Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Royals fans stuffing the All-Star ballot boxes; Lead in 8 of 9 positions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrawfordFan13

Jan 19, 2015
The only problems I have are that there are legitimate people out there who vote for the best player, not just vote for players on their favorite team. Looks like most fanbases did exactly that, and the one's that didn't are getting rewarded for it. Also if it is a script or a troll, it wouldn't be the first time. Remember Peyton Hillis on the Madden cover? That was 4chan troll induced. Remember last years Face of the MLB and Sogard making it to the finals? I believe it was the same thing (maybe Reddit did this one) and there are accusations of MLB rigging their own contest so it didn't turn into a joke with Sogard winning it all.

Summary: Don't let the online community determine anything. It'll get trolled or rigged in some aspect sooner or later.

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
What a farce. I don't care all that much about the All-Star game, but when players who actually deserve to make it now won't because of some anomaly in voting from one specific team's fans, something needs to be done about it. It's turning the greatest sport in the world's All-Star game into a complete joke.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
What a farce. I don't care all that much about the All-Star game, but when players who actually deserve to make it now won't because of some anomaly in voting from one specific team's fans, something needs to be done about it. It's turning the greatest sport in the world's All-Star game into a complete joke.
Agreed, but it has been a joke since the outcome decided WS home field advantage. This will give Manfred foder to make a MUCH needed change.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Agreed, but it has been a joke since the outcome decided WS home field advantage. This will give Manfred foder to make a MUCH needed change.

I definitely don't like that WS home advantage is decided by the AS game. ESPECIALLY if nonsense like this is going to be allowed. The funniest part is that the Royals won't stand a chance against the N.L. All-Stars, which could HURT the Royals if they do make the WS.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
A couple of points to make.

1. I only voted the allotted times for my primary email.

2. I did not vote for infante

3. Why is offense the only determining factor for all star voting? Can you find better defensive players at their positions, than Hosmer, Perez, Escobar, Gordon and Cain? Even Moustakas is a gold glove caliber defensive player at 3b. Defense and our bull pen carried us to the World Series last year. There's no reason it shouldn't be a BIG determining factor in the all-star game as well.

4. I am not pleased with Infante nor Rios vote totals. Neither are deserving in any way, shape or form.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
A couple of points to make.

1. I only voted the allotted times for my primary email.

2. I did not vote for infante

3. Why is offense the only determining factor for all star voting? Can you find better defensive players at their positions, than Hosmer, Perez, Escobar, Gordon and Cain? Even Moustakas is a gold glove caliber defensive player at 3b. Defense and our bull pen carried us to the World Series last year. There's no reason it shouldn't be a BIG determining factor in the all-star game as well.

4. I am not pleased with Infante nor Rios vote totals. Neither are deserving in any way, shape or form.

Are you freaking seriously trying to validate the inclusion of 5 Royals out of 9 spots? Not ONE of those guys you mentioned leads the A.L. in overall WAR, which includes defense, at their position. Stop being a homer talking nonsense. You know it's a joke. Not ONE of those guys, STATISTICALLY, should be an All-Star this season. It's a farce that apparently you are a part of. A mockery of the system. Even as someone who dislikes the voting system, I would be embarrassed to be a Royals fan over this garbage.

Last edited:

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
it looks like by WAR the starters should be

3B Donaldson
2B Kipnis
OF Trout
1B Cabrera
OF Cespedes
OF Kiermaier
C Vogt
DH Cruz
SS Iglesias
P Grey

sportscardtheory is right, they wouldnt have any

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Here's a question. What happens when the Royals beat the NL in the all-star game? You can say they won't, but we weren't supposed to sweep through the playoffs and be in the world series either. And last I checked, we're 4 games up on a very good Detroit team, and 1.5 up in a good twins team, so we don't suck. Just a thought, it could happen.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Here is the funny part, only ONE Royals fielder who is eligible for the All-Star game leads the league in either defensive WAR or overall WAR at their position. And that's Omar Infante for defensive WAR at 2nd. That's literally it. Only one other Royal is even second, and that's Cain at 2nd place in defensive WAR for outfielders. So tell us again how these guys are worthy to be ahead of guys like Cabrera, Martin/Vogt, Semien/Iglesias, Donaldson and Reddick/Jones/Bautista. It's nonsense. It IS a popularity contest, but Hosmer, Perez, Escobar, Gordon, Cain and Moustakas are NOT the most popular players at their positions in the A.L., so that sentiment is out the window. It's voting manipulation plain and simple.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Yeah, the casual fan (who is doing the voting) visits Fangraphs to check out WAR rankings each day.

I wasn't saying they all should be there, by any means. Just saying there's reasons to not discount them as being there. Unbunch your ******* and stop getting upset about a post that had ZERO bearing on any of our lives. Seems like you're one of those guys where the only opinions that matter are the ones that agree with you. I'm entitled to mine. You're entitled to not like it and cry. No need to get upset and freak out though. As I said earlier, if this were the Yankees, Red Sux, Dodgers, Cubs, etc... No one would be saying a damn thing. Because it's my small market Royals, everyone needs some hemoroid cream.

Are you freaking seriously trying to validate the inclusion of 5 Royals out of 9 spots? Not ONE of those guys you mentioned leads the A.L. in overall WAR, which includes defense, at their position. Stop being a homer talking nonsense. You know it's a joke. Not ONE of those guys, STATISTICALLY, should be an All-Star this season. It's a farce that apparently you are a part of. A mockery of the system. Even as someone who dislikes the voting system, I would be embarrassed to be a Royals fan over this garbage.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Yeah, the casual fan (who is doing the voting) visits Fangraphs to check out WAR rankings each day.

I wasn't saying they all should be there, by any means. Just saying there's reasons to not discount them as being there. Unbunch your ******* and stop getting upset about a post that had ZERO bearing on any of our lives. Seems like you're one of those guys where the only opinions that matter are the ones that agree with you. I'm entitled to mine. You're entitled to not like it and cry. No need to get upset and freak out though. As I said earlier, if this were the Yankees, Red Sux, Dodgers, Cubs, etc... No one would be saying a damn thing. Because it's my small market Royals, everyone needs some hemoroid cream.

Whatever you say, homer. I rooted for the Royals last year, but now that I see how their fanbase is, I'll be rooting against them from now on. Thanks for the eye opener.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
You guys enjoy your cry fest. It is what it is. Whatever happens, happens. We'll have a rule named after us. You guys will be upset because your star got snubbed.

WAR is NOT the be all, end all, in any aspect. But whatever works for your argument. I'm unsubscribing, since I'm not entitled to my opinion. Enjoy fellers and see you in the playoffs.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Whatever you say, homer. I rooted for the Royals last year, but now that I see how their fanbase is, I'll be rooting against them from now on. Thanks for the eye opener.

Good? We don't need you or any other bandwagoner. I'm not a homer by any means, and I did not vote for a royals to start at every position. But you seem to think otherwise, so have at it.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
As a matter of fact, I'll go and max out my All-Star votes right now and not vote for one Royals player. Not that I would have anyway. Maybe even use more than one e-mail account for maximum damage. I wasn't going to vote at all, because I think the process is flawed, but you changed my mind by being an uber-homer who supports nonsense. Thanks.

Members online