could not believe it, still in box, like new.

The sealed 1983 Topps sticker box was cool and something you don't see too much. there are no creses or anything on the box card. This came along with 3 other boxes (Reggie Jackson, Pete rose, Gary carter). Nobody else bid on it but I think that was because of the bad description and title of the auction.

I will sell/trade the other boxes.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1351871469.905312.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1351871469.905312.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 31
  • ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1351871481.085161.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1351871481.085161.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 28

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I think I'll have about 3-4 bills for use in Chicago. My goal is to pick up at least 1 card on my list below. Thinking a 93 refractor?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Wow, I'm getting tore up in that contest. Everybody likes this super simplistic logo that just has a "24" with an RH over it. And half of the voters have said they don't like the "24" part. In other words, half of the entire logo. But they still voted for it.

I thought the old school A's elephant was a good idea. Most Rickey fans are also A's fans. We took the bat from him, and made it so he's running away with a base. To make it Rickey like. We made him stand on the earth instead of a baseball, to show the fan club reaches across the globe.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Wow, I'm getting tore up in that contest. Everybody likes this super simplistic logo that just has a "24" with an RH over it. And half of the voters have said they don't like the "24" part. In other words, half of the entire logo. But they still voted for it.

I thought the old school A's elephant was a good idea. Most Rickey fans are also A's fans. We took the bat from him, and made it so he's running away with a base. To make it Rickey like. We made him stand on the earth instead of a baseball, to show the fan club reaches across the globe.

I did vote for the RH over the 24, noting I wanted jersey numbers instead. I never was an Oakland fan, born and raised in Red Sox land, what can I say... You had a good idea, and good execution, it just isnt my thing, sorry Ryan

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
WOW Brett Keith, craaazy impressive!

I did vote for the RH over the 24, noting I wanted jersey numbers instead. I never was an Oakland fan, born and raised in Red Sox land, what can I say... You had a good idea, and good execution, it just isnt my thing, sorry Ryan

Oh that's all good. I just feel like kind of an idiot for wasting so much time when something so simple would take the contest. Le Sigh.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
800? Little steep, don't you think? Cool card but not that cool

The Tier One knob sold for $700+, the last barrel I could find a sales record for sold for $700+. Besides, that's what the Best Offer option is for. How many BIN/BO listings for high end cards on ebay have the BIN's at 'market'?; how many sell for close to the BIN?

Members online

Latest posts