Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shane Vereen Inception pick up - SICK PATCH - AUTO /50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
Guy busted a box at the LCS while i was up there. I wound up with this:
vereen.jpg

Pretty nice pick up for 25 bucks IMHO....now heres to hoping he has a few solid games!

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
cant have game worn for a guy that hasn't played in a game. unless they used college jerseys. :D

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
t_crabby95 said:
cant have game worn for a guy that hasn't played in a game. unless they used college jerseys. :D

True, but he could have just slipped in on and taken it right off at a signing or something. Pretty lame that the hobby has gone so far down this path.

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
Ty Hope said:
[quote="t_crabby95":141gmrok]cant have game worn for a guy that hasn't played in a game. unless they used college jerseys. :D

True, but he could have just slipped in on and taken it right off at a signing or something. Pretty lame that the hobby has gone so far down this path.[/quote:141gmrok]

I agree 100%. To me it's almost as bad as a manufactured patch. Im sure that's what happened. They probably slip five or ten on at the signing. With the demand for nice patches im surprised there's not just one jersey that has ten NFL Logos, five laundry tags, the players name three times, ten team logos Etc etc etc

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Ty Hope said:
[quote="t_crabby95":jpexiao4]cant have game worn for a guy that hasn't played in a game. unless they used college jerseys. :D

True, but he could have just slipped in on and taken it right off at a signing or something. Pretty lame that the hobby has gone so far down this path.[/quote:jpexiao4]

I agree as well. If I'm not mistaken, don't game used relic cards carry a higher premium than event/player worn relics? I know I don't pay the same for event used/player worn.

uw91

Jun 23, 2011
Puget Sound, WA
This goes back to that photo of Ingram with 20 jerseys on or something. Same thing.... they put it on, take it off, put another one on, take that one off. I don't think they are that impressive compared to game worn... but still cool though, especially when you get a multi color like that one.

Shi Guy said:
[quote="Ty Hope":2ebo430w][quote="t_crabby95":2ebo430w]cant have game worn for a guy that hasn't played in a game. unless they used college jerseys. :D

True, but he could have just slipped in on and taken it right off at a signing or something. Pretty lame that the hobby has gone so far down this path.[/quote:2ebo430w]

I agree as well. If I'm not mistaken, don't game used relic cards carry a higher premium than event/player worn relics? I know I don't pay the same for event used/player worn.[/quote:2ebo430w]

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I've had this conversation too many times. How do we as collectors REALLY know if a jersey is actually game worn when it says game worn of the card? 6 years from now Mark Ingram might have a card that says game worn, but who's to say it isn't from one of the many jerseys he had on at the RP?

Go outside of the rookies. How do you know that Peyton Manning jersey card is actually from a Manning gamer? For all we know it could be from a Jacob Tamme jersey.

This goes for any sport, not just football.

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
mstng99tim said:
I've had this conversation too many times. How do we as collectors REALLY know if a jersey is actually game worn when it says game worn of the card? 6 years from now Mark Ingram might have a card that says game worn, but who's to say it isn't from one of the many jerseys he had on at the RP?

Go outside of the rookies. How do you know that Peyton Manning jersey card is actually from a Manning gamer? For all we know it could be from a Jacob Tamme jersey.

This goes for any sport, not just football.

It could also be a swatch from a random bit of fabric that was bought at wal-mart, or one of the staffs kids little league jersey. or a jersey from some high schooler named payton manning...... I bought this to flip, and after he has a few good games, it will be gone. Personally, if i was going to buy a GU card for my PC, it would be one of the ones from the early 2000's. i think they have a much greater chance at being legit.

Members online

Latest posts