Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scans of autographed Razor Letterman cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
cgilmo said:
I don't give a damn when they are released personally.

I think this whole thing is over blown. The rookie card world is shifting before our eyes lables and definitions that were previously valid are becoming less so. If you wanna call it a 2009 product, then damnit call it a 2009 product (talking to those that insist that it is an 09 product). If you want to call it 08, then damnit do that. Eventually the secondary market will decide how sought after these cards are, not some label.

/frustrated

:lol: I'm not laughing at your frustration Chris but I do think the "simplicity" of this idea is unrealistic since it really does not matter what consumer's think on this subject (unless it was somehow brought to the forefront by means of a "front-page story" run by Beckett to where it would reach & educate a majority of the collecting world- which we know good & well will not happen since they/Beckett are the one's who are supposedly advocating this & allowing it to happen). Most of us realize the power & persuasion of Beckett & the overall grip thier opinion has on our hobby & the "flock" of consumers which in turn are the one's whom basically dictate the secondary sell-value's & decide what is "hot" or "cold".
IMO, if Brian wants to be innovative & be "THE" forefront pioneer that reshapes, molds, & leads our hobby to that of a "New & Improved" era; where hobby corruption, broken promise's, & wrong-doing's to the consumer's are a thing of the past- then Brian needs to veer off of the path that has been taken by the company's that came before his & create his own! He needs to step away from practice's & policy's that have been used over the year's by other company's to fatten thier wallet's while screwing over the consumer's! While I do believe he has taken steps to do these things, his action's have shown that he hasn't "fully" committed to making sure that those who should be the focal point when creating a product (the consumer) are not overshadowed by $dollar signs$! I am very pleased that he has come forth & guaranteed that these problem's will not occur in his future product's (as he has come forth & publicly announced this on several other instance's concerning problem's in previous product's), but I am still not seeing the commitment to put a stop to these problem's "NOW" (although he possesses the power to correct them (he CAN change the date of the previous two release's to 2009- but doesn't), he chooses not to do so; which "in my mind" is telling that in this instance the $Dollar-Signs$ are in fact overshadowing the consumer's).
With all this being said, I personally give Brian a HUGE "Thanks" for coming onto these board's & taking the flack, as well as the praise, from the consumer's, critic's, & message board peer's (& some fan's :lol: ); as this takes some huge "stone's" that judging from the lack of other Sport's Card Company President's on public message board forum's- you must own the largest pair! :lol: Take care & keep moving forward Brian, whether many of us acknowledge it or not, your company is playing a fundamental role in the huge change's that are alterring the hobby that we all share & enjoy- whether it is for the better or worse is largely in your hand's! Take care bud, Dave. :D

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
kentuckyderby said:
Penno said:
I'm not pro or anti razor, but I don't mind the product being designated a 2008 product since the 2009 season hasn't begun. I can see the beef some might have, but doesn't personally bother me.

Would you have same opinion if a football product made in August was released as 2008 since the seson starts in September?
I dunno, a football product is meaningless to me. :D I get what you're saying, but like I said, its just my opinion. I understand why some might have a serious issue with it, esp those that invested in Razors first release. The reason I don't have a problem with it might weak to some, but there isn't a thing that any of us can do to change the classification of the product.

TheSportsCardFile

Feb 4, 2009
Fort Worth
Beckett uses whatever year the company that manufacturers the products uses in their marketing material/packaging. Calendar year and fiscal year have little, if anything, to do with it.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
TheSportsCardFile said:
Beckett uses whatever year the company that manufacturers the products uses in their marketing material/packaging. Calendar year and fiscal year have little, if anything, to do with it.

Beckett has changed release dates throughout the years. One example is 1991 Stadium Club Dome, that Beckett lists as 1992 because of the date it was released.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
(*sarcasm* "Geez, does Bowman really have to call it 'Draft Picks and Prospects'? Isn't that redundant. Aren't all draft picks immediately prospects? who wants to argue with me for 6 pages about it?" *sarcasm*)

(ignoring sarcasm) But not all prospects are draft picks

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
TheSportsCardFile said:

This coming from a guy who would DEFINITELY know.

huntah

Mar 4, 2009
Scans look nice! Impressive how you improve quality/looking fast...probably because you listen to your customers ;)

I predict those Letterman will be the turning point for Razor. I think those will be sold out very fast. :mrgreen:
Established companies should fear Razor jumping in the majors soon...

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
huntah said:
Scans look nice! Impressive how you improve quality/looking fast...probably because you listen to your customers ;)

I predict those Letterman will be the turning point for Razor. I think those will be sold out very fast. :mrgreen:
Established companies should fear Razor jumping in the majors soon...

:D Posts like this are why I took a shot with Razor... Thank you... BG

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
matchpenalty said:
Did this stuff ship out yet? I hope we see some breaks this weekend.

Brian told me yesterday it would start shipping today. I hope he busts some soon as well.

Members online