Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Selling High End on Ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I have a pretty high end card listed right now for the 2nd time with an outrageous BIN price or best offer. I'm just trying to field offers and get an idea of value, and if someone hits the price I have in mind I'll sell. I have gotten an unbelievable number of messages, "what's your best price?". Is this typical with really high end cards? My response is, "what's your best offer?" and I can tell a few people have been put off by this response. I'm not trying to be a jerk but I feel since I have the card listed to accept offers the onus is on the buyers to offer a price since my listing price essentially initiates the negotiation, not for them to try and find out my lowest sell value. Am I wrong?

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I would phrase it more like "Hi, I am just fielding offers for this item at the moment. Please feel free to submit an offer.".

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
I think you are doing the best thing. After all, when listing you are looking to get the best price you can right? Bidders who are put off by not getting an answer to me are newbies to eBay. I say don't worry about it. Anyone who understands supply and demand and a free market should get what you're doing.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Hold your gorund and get what you want. Buyers will make offers, use other accts or friends to send lower offers, to make theirs look better. Bottom line, it's your item. Find a price that's within reason. You cant be asking 3g for a card, that just sold this morning for 800. If the range is 1200-1300, pick your price and hold. Sometimes setting a min bid protects you from the ebay crap. Many ebay buyers are great and some are crap. Cant tell you, how many times I have been told my card is garbage and the player sucks, and that is why they are only offer $450 for it.

Also, be professional with your answers back, just because some aren't, stay above the game and keep your cool.

Just like other things, when you do sell and ship. Protect the hell out of yourself.

Hope this helps

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I would phrase it more like "Hi, I am just fielding offers for this item at the moment. Please feel free to submit an offer.".

This is generally how I handle these types of messages as well. If I have a specific price that I'm good with, I'll let them know but if it's a high end item, I'll always just say something like the above quoted to try to get some negotiation started.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
A lot of people are drawn away from high BINs and won't even make an offer thinking that the seller has unrealistic expectations.

If it's a card I really want I'll make an offer that slightly beats the last few that sold. If It gets rejected, I remove it from my watch list and move on.

Edit: forgot to add, I agree with the others. Try to make your replies to messages better. Just explain that you're just fielding offers and don't have a price in mind to sell at.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts